Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Figured that + the fact you guys could be in the Howard sweepstakes next season... Fair enough... Do you see Zaza getting traded this season...???
    I could see Zaza getting moved in one of 3 ways.

1) Like Bravo said, things go down hill.

2) Like the report said the Hawks can hit a home run and get a star.

3) They can get a young, cheap, and talented player back in trade that they also recieve a center that they can get away with major min at back-up and some spot starts who's contract also runs out at season's end. In other words a player very similar to Zaza.

So IMHO it's possible, but not likely. I do see a few trades out there that I think the Hawks would do, but it would take a lot of moving parts to get it done

vCash
    ^That last sentence is why I can see Ferry waiting until the last minute before making any moves. The Eastern Conference is a mess right now thanks to a number of key injuries, so most of the rumors will just be a lot of hot air.

vCash
    a rumor ive seen a few times is the trail blazers are fielding calls for Lamarcus Aldridge, not necessarily shopping him.. now i know we have a few PF/tweeners and no true C except zaza, but could a deal of say devin harris(expiring), zaza, jenking(rook) and a first(possibly 2) land us lamarcus?

PG-Teague
    SG-Korver
    SF-Smoove
    PF-Aldridge
    C-Horford

bench:Lou Will, Stevenson, Morrow, Ivan.. we would most certainly have to sign a big man in this case, such as darko or birdman. this would allow smoove to bang around in the post but have to capable guys like al and LA who can consistently hit the midrange and personally i believe make us a more complete team.. whats everybody think?

The start of something great to come in Carolina, bring on the haters!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4life View Post
    a rumor ive seen a few times is the trail blazers are fielding calls for Lamarcus Aldridge, not necessarily shopping him.. now i know we have a few PF/tweeners and no true C except zaza, but could a deal of say devin harris(expiring), zaza, jenking(rook) and a first(possibly 2) land us lamarcus?

PG-Teague
    SG-Korver
    SF-Smoove
    PF-Aldridge
    C-Horford

bench:Lou Will, Stevenson, Morrow, Ivan.. we would most certainly have to sign a big man in this case, such as darko or birdman. this would allow smoove to bang around in the post but have to capable guys like al and LA who can consistently hit the midrange and personally i believe make us a more complete team.. whats everybody think?
    I saw the Lamarcus rumors and he is a player that I have liked since he was at Texas. However, I don't know if he is the player Ferry would give up his cap room and dreams of a big-offseason for.

vCash
    very true, that would only be in the case he wants to give it a run this season.. i know we gotta look at the big picture, but this season has me believing lol

vCash
    I like Aldridge but one of the reasons why he hasn't taken the next step to become a legit superstar (and why his teams never go anywhere) is LMA doesn't seem to care about playing any defense. Same with Kevin Love.

Ferry's track record is a guy who wants an elite defensive team that has a strong bench -- he did it that way in San Antonio, in Cleveland, and you guys can see it coming together here. That's why I believe he loves Josh, and why he didn't send a king's ransom to bring Amare to the Cavs. Fans are starting to buy into this team and Ferry.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-30-2012 at 03:03 AM.

vCash
    Atlanta Hawks Rumors

Grizzlies Making Rudy Gay Available?

January 4 at 12:34pm CST By Luke Adams

Rudy Gay is no stranger to trade rumors, having been the subject of a few rumblings as recently as last summer. And it appears that 2013 will bring even more rumors surrounding the veteran forward, with Zach Lowe of Grantland reporting that the Grizzlies have made it known in preliminary talks with NBA teams that Gay could be available.

Lowe clarifies that it doesn't sound as if Memphis is actively shopping the 26-year-old. However, the club is about $4MM into the luxury tax this season, and could be heading back into tax territory in the next two seasons, based on the contracts currently on the books. As such, moving Gay's three-year, $53MM+ deal might be an attractive option.

Former Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley said back in June that the team had no plans to deal Gay, and a September report from the Memphis Commercial Appeal suggested that Memphis turned down a number of lowball offers for Gay over the summer. However, with a new owner (Robert Pera) in place, and new faces in the front office, such as John Hollinger and Jason Levien, the Grizzlies may be more open to revisiting the possibility of a move.

While Lowe doesn't specify which teams the Grizzlies may have spoken to about Gay, he does speculate on which clubs may be a fit, naming the Timberwolves, Bucks, Celtics, Hawks, Raptors, Rockets, and Jazz as "sensible candidates." Lowe also adds that the Warriors have "long coveted" Gay, but points out they don't really have the pieces to make a deal work at the moment.

Would you trade for Gay?

vCash
    depends on what we have to give up, of course it would be substantial.. but

PG-Teague
    SG-Korver
    SF-Gay
    PF-Smith
    C-Horford

with lou will, zaza(pry be in the deal), morrow, jenkins, stevenson. certainly would be a contender in my books. but then we couldnt pursue FA the way we'd like in the offseason. his contract would certainly hold us back

vCash
    I don't know. Salary and what he brings to a team, I just see a young Joe coming. Even though he might be better, what does it do for the team? I would rather try to see if we can get one of the big guys rumored to be having problems with their teams (Cousins, Love). Love would instantly give this team what it needs, rebounding. Cousins could be the "star" type player we are searching for "potentially", just need a solid coaching staff to help him mature. I don't know if we could get one of them without giving up a Smith or Horford, but they are upgrades in my eyes in terms of rebounding and scoring in the paint, 2 things we lack and have hurt us for years. A Smith/Love (SF/PF), Smith/Cousins, Love/Horford, Horford/Cousins combo could still give us enough cap to get a wing player in the summer (or a center in the Smith/Love combo).
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 01-05-2013 at 12:02 AM.

vCash
    Never been a Rudy Gay fan, reminds me too much of Glenn Big Dog Robinson, who I pretty much hated when he was here. I don't believe RG makes us a contender, or most other teams for that matter.

He's gonna make almost $18M dollars, so that means you can kiss all that cap room goodbye in the offseason. If I'm paying someone that kind of money, he needs to be a superstar, and RG is not, that's why Memphis wants to move him, he's their 3rd or 4th best player. Like *Silver&Black* said, it's like the Joe situation all over again.

Cousins makes more sense, but IDK if we have the kind of strong veteran leadership in this locker room to keep DMC from acting a fool when times get tough. And Drew doesn't really seem like that type of disciplinarian coach.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 01-05-2013 at 06:53 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Never been a Rudy Gay fan, reminds me too much of Glenn Big Dog Robinson, who I pretty much hated when he was here. I don't believe RG makes us a contender, or most other teams for that matter.

He's gonna make almost $18M dollars, so that means you can kiss all that cap room goodbye in the offseason. If I'm paying someone that kind of money, he needs to be a superstar, and RG is not, that's why Memphis wants to move him, he's their 3rd or 4th best player. Like *Silver&Black* said, it's like the Joe situation all over again.

Cousins makes more sense, but IDK if we have the kind of strong veteran leadership in this locker room to keep DMC from acting a fool when times get tough. And Drew doesn't really seem like that type of disciplinarian coach.
    agreed but like silver&black mentioned.. could you imagine kevin love? it would certainly take a lot to get him but we'd pry have to part with big Al.. maybe a package of zaza, harris(expiring), stevenson(expiring) and a couple of firsts. their positions of need are SG and if loves traded PF. also backup big, which is where i got zaza from.

vCash
    Smith at SF, Love at PF, draft or get a center in FA. Would be a great frontcourt.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthers4Life
    agreed but like silver&black mentioned.. could you imagine kevin love? it would certainly take a lot to get him but we'd pry have to part with big Al.. maybe a package of zaza, harris(expiring), stevenson(expiring) and a couple of firsts. their positions of need are SG and if loves traded PF. also backup big, which is where i got zaza from.
    Oh yeah definitely, Kevin Love sounds great but I'm not sold that Minnesota is gonna trade him anytime soon. And if they do, it's gonna cost a lot, he's arguably a Top 15 player when full healthy (although right now I still consider him a #2 option on a title winner).

The other side is it doesn't look like the Hawks (or Drew at least) are interested in playing Josh at small forward long term, even though I've been screaming about it for over a year, and Josh seems to prefer the 4... so adding Kevin either creates another logjam at PF or your interior defense is getting significantly worse with Love playing C.

vCash
    And speaking of "things going downhill"...
    A league source told the Daily News that the Lakers stars got into a heated exchange following a New Year’s Day loss to the 76ers, and Bryant went for a low blow – referencing and agreeing with Shaquille O’Neal’s criticisms of Howard being soft.

Howard was restrained from going at his teammate, according to the source, and there have been rumblings from the center’s camp that he’s been unhappy with Bryant since earlier in the season.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2HHEpewgi

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    And speaking of "things going downhill"...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2HHEpewgi
    My growing concern with both Dwight and Josh being on the Hawks especially without a coach who can wrangle them when need be, is that their immaturity on and off the court are going to really hurt our franchise. When this current team has played well this year it has been really good team basketball, but particularly in the losses you can tell the lack of a true superstar on this team. It will be interesting to see what Ferry does...

Page 33 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast