Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Guess I'm a little late on this but just saw that Chris Vivlamore is the new beat writer for the Hawks at the AJC. I used to read his stuff from the little bit of hockey I kept up with when the Thrashers were here -- dude is solid. I was cool with Cunningham covering the Hawks, but I guess with this change over at the paper, we might get more news and features regularly, which is a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Ferry has also came out and said “The leader of this team is the team,” which tells me no one's job is safe after next season. Horford, Smith, Teague, doesn't matter. We might be going into a bigger rebuild than we think, or it could go well and we get a star player somehow (I don't expect Howard or Paul to leave L.A., so good luck finding one Ferry).

But why wouldn't he come out and say "Smith, Horford, Teague" is our leaders, being they are the guys that have been here, took the team to the playoffs? Seems like no one is untouchable (which they shouldn't be anyways) and that is good to hear finally from a GM.
    IMHO..... Ferry said the right thing. Smith and JT are both FA after the season, so it's not certain they will be Hawks. No ones contract is certain after this year except Al and Jenkins. If you can get a DH/Paul/Smith combo yes you bring Smith back! And you might have to trade AL and/or ley JT walk to fill out the roster. If not and Al takes a big step forward everything is up in the air and maybe you build around him....... So Yeah, you can't lable anyone the leader with so much up in the air after the season.

The only person we know will be here in 2013/2014 season is Ferry!

vCash

vCash
    If T-Mac is honestly looking at going to China to play because he can't find work in the NBA, Our Hawks need to pick-up the phone. As of today he may not be able to play starters minutes, but he would be the best all-around SF on the roster. Disagreements or not.... I'm sure he'd rather play for Drew, than play over seas.

vCash
    I don't know how well he would do in a new fast paced offense they are working on, if given starter minutes, but I'm all for getting him back on the roster if we are serious about trying to compete still.

McGOAT

vCash
    He probably would be our most talented SF but you gotta wonder what kind of condition he's in since so many teams are passing over him, even the bad/desperate ones. Age and injuries have taken their toll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    He probably would be our most talented SF but you gotta wonder what kind of condition he's in since so many teams are passing over him, even the bad/desperate ones. Age and injuries have taken their toll.
    Exactly my thoughts...

vCash
    Looking forward to the first game of the year, wanna see Teague bust Lin up.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Hawks waive F Keith Benson.

Benson was just in for training camp. The team also announced that Isma'il Muhammad has been waived as well.
    rotoworld

vCash
    I would rather have Benson on the team than 2 or 3 guys I see still on the roster.

McGOAT

vCash
    Former Hawks, HOF, Slater Martin passed away at 86.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/85...er-martin-dies

Vivlamore's new post points out this might be the first time in years that both Hawks' draft picks make the team.

http://blogs.ajc.com/hawks/2012/10/1...tting-noticed/
    Last edited by Bravo95; 10-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.

vCash
    Jeff Teague left Thursday's preseason game with a sprained left ankle and did not return.

We don't have any other details than that and we'll update this blurb as soon as we get more information. We don't want to speculate, but it is the preseason and teams are going to err on the side of caution.
    Following Thursday's exhibition win over the Hornets, coach Larry Drew could not provide an update on Jeff Teague (ankle) because "he needed to be evaluated."

That doesn't sound great, but the situation on the ground hasn't really been reported on with any level of certainty. If you're drafting within the next 24 hours, you may want to shy away from Teague or bump him down a few slots, but panicking about his overall value at this time is premature. Devin Harris and Lou Williams would both get bumps if Teague misses any time.
    rotoworld

vCash
    Johan Petro voiced displeasure with his role in training camp.

"To be honest with you I don’t know," he said when asked about his role in Atlanta. I’m still trying to figure out what my place is with this team." The Hawks brought him in as a part of the Joe Johnson trade and the veteran big man has zero fantasy value.
    rotoworld

With all due respect, he's lucky to still be in the league. They just had to make the numbers work.

vCash
    His place on the team should have been...................handed to Benson.

McGOAT

vCash
    ^If KB had a center's body type, another 40-50 lbs, he might stick in the league.

But there are a lot of guys like him who float from team to team, overseas and back.

Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast