Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slugger View Post
    ^^^that's a sig you have there my man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Cunningham

That would be former Hawks head coach Bob Weiss.

We should bring back Tree Rollins as a BIG man's coach to teach our BIG's how to foul some one hard when going to the rim!

Ehhh...... Kevin Willis why we are at it to teach what a post game looks like!

vCash
    I'd rather Willis teach them how to consistently dominate on the glass. He had no problem doing that. Damn I miss those early 90s Hawks teams. They pissed me off, but Lenny made sure they never quit.

vCash
    What day was it that we could trade the players we got from the Joe and Marvin deals, the 11th?

vCash

vCash
    ESPN Trade Machine shows that the restrictions for those acquired in the Brooklyn and Utah deals will end on the 11th. Korver's ends on the 16th.

vCash
    ^Oh ok. I doubt Harris gets moved because he has done a bunch of interviews (local and national) since arriving, plus that team photoshoot with Lou Will wearing the new uniforms. Seems like they are invested to keep him around this season at least. As far as the players acquired in the Nets deal, who knows.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 09-10-2012 at 01:38 PM.

vCash
    I just have a feeling we might move someone from the Harris/Stevenson/Morrow group (seeing as we have Teague, Jenkins, Lou, and Korver at the Guard spots) for a starting SF.

Or we might go with Smith at SF, Zaza at Center. Don't know.

vCash
    i hope we we trade some1 for a sf, wouldn't mind trading a draft pick + players and take back a contract. It depends on who tho obviously.

vCash
    James Anderson, who was the No. 20 overall pick of the 2010 draft, has accepted an invite to the Hawks veteran's camp.

Anderson was pegged as a scorer coming out of college, but he really never showed much during his tenure with the Spurs and has career averages of just 3.7 points and 1.3 rebounds on 38 percent shooting. It's troublesome that the best Anderson could do was a camp invite considering he's just 23 years old and was a first-round pick two years ago.
    The Hawks and SF Damion James have agreed to terms on a one-year deal, according to Yahoo! Sports.

It's a non-guaranteed deal in the same mold as James Anderson's contract with the Hawks. Injuries have derailed James each of his two seasons in the NBA -- he appeared in only 32 total games for the Nets, averaging 4.5 points, 3.7 rebounds, 0.7 steals and 0.6 blocks in 18 minutes per game. Those per-minute stats are intriguing, but his outlook is dimmed by all the competition at SF in Atlanta (Josh Smith, Anthony Morrow, DeShawn Stevenson).
    rotoworld

vCash
    rotoworld
    Neither of these guys names are going to blow the socks off of Hawks fans, but I do like the signings. Both guys have talent and good size for the 2 and I would expect James to get most of his min's at the 3. One ( James) has to stay healthy and the other ( Anderson) has to prove he can do at this level. I would not be surprised if both of them made the team. If Anderson can become the scorer he was at Oklahoma State, he could push Devin for min at the 2. And we all know unless Drew decides to start Smith at the 3 and Al at the 4, small forward it's wide open.

I do like the optimisim with these signings.
    Last edited by SB75; 09-12-2012 at 06:43 PM.

vCash
    Report: Hawks may go after David Blatt as assistant coach
    Kurt Helin Sep 12, 2012, 5:59 PM EDT

If you ask close observers who the smartest, best coach on the international circuit is you usually hear the name David Blatt.

The average fan may not know him from the guy walking his dog down their street, but those fans know the powerhouse EuroLeague team he coaches (Maccabi Tel Aviv) and they know he coached the Russians up to the bronze medal in the London Olympics.

A lot of basketball people have wondered why an NBA team hasn’t gone after him. Now there is a report out of Sport-Express in Russia that one is (via Hoopshype, who did the translation).
    The head coach of Maccabi Tel Aviv and Russian National Basketball Team David Blatt may become the assistant coach of the Atlanta Hawks. Larry Drew has come to Israel today to watch and analyze Blatt’s work with Israel’s champions.
    This would be a smart hire by the Hawks. It gives them a quality coach on Drew’s bench and potentially a future head coach if management ever decides to go that direction (and Blatt sticks).

That said, Blatt may or may not come. He has carved out a nice — and lucrative — career in Europe. He likes living in Israel. Not everyone will fall over themselves just to get any NBA job.

But it’s something to watch. And a smart play by the Hawks whether it works out or not.
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...sistant-coach/

Might be a long shot to happen, but I was impressed by Blatt's work with Russia in the Olympics, specially his play-designs out of timeouts and late in games.

vCash
    ^^^^^ One other interesting thing about Anderson.... He once compared his game to Joe Johnson's....Hmmm
    Go to that link, click on the Spurs pick and watch his interview labled prospect profile.

vCash
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...sistant-coach/

Might be a long shot to happen, but I was impressed by Blatt's work with Russia in the Olympics, specially his play-designs out of timeouts and late in games.
    I just happy the Hawks are now trying to get highly coveted basketball mines, instead of yes men!

vCash
    lol didn't we draft Damion James (then traded him for Crawford)? I wouldn't mind seeing him a Hawk.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 09-12-2012 at 07:03 PM.

Page 23 of 70 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast