Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
Results 496 to 510 of 1041
  1. #496
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    And speaking of "things going downhill"...

    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2HHEpewgi
    We should make LA an offer!

  2. #497
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HulkHorford15 View Post
    My growing concern with both Dwight and Josh being on the Hawks especially without a coach who can wrangle them when need be, is that their immaturity on and off the court are going to really hurt our franchise. When this current team has played well this year it has been really good team basketball, but particularly in the losses you can tell the lack of a true superstar on this team. It will be interesting to see what Ferry does...
    I'm not going to go to far into this, but........ Since the plan has always been a Howard, Paul, Smith combo, for all purposes Paul would be the coach on the floor and the leader off the floor. I wouldn't worry so much about who's drawing up the X's and O's.

    Other somewhat immature players have succeeded to great length's in the NBA. Kobe, Pippen, Iverson, Thomas, ect.... Heck even the ultra poster boy for immaturity Keon Martin got to the championship games with a suspect coach and a great point in Kidd. Paul would do the same for the Hawks.

  3. #498
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I'm not going to go to far into this, but........ Since the plan has always been a Howard, Paul, Smith combo, for all purposes Paul would be the coach on the floor and the leader off the floor. I wouldn't worry so much about who's drawing up the X's and O's.

    Other somewhat immature players have succeeded to great length's in the NBA. Kobe, Pippen, Iverson, Thomas, ect.... Heck even the ultra poster boy for immaturity Keon Martin got to the championship games with a suspect coach and a great point in Kidd. Paul would do the same for the Hawks.
    Agreed and I would feel much better about having Paul calling the shots so to speak. But two things, Paul has no reason to really leave the Clips as they are having a great year and are improving every night. And secondly the list of players you named are all timers who have succeeded with the exception of K. Mart. D. Howard may go down as an all timer but we don't know yet. Those franchises dealt with Pippen, Kobe, Iverson, Thomas (I assume Isiah) because they were GREAT, Josh is no where near that category and Dwight is what he is which is yet to be determined. Yes they can succeed, but its a dangerous game to play.

  4. #499
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HulkHorford15 View Post
    Agreed and I would feel much better about having Paul calling the shots so to speak. But two things, Paul has no reason to really leave the Clips as they are having a great year and are improving every night. And secondly the list of players you named are all timers who have succeeded with the exception of K. Mart. D. Howard may go down as an all timer but we don't know yet. Those franchises dealt with Pippen, Kobe, Iverson, Thomas (I assume Isiah) because they were GREAT, Josh is no where near that category and Dwight is what he is which is yet to be determined. Yes they can succeed, but its a dangerous game to play.
    LBJ left the Cvs after finnishing with the best recoed in the NBA, because he didn't think while they where a good team he'd ever win a championship there. Who says Paul doesn't feel the same? The Clips have been notoriously horrible in keeping talent over the years. It's all speculation, but to say " , Paul has no reason to really leave the Clips", is far from any truth. To be honest there are always reasons, no matter if we know them or not.

    I named big names that I know basketball fans would recognize. I could easily name others. Josh and Howard have trendous talent. Will they be HOF'ers? Who knows both still have 7 to 10 years infront of them. They could be, And I certainly think at Howards current pace, he will be. Josh? He's going to have to pick it up....... Horry, Ron Artest, Jason Terry, Stphen Jackson, Shawn Kemp..... I can go on with immature players that have played and been a huge part of championship calliber teams. I don't think Josh and DH are as imature as you do, however I do agree they have some issue's.

  5. #500
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    LBJ left the Cvs after finnishing with the best recoed in the NBA, because he didn't think while they where a good team he'd ever win a championship there. Who says Paul doesn't feel the same? The Clips have been notoriously horrible in keeping talent over the years. It's all speculation, but to say " , Paul has no reason to really leave the Clips", is far from any truth. To be honest there are always reasons, no matter if we know them or not.

    I named big names that I know basketball fans would recognize. I could easily name others. Josh and Howard have trendous talent. Will they be HOF'ers? Who knows both still have 7 to 10 years infront of them. They could be, And I certainly think at Howards current pace, he will be. Josh? He's going to have to pick it up....... Horry, Ron Artest, Jason Terry, Stphen Jackson, Shawn Kemp..... I can go on with immature players that have played and been a huge part of championship calliber teams. I don't think Josh and DH are as imature as you do, however I do agree they have some issue's.
    Couple of things, good points btw just a little skewed.

    1. Yes Lebron left, but Lebron had NO ONE on the level of talent team wide or even a single player like Paul does with the Clips. So thats a tad off in that respect.

    2. Sure we don't know and yeah I agree Howard should be a HOF but Josh no.

    3. I actually think that Josh, at this point, has a dealt with his issues (no exercised them of course) more than Howard.

    4. Again you mention guys with personality conflicts that aren't the best players on the team, we all know those guys may be key to championship runs, but they are much more expendable in most GM's eyes than Superstars. Stephen Jackson was let go when he was a young up and coming 2/3 on a Spurs team primed for even more championships, Artest is a utter mess. Horry played with Kobe and Shaq. Also with The Dream and Cassell if my memory serves me correct. Terry was on a veteran laden team who had already become a veteran and grown up a little bit.

    Again that stuff can be overcome with a coach and a guy like Paul, but if those two factors aren't involved, then IMO (which is just that) the Hawks as a franchise would be in trouble. Thats why I would trust in Ferry (a Spurs guy) to make these decisions thank God!

    5.

  6. #501
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/1/6/38...as-part-of-joe
    A source confirmed to NetsDaily that ******.com accurately lists a previously unreported detail of last summer's Joe Johnson trade. The Hawks received the right to swap first-round picks with the Nets in both 2014 and 2015.
    That deal keeps looking better and better as more details emerge.

  7. #502
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Yes it does, hope they miss the play-off's.

  8. #503
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Right on time for phenoms like Andrew Wiggins and Jabari Parker entering the draft too. Man I don't wanna even get my hopes up, that would be too good to be true if the Nets just fell apart either or both of those years.

  9. #504
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    597
    vCash
    1500
    Yea saw this on Hoopshype the other day, Danny Ferry for Prez. Enjoying the potential growth of this team...

  10. #505
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,343
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/1/6/38...as-part-of-joe

    That deal keeps looking better and better as more details emerge.
    Awesome! Now only NJ play worse to miss the playoffs...
    Last edited by HowFit; 01-09-2013 at 04:47 AM.

  11. #506
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba...ngs/index.html
    The Kings are not going to trade him. After his most recent suspension, Boston, Charlotte, Atlanta, Washington and Dallas expressed interest in acquiring Cousins, only to be rebuffed.

  12. #507
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,309
    vCash
    1500
    I love that we expressed interest in him. Means we are actually trying to improve and go for a guy that potentially can become an elite player at his position.

    McGOAT

  13. #508
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    ^Yeah, more evidence that they are serious about "hitting a homerun."

  14. #509
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,309
    vCash
    1500
    Instead of trading draft picks for guys to go along with our "core".

    McGOAT

  15. #510
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,030
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *silver&black* View Post
    i love that we expressed interest in him. Means we are actually trying to improve and go for a guy that potentially can become an elite player at his position.
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000!

Page 34 of 70 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •