Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    vCash
    A NONE HOWARD TRADE!!!!

It was reported a few days ago that Sac had alot of interest in Jeff Teague. And for whatever reason Williams has been on the market for Minn, so with that in mind....... We have 3 point PG's on the roster (depending on how you view L.Williams) and no SF's (depending on how you view Kover), I have a 3 team trade in mind.

Atl gets:
    Derrick Williams

Sac gets:
    Jeff Teague

Min gets:
    Tyreke Evans

Harris/L.Williams
    Morrow/Stevenson/Jenkins
    Williams/Kover
    Smith/Ivan/J.Williams
    Horford/Zaza/Petro

Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    A NONE HOWARD TRADE!!!!

It was reported a few days ago that Sac had alot of interest in Jeff Teague. And for whatever reason Williams has been on the market for Minn, so with that in mind....... We have 3 point PG's on the roster (depending on how you view L.Williams) and no SF's (depending on how you view Kover), I have a 3 team trade in mind.

Atl gets:
    Derrick Williams

Sac gets:
    Jeff Teague

Min gets:
    Tyreke Evans

Harris/L.Williams
    Morrow/Stevenson/Jenkins
    Williams/Kover
    Smith/Ivan/J.Williams
    Horford/Zaza/Petro

Thoughts?
    Not bad but I think we could have Williams for Petro and a 1st.

vCash
    I value Teague more. 12 and 5 his first year starting, taking in account that Joe "iso" Johnson was his back court partner and we have Josh Smith who wanted to be PG #2 (or maybe #1 in his mind). Devin Harris averaged about the same (11 and 5), in (how many years as a starter) a back court that gave him full control of the team.

If we don't trade for Howard (or some star PG), I would rather see what Teague develops into his 2nd year as starter, pretty much giving him the team (Ferry wants to run more of a PG offense). I would rather see what he can develop into than to hand over the starting spot to an expiring Harris. With so many moves this off-season, the chemistry between Teague/Smith and Smith/Horford (Teague and Horford hasn't played a full season together yet) is important in our starting line-up.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-19-2012 at 11:33 AM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I value Teague more. 12 and 5 his first year starting, taking in account that Joe "iso" Johnson was his back court partner and we have Josh Smith who wanted to be PG #2 (or maybe #1 in his mind). Devin Harris averaged about the same (11 and 5), in (how many years as a starter) a back court that gave him full control of the team.

If we don't trade for Howard (or some star PG), I would rather see what Teague develops into his 2nd year as starter, pretty much giving him the team (Ferry wants to run more of a PG offense). I would rather see what he can develop into than to hand over the starting spot to an expiring Harris. With so many moves this off-season, the chemistry between Teague/Smith and Smith/Horford (Teague and Horford hasn't played a full season together yet) is important in our starting line-up.

I listen to fans complain about Smith bringing the ball up court on the breaks. And you know what I agree he should find the pg. But you know what else the pg needs to come to the ball and not run up the wing looking for his offense. Jeff does not come back to the ball, which is one of the reasons I think now that he is better suited for a Jason Terry type roll (although I did not want that to be the case heading into the 2011-2012 season. So I don't remember who 1rst made that comparison, they where spot on). I did however see KH come back to the ball. Smith denied him a few times ( Josh shouldn't have), KH had the whatever look on his face, but he never stopped coming back to the ball.

I go back to this.... Why where the Hawks looking for a starting caliber pg at the dead-line if they where confident in Jeff's playmaking? Assist is not a direst indication of how well you are running the offense. Do I think Jeff can grow as a play maker without Joe? Absolutely! I think we disagree on how much he can grow though.
    Last edited by SB75; 07-19-2012 at 05:24 PM.

vCash
    ^ If the Hawks were truly looking for a PG at the deadline, it's the pre-Ferry Hawks. You know, the ones that wanted to trade Smith for Gasol, or just trade Smith in general. Can't have one rumor without the others.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    ^ If the Hawks were truly looking for a PG at the deadline, it's the pre-Ferry Hawks. You know, the ones that wanted to trade Smith for Gasol, or just trade Smith in general. Can't have one rumor without the others.
    I agree with that. But our own MC and SS both said the reports of the Hawks shopping Josh at the trade dead-line and him asking for a trade at the dead line where false..... Man I miss SS when he was with the AJC! But nobody refuted the claims of Atl trying to get Sessions at the dead line. In fact they talked at length about it.

So 1 are you satisfied with JT being the starting point and his maturation process as a play maker. And 2 with Ferry coming from the SA brand of doing things, do you think Ferry is ( I do realize that would be just your opinion, but I'm interested)? and 3rd do you think at this point JT s better than Harris running the point? All friendly questions by the way.....

vCash
    no problem,

1. If there was a clear upgrade to Teague, and that player is still young, yes I would trade Teague. Devin Harris does nothing for me. He prob won't even be on this team after next season as we will need the cap space.

2. Ferry might just see that Teague has only started 1 year, been productive as a 3rd-4th option (something Marvin couldn't do), now would like to see how Teague does without Joe, becoming the primary ball handler on all plays.

3. Kind of goes back to #1, Teague and Harris had pretty much the same production last year, and I felt Harris obviously had more of a lead role in his offense instead of Teague who had to be forced in a "role player" role to even begin his career. No way was he going to come in and take full control away from Joe and Josh's team. Just the way I see it.

Like I said, I would upgrade anybody on this team right this second. BUT Harris to me isn't one. I would trade Teague in a package for Howard right now (as well as Horford). I would trade Teague if it meant we were getting a star PG in his 20s. But as it stands, without any of those star player trades, I would rather see what a 24 year old Teague can do in his 2nd year starting, no Joe, than to have 29 year old Harris forced his way into the starting line-up with no chemistry with Smith or Horford and expiring. An expiring Harris to me sounds like he is either starting the year off as our SG or coming off the bench. No way Ferry messes with the Teague/Smith/Horford chemistry (unless a star player trade comes our way) as that is all we have.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-19-2012 at 06:49 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    we really need to acquire an all star caliber sf, i don't mind us trading our draft picks and + expiring contracts to do so. would love to complete our team. i feel fine with al at C, josh at Pf, ? sf, sg(open committee), mix it up with JT and Harris( were going to be asking both of them be going hard and they will truly be handling the ball for us and they need to constantly create offense and also be able to be producing on the defensive end as well)

vCash
    Loul Deng would be a good fit for us, lol we already have korver to back him up 2

vCash
    Danilo Gallinari,danny granger, Corey Maggette,Tayshaun Prince,Thaddeus Young

vCash
    I don't know how others feel but I don't want to give up any picks unless it nets us a star player. We are on the edge of rebuilding, heck you can say we are rebuilding (retooling). Giving up draft picks for a long term contract like Deng or an expiring SF is taking steps back. Giving up Joe just to have Deng take up cap space doesn't make us better. That's just my opinion. I would like to have a team under the cap and with a bright future, while still being competitive. With the way Ferry deals, I believe we can find a cheap capable SF to start for us and be an upgrade to what we did have there (Marvin).

The names you mentioned though, Gallinari I would like on the team, but don't have any clue how we could make that work (nor do I know if Denver is even willing to give him up).
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 07-19-2012 at 09:17 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    I think the Nuggets would trade Wilson Chandler, before Gallinari.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    Pacers+Hawks=GOOD TRADE PARTNERS?
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    we make the playoffs this year, but next year win a championship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SluggeR View Post
    Pacers+Hawks=GOOD TRADE PARTNERS?
    Been saying this for a while....... West and George, plus a pick for Horford. We could ship West (exp contract) , along with the pick and a few of our own exp contracts and Picks for Howard and Turk. Orl gets it's exp contracts and draft picks.

Page 17 of 70 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast