Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think if/when Smith is traded, at least 3 teams will be involved..at least.
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    I still would like the Hawks to snatch-up Derrick Williams. He definitely needs a change of scenery..
    "..complex mane dat love simple thangs."*S.L.uggeR*

vCash
    ^We have tweeners, but if I were pursing one, it's Amir Johnson. He makes $6-7M annually the next 3 seasons, which might mess up the cap space plans, but he's the kind of player this team needs (since Drew doesn't trust Ivan).
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-19-2013 at 03:34 AM.

vCash
    ok look I no this deal might mess up your cap plans but hear me out your intrested in a win now so how about this deal towards the deadline we trade you james white just a throw in but also send you cope who is a good scorer which you will need now that lou is done also prigioni you can be your back up pg great passer and nasty defense doesn't look to score and i no amare who if improves at 20 ppg can help your offense which you need which danny ferry said you were in win now position which doesn't look to true with lou out also we would send you this year 2013, 2015 and 2017 first round picks this year and 2015 unprotected 2017 lotto protected for devin harris tolliver and josh smith who is bound to leave anyway and is reunited with mike woodson?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by knicksballers View Post
    ok look I no this deal might mess up your cap plans but hear me out your intrested in a win now so how about this deal towards the deadline we trade you james white just a throw in but also send you cope who is a good scorer which you will need now that lou is done also prigioni you can be your back up pg great passer and nasty defense doesn't look to score and i no amare who if improves at 20 ppg can help your offense which you need which danny ferry said you were in win now position which doesn't look to true with lou out also we would send you this year 2013, 2015 and 2017 first round picks this year and 2015 unprotected 2017 lotto protected for devin harris tolliver and josh smith who is bound to leave anyway and is reunited with mike woodson?
    Not going to be mean, but please listen to yourself. It doesn't make any sense for the Hawks. Also Smith doesn't like Woodson at all, see the history of the two.

vCash
    That is literally to help out the Knicks and nothing more.

McGOAT

vCash
    Would Teague/Horford/Korver for Howard be too much to give up for someone who might come here without giving up nothing in the summer? My thinking would be with this, we would have more cap room to bring in another big name player (maybe CP3) in the summer with this trade.

What would be better:

This:

Teague
    ???????/Williams
    Smith
    Horford
    Howard

or this:

??????
    ??????/Williams
    ??????
    Smith
    Howard with cap room to sign another big name player

McGOAT

vCash
    I gotta be honest, the way Howard has been playing lately (or really, this season) makes me concerned about this dude long term physically. Brad Daugherty was a damn good center in the 90s who had to retire early because of back injuries. I need to see something from Dwight showing he isn't headed down that same path before I consider a trade or offering another big contract that might blow up in our faces.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-21-2013 at 01:36 AM.

vCash
    I just want this team to win. My way of rebuilding it would be through the draft (meaning trade Smith for picks, maybe even Horford). I really don't know which direction we are heading but I hope we are not just waiting, and hope that Dwight and/or Paul is just walking to our team this summer. Waiting and hoping will just get us stuck with overpaying Smith and maybe a Curry or Jefferson and be stuck where we are now.

McGOAT

vCash
    Just to be clear: I'd trade anyone on this roster. The only thing I care about is what we're getting in return and if the numbers makes sense. Chris Paul's inability to stay healthy this season (and his history of them) have made me wonder about him also, so this isn't just about Dwight. The last thing we need is to give big money to guys who are always in suits, the Hawks have already down that road.

vCash
    I agree with you, and also, I'm not really fans of either Howard or Paul, so I won't be upset if we go in a different direction.

I'm more for trying to get a trade for Cousins. Young and more potential than anyone on our roster right now. That is the type of player I would want to see come here. Of course, we would need a more respected coach.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    I just want this team to win. My way of rebuilding it would be through the draft (meaning trade Smith for picks, maybe even Horford). I really don't know which direction we are heading but I hope we are not just waiting, and hope that Dwight and/or Paul is just walking to our team this summer. Waiting and hoping will just get us stuck with overpaying Smith and maybe a Curry or Jefferson and be stuck where we are now.
    I'm starting to lean that way also. I mean, I had/have high hopes for the free agent splashes also, but these dudes can't stay on the floor. This isn't like Lebron, who is built like a tank and always playing, going to Miami. These dudes have a tough time staying healthy now. And I don't want to deal with injured superstars who are a shell of themselves because expectations will be SKY HIGH.

vCash
    The Cavs' owner Dan Gilbert is a *****, but one thing he said after LeBron left was exactly right: There are NO shortcuts to get to the top. And that's basically what our dream FA grabs would be. But lately I keep thinking we (the fan base and maybe the front office) are putting faith in some dudes who probably don't even deserve it. Either they are going to make us look like fools next summer or it's just gonna blow up in our faces via injury or whatever like karma usually does. Feels like we should just ride out this season, make all the necessary trades to make everyone happy, tear it down and hit restart, and just build it "the right way."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Would Teague/Horford/Korver for Howard be too much to give up for someone who might come here without giving up nothing in the summer? My thinking would be with this, we would have more cap room to bring in another big name player (maybe CP3) in the summer with this trade.

What would be better:

This:

Teague
    ???????/Williams
    Smith
    Horford
    Howard

or this:

??????
    ??????/Williams
    ??????
    Smith
    Howard with cap room to sign another big name player
    As much as I'm for a Howard trade, At this point I think that would be to much. Horford sraight up for Howard right now would be a win for the Lakers. Not that Al is the same level of player that Howard is, but he is signed for 4 more years ( I'll check that) and Howard and the Lakers are loosing which increases the odd's he may leave them. While JT is a FA at the end of the year, he's a RFA, so the team that he's with still basically holds his rights if they are willing to pony up.

On the other side of the coin..... As you said it would give the Hawks even more flex to bring in a big name player to play with Smith and Howard if they re-sign. Heck actually 2 big time players if the Hawks are willing to pay the Lux Tax...... SO please allow me to tweek your trade....

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ayfebxw

With a future protected 1rst going to Min....... For what ever reason they have been trying to trade him for penuts and he looks like an All-Star when he plays us.

Teague/ Pargo
    Korver/ Jenkins
    Williams/ Morrow/ Stephenson
    Smith/ Johnson/ Scott
    Howard/ Pachulia/ Oden.... Hopefully!

I think we could make a good run with that. Williams at 3 or 4 with Smith playing the other, should be able to rebound at least as well as Marvin did and solve some of our rebounding problems...... Well that and along with getting one of the best rebounders in the NBA in Howard.

vCash
    As far as Paul goes....... I understand the injury concern, can't ignore it. The reason I champion him for the Hawks is because he brings what we have not had in a long time. A true vocal leader! Smith tried and did it the wrong way. I also think that's not what he is cut out for. Al is more of the lead by example type(out side of last year) and this team needs more than that.

Page 36 of 70 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast