Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Korver looks like a mix of slightly less douchey Ashton Kutcher and an over zealous Josh Brolin playing a young Tommy lee Jones in MIB3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Looking like Alonzo Gee could be out of the Cav's rotation. Someone I wanted this past season and could start at SF for us.
    Roll Tide!!!!!!
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    The Los Angeles Clippers today acquired guard Willie Green from the Atlanta Hawks in exchange for the draft rights to Sofoklis Schortsanitis. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not announced. NBA.com

David 'Dubi' Pick: Built a promising relationship w/ Greek giant Sofo Schortsanitis over last 2-years. That said, I doubt he'll wear an ATL jersey, ever. Twitter

vCash
    we also got roughly 1million dollar trade exception in the deal.. the trade exception is whatever the 1st year of willie green's deal is worth

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Has anybody heard anything regarding Ivan Johnson? Been wondering about him. Really would like to have him back.

vCash
    ^^^AI was shocked to hear that the Hawks have not re-signed Ivan. What he can bring to a team, for the price he can bring it at=BARGAIN. Makes me believe that it has to do with things off the court, that has kept teams away.

vCash
    The Hawks gave him a qualifying offer last month, which means they can/will match any offer -- but I haven't heard of any other team even rumored to be courting him since the season ended, likely because they know Atlanta will match.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 08-01-2012 at 12:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life
    we also got roughly 1million dollar trade exception in the deal.. the trade exception is whatever the 1st year of willie green's deal is worth
    Yeah, they have that 1.3M TE plus the Bi-Annual Exception worth about 1.9M (and vet min.) to fill one final roster spot.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 08-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.

vCash
    SI.com listed the Hawks as one of the 5 biggest offseason winners (LAL, MIA, NOH, GSW):
    The Hawks are a bit smaller and less versatile, in terms of size, without Johnson and small forward Marvin Williams. They need a fourth reliable big man behind Horford, Smith and Zaza Pachulia — a non-urgent need that free agent Ivan Johnson will likely fill because the Hawks still have plenty of wiggle room under the tax. But this still projects as a playoff team. Swingman Kyle Korver, who acquired for a trade exception, brings some much-needed three-point shooting off the bench. Williams can supply much of Johnson’s scoring and pick-and-roll play (and add some free throws, increasingly rare things with Johnson). Devin Harris is a dynamite backup point guard whom coach Larry Drew can pair with Teague in smaller units.

This team should be pretty good. The Hawks also have a killer combination of cap space and attractive assets that they could move for more space or in sign-and-trade deals.
    http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012...eason-winners/

vCash
    Unrestricted free agent small forward C.J. Miles has agreed to terms with the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source told The Salt Lake Tribune on Friday. Sulia

Cleveland Cavaliers, Utah Jazz, Free Agency, CJ Miles | share
    Why post this in this forum? This signing may mean that the Cavs have moved on from Alonzo Gee..where u at Ferry?

vCash
    Gee already said he wants to be in Cleveland and that he'll even take a shorter deal to stay.

vCash
    what are we going to do next.we are not a cotender with this roster

vCash
    ^ I don't think we are meant to be a contender anyways. I might be wrong, but we haven't been a true contender last year, or the year before that either, etc. Re-tooling (rebuilding is a word I would hold off on until we see what happens with Smith's future on this team) is where I would put us.

vCash
    #Hawks assistants K. Gattison and T. Hill will not return. ATL seeking 1 more coach in addition to pending hire K. Atkinson.
    Cunningham

vCash
    Am I only the only one that thinks we'll be better? Lose Joe, Marvin and Hinrich but we gain Horford(healthy), L Williams, Morrow, Harris, Jenkins, Korver, Stevenson and Pachullia is healthy as well. Remember we pretty much had Hinrich and Pachullia starting a lot last season and still finished 40-26.

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast