Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Don't know if Paul George will be a FA, but I can't imagine Indiana would let him get away if so.

vCash
    http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/12/1...ring-staying-/
    Smith, who only could add three more years onto his deal with an extension but could re-sign for as many as five years next summer with Atlanta, said he is on the same page with Ferry about his future.

"We already have an understanding on what's going on, especially between me and the GM," Smith said of his dealings with Ferry, in his first season with the Hawks. "I'm not going to tell you (what it specifically entails). It's an understanding that we have."

When it was suggested to Ferry that their "understanding" figures to result in Smith, 27, remaining next season with the Hawks, he didn't disagree.

"I value Josh," said Ferry, whose team will have ample salary-cap room next summer. "He's a good player. We're clear about that. And he has been clear (with the Hawks) about how he has enjoyed being in Atlanta. ...I value Josh, and certainly you want guys like that in your program."

vCash
    That is indeed good news. The future looks bright.

vCash
    CP3 and Howard...

vCash
    imagine a backcourt of cp3, lou, curry
    package teauge n jenkins n 1st to draft SHABBAZ!

vCash
    •The Hawks offered up Al Horford as part of a strong push to acquire Dwight Howard in August, according to Lawrence, who notes the Hawks will have enough cap flexibility to pursue the Atlanta native when he becomes an unrestricted free agent in the offseason.
    Again.... Just a dumb trade by ORL. Horford has more value than anything they got in the deal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Again.... Just a dumb trade by ORL. Horford has more value than anything they got in the deal.
    Hopefully it'll all work out in the end and we can keep Horford and get Howard.

Best front court in the NBA with a solid backcourt with Lou and Teague at least.

vCash
    I guess they didn't want to put up with him in the division (it would just be a swap of what Howard vs Horford does to a team, unless they moved him to PF and drafted another center.). We had the best deal. If Howard leaves the Lakers for the Hawks then wow, but I'm not holding out hope for that to happen.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan
    Hopefully it'll all work out in the end and we can keep Horford and get Howard.

Best front court in the NBA with a solid backcourt with Lou and Teague at least.
    Even with Horford and Lou currently on "team-friendly" contracts, it'll be tough to do all of that (while also retaining Smith) without paying the luxury tax, a bigger deal these days with heavier penalties on the way for tax-paying teams.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-20-2012 at 05:19 PM.

vCash
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-am-the...-taking-shape/
    The Hawks have been sniffing around for deals, but are mainly hoping to flip some of their ending contracts into a roster upgrade before the trade deadline. While the Hawks have been linked to some discussions, their stance according to sources that have talked with them is “unengaged” . If they are doing a trade it’s going to be the home run hit and that play just isn’t there.

The Hawks wants to have cap space in July; they plan to make runs at the major free agents like Chris Paul and Dwight Howard. If they swing and miss they want to have cap space to either go after a restricted free agent or trade for a player already under contract.

vCash
    What do you think Zaza's future is in Atlanta...???

Can he be traded this year and what is his value...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Would this 3 team deal intrigue Hawk fans...???

Boston-Atlanta-Minny

Atlanta sends Zaza to the C's

Boston sends Terry to Minny

Minny sends DWill to Atlanta
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Would this 3 team deal intrigue Hawk fans...???

Boston-Atlanta-Minny

Atlanta sends Zaza to the C's

Boston sends Terry to Minny

Minny sends DWill to Atlanta
    I like it, but I think Ferry wants to maintain enough salary cap room to sign 2 max free agents and then resign Josh. Adding D Wills salary may take away from that flexibility.

vCash
    I like it, but I think Ferry wants to maintain enough salary cap room to sign 2 max free agents and then resign Josh. Adding D Wills salary may take away from that flexibility.
    Figured that + the fact you guys could be in the Howard sweepstakes next season... Fair enough... Do you see Zaza getting traded this season...???

Reggie Lewis

vCash
    Even if we don't consider the Howard situation, that deal doesn't really help the Hawks. We already have too many PFs/tweeners here, and Zaza is really the only true center on the roster. Otherwise, we'd be playing someone like Anthony Tolliver at center, and nobody wants that.

Like SB75 said, Ferry wants to maintain flexibility and also field a competitive team, and they've done that so far. Things could change if it all falls apart, but if not, like the bolded text says in Post #475, I doubt he moves any key rotation guys unless it's a "homerun." Your trade idea is better than some of the ones we get from opposing fans though.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-24-2012 at 12:50 AM.

Page 32 of 70 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast