Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If Howard doesn't come here, I wouldn't pay Smith max, no. Which means if he doesn't want less than that, hope he can find another team that will because I would let him walk. Rather be in the lottery than stuck where we are at.

vCash
    Chris Broussard just said on ESPN that Dwight isn't even considering the Hawks and that Josh's representatives (agent) are supposed to meet with Ferry this week.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Chris Broussard just said on ESPN that Dwight isn't even considering the Hawks and that Josh's representatives (agent) are supposed to meet with Ferry this week.
    Wouldn't be surprised if he tells Ferry (or hints at it) that we should trade him because he's not resigning unless its for max deal. The I would keep that stuff quiet so we can still get value for him.

vCash
    whatever. Rebuild please. Josh thinking max, Howard being Howard, Paul not coming here.

vCash
    And to think about how hopeful we were this offseason.

At least it's a new chapter in this franchises history, it's sad really that I'm happy to start sucking again.

vCash
    If Josh is delusional enough to think he's worth Max $$"s, you have to trade him. It would be counter-productive to let him walk and not get anything back for him..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I don't even want Dwight at this point. He is a headcase. If he's causing problems in the locker room he is in now after what he did in Orlando, his talent is vastly outweighed by his ego and the headache he'll cause, for me anyways. I would like to see us move Josh at the trade deadline. Not because I want him gone, but because if he truly thinks he is a max player, I wouldn't re sign him anyways. Joe was closer to being a max player than Smoove imo. Josh is only going to get worse as his career goes on. Once his athleticism begins to fade he won't be worth the contract at all. So I say, get some youth and picks.

I don't think we have to completely tear down house and rebuild, closer to a remodel. We have Al at a very reasonable price. Partnered with Teague, if you can draw a big name and develop youth and draft picks around them I think we can be very dangerous.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    If Howard doesn't come here, I wouldn't pay Smith max, no. Which means if he doesn't want less than that, hope he can find another team that will because I would let him walk. Rather be in the lottery than stuck where we are at.
    I think I agree with you. The only and this is slight IMHO, he gets the Max from the Hawks, is if it where a pre-arranged package with Paul and Howard also signing with the Hawks. For the record, I don't believe Smith is a Max player as he is now. But then again no player on our roster is a Max player IMHO and I would have found it strange if he had said anything elase.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    HArd to take Chris seriously when he was one of the many that reported that there was no way Howard was going to LA. But if indeedFerry does have solid info that Howard will not come to Atl the meeting could be to discuss trades or Smith's long-time or short time future with the Hawks.

I'm not willing to except some of the garbage that's been posted just for sake of trade and saying we didn't loose him for nothing. I'd rather let him walk. But as I have to remind guys every year around this time..... Who is the last player that got anywhere close to Max money that wasn't signed and traded? SO unless we get a killer deal for Smith near the trade dead-line, hold on to him. Let him walk if he wants, take the draft picks from team he chooses and re-build.

I'm in favor of keeping the guy, but if he wants out do it in a way that is good for the Hawks going forward. Not some of the trades posted. And for those that say we can't get that for Smith on his walk year, I hear your concern, let him walk if need be rather tahn be sattled down with contracts that don't make us better on the floor.
    Last edited by SB75; 01-29-2013 at 11:23 AM.

vCash
    I wonder if the injury to Lou will affect Ferry's desire to trade one of our guards (hopefully for a pick).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    HArd to take Chris seriously when he was one of the many that reported that there was no way Howard was going to LA. But if indeedFerry does have solid info that Howard will not come to Atl the meeting could be to discuss trades or Smith's long-time or short time future with the Hawks.

I'm not willing to except some of the garbage that's been posted just for sake of trade and saying we didn't loose him for nothing. I'd rather let him walk. But as I have to remind guys every year around this time..... Who is the last player that got anywhere close to Max money that wasn't signed and traded? SO unless we get a killer deal for Smith near the trade dead-line, hold on to him. Let him walk if he wants, take the draft picks from team he chooses and re-build.

I'm in favor of keeping the guy, but if he wants out do it in a way that is good for the Hawks going forward. Not some of the trades posted. And for those that say we can't get that for Smith on his walk year, I hear your concern, let him walk if need be rather tahn be sattled down with contracts that don't make us better on the floor.
    I thought about this post, and actually agree with you on most of it. Having said that, it's still basically up to Josh('s agent), whether he actually forces Ferry to move him at the deadline and his agent has been running his mouth to the media. Broussard isn't the top "insider" but I've just been posting stuff from the so-called insiders that is new instead of the same old recycled stuff, and his report about meeting with Ferry this week is a big deal if true. Personally I don't expect anything major to happen anytime soon, if at all this season, unless Josh forces a trade or Ferry gets a direct answer from Dwight (or his agent) himself.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-30-2013 at 10:03 PM.

vCash
    I f you know dwight Howard personally(i seriously do), then you know he really doesnt want to play in atlanta. Chris paul wanted to come here when he was getting drafted, but that was long ago. Niether of those players will come here if its a pick and choose situation. If josh really thinks he is worth as much as Kobe,Lebron,durant,D-Rose, then trade him. Otherwise i think Teague has shown he can be our PG of the future. Keep in mind this is only his 2nd full season as a starter, and 1st where he gets to actually run the floor. He is the best/most dynamic player we have, and i think we can build around him and horford. Hopefully josh comes to his senses and realizes he isnt worth 100+million.
    <span style=font-family: Georgia>[II][/I]</span>

vCash
    oh and if anyone cares, I went to southwest atlanta christian academy, where Dwight also graduated from. His dad was the Athletic director when i play football there(2010, and 2011), and i met Dwight jr there. Basically, i think we're better off without him. Too much drama.

vCash
    I would be fine building around Horford and Teague if we can get a lottery pick for Smith and pick a nice wing.

Teague-Lou Will-Shabazz-Horford/FA-Horford/FA

vCash
    its probably just me, but i dont bank on too many draft picks. Alot of guys of course come through the draft and do well, but im not willing to put all the marbles on a draft pick that we dnt know will pn out. It should be interesting though.

Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast