Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Truely shocked that's all the Magic's got! Atlanta offered so much more! Guess they just wanted him in the West.

vCash
    L.A. owns the NBA. They should go after Kevin Love next. His legacy is to be a Laker. I just feel it. This league is a joke.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GThawks View Post
    Am I only the only one that thinks we'll be better? Lose Joe, Marvin and Hinrich but we gain Horford(healthy), L Williams, Morrow, Harris, Jenkins, Korver, Stevenson and Pachullia is healthy as well. Remember we pretty much had Hinrich and Pachullia starting a lot last season and still finished 40-26.
    I think we will be alot better too. I don't think we are contenders (few are), but I feel as a team, we are much better and I see less embarrassing blowouts as a result. We got some of the "funk" out of the team, so hopefully we start acting like a real playoff team.

McGOAT

vCash
    Iggy to the Nuggets is a great move for them. Underrated part of this Howard trade.

McGOAT

vCash
    Whether the Hawks are better record-wise this upcoming year will depend on their perimeter defense. Joe and Marvin played arguably the best defense of their respective careers last season, but the offense from those two is replacable.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 08-10-2012 at 12:49 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GThawks
    Remember we pretty much had Hinrich and Pachullia starting a lot last season and still finished 40-26.
    Hinrich was clearly on his last legs, but they needed someone else who could play off the ball next to Teague when Joe was moved to SF. Zaza also didn't get enough credit for how well he played last season, especially on the defensive end. He and Ivan were huge in protecting the paint.

vCash
    iggy plays sf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I think we will be alot better too. I don't think we are contenders (few are), but I feel as a team, we are much better and I see less embarrassing blowouts as a result. We got some of the "funk" out of the team, so hopefully we start acting like a real playoff team.
    + 1
    i am waiting till september 12 to see if we trade some of our expirings for a more proven SF that would make us an instant contender if we had good SF who could shoot and drive.

vCash
    The Magic GM may get fired soon for this. This is probably the worst offer they got and he took it. I've said before, if I was the Magic GM I would've taken less to trade him to HOU or some other team before I would trade him to LAL or the Nets just to screw him over. He took the worst trade available and already looks like an idiot. He got rid of two bad contracts (Duhon and J-Rich) and took on a worse contract (Harrington), some mediocre players (McRoberts, Afflalo, and Eyenga), and 3 protected 1st rounders (1 in 2014, 1 in 2015, and 1 in 2017)... They could've had 3 firsts this year from HOU (12,16, and 18 pick) plus Kevin Martin's big expiring contract as well as unload J-Rich and/or Duhon on them.

vCash
    The Magic GM wasn't responsible for this trade.

vCash
    in their respects i do think afflalo will be a good players for them.. But what's their starting 5 look like? jameer, afflalo, turk, harrington, vucevic with big bay as a 6th.. terrible. i know they weren't trying to win now. but they coulda got teague andhorford from us or martin and bunch of young guys from rockets. wow.

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...stopped-short/
    “We had discussions with Orlando about Dwight Howard,” Ferry said. “They were apprehensive to trade him within the division."
    Told ya.

But I also like his quote below from the same column...
    “We can succeed. You can be a small-market team and succeed – and we’re not a small-market team.
    ... because this seems to show he isn't thinking like a small-market GM. He's going after the best and aggressively.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 08-13-2012 at 04:08 PM.

vCash
    It's hard to be patient after such a quick start but in Danny Ferry I trust.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...stopped-short/

Told ya.

But I also like his quote below from the same column...

... because this seems to show he isn't thinking like a small-market GM. He's going after the best and aggressively.
    I told you guys that Orlando would never trade in their division.They didn't want to see Dwight 4times a year.

vCash
    LOL looks like LA writers can't stop putting Gasol for Smith rumors out there. A new one came out and to no surprise some Laker fans think it isn't fair, they believe it should be for Smith and Horford for Gasol and crap.

McGOAT

Page 21 of 70 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast