Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by murphturph View Post
    Bargnani Ed davis Calderon for josh smith and 2nd rounder
    No, don't like this. I would just hope he want to stay here and lure Howard to Atl...then we sign CP3

vCash
    ^You have to root against the Lakers and Clippers this season, so that Paul and Howard will want out.

vCash
    give us Josh Smith already.

j/k, just checking the forum to see if you guys posted the BS smith/gasol laker trade this odd blog reported, just look up Gasol Smith Trade on google.

if i were the hawks i wouldnt' do it 1 for 1 unless they want to get something for smith since he may not re-sign this season

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    this forum is ded
    Nuggets 2014-15 motto: Return to mediocrity

Hall & Oates - Melo come back
    Melo come back, any kind of intelligent fan could see
    There was something in everything about you
    Melo come back, you can blame it all George Karl
    He was wrong and I just can't live without you

vCash
    Well, most of us have been beating this Gasol for Smith trade into the ground for about three years now. Frankly we are probably just bored with the thought of discussing it,...again.

vCash
    Well don't know what "ded" is but this forum is filled with nice people discussing our favorite team. No bandwagon, sarcastic, troll posters. I like the "size" of the group very much.

vCash
    What you guys think bout this trade..

Hawks: Hornets 2013 unprotected 1st, Thad Young
    Sixers: Horford

vCash
    I would pass. As of now, there isn't anybody in the draft next year better than Horford. I would like Shabazz, but with Horford on the team. Young is a good piece, but I don't like Young and Smith on the court together (who plays SF, who plays PF). Too bad your trade wasn't for Smith instead, it would be an ideal trade for Smith (picks, young players).

vCash
    i like our team this year. if josh takes shots <10ft or less. everyone is playing their role.

vCash
    I was against the idea of Atlanta signing OJ Mayo last offseason. His stats were way down the past few years after a good start to his career, and I wanted to see at least one full season of production with starters minutes from the dude before committing serious money to him, especially with our team in transition (or so it seemed).

His 3-point shooting (53%) will come down and he needs to show more on the defensive end, but everything else looks legit. On track for a possible All-Star bid and will definitely opt-out of his deal next summer -- could be another guy Ferry goes after next summer, to pair with Teague if they can't get CP3. (DF will still pursue Dwight unless he signs the extension in-season).
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-09-2012 at 12:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I was against the idea of Atlanta signing OJ Mayo last offseason. His stats were way down the past few years after a good start to his career, and I wanted to see at least one full season of production with starters minutes from the dude before committing serious money to him, especially with our team in transition (or so it seemed).

His 3-point shooting (53%) will come down and he needs to show more on the defensive end, but everything else looks legit. On track for a possible All-Star bid and will definitely opt-out of his deal next summer -- could be another guy Ferry goes after next summer, to pair with Teague if they can't get CP3. (DF will still pursue Dwight unless he signs the extension in-season).
    If we can get Mayo at a reasonable price, Teague-Mayo-Smith-Horford-Howard is possible, no?

vCash
    Mayo is kinda keeping the Mavs afloat right now by himself -- if he gets an All Star bid, that might be enough to command Eric Gordon/James Harden type money. Gordon had never accomplished anything in the NBA besides a Western Conference Player of the Month award and still got nearly $15M per year. Harden finally won 6MOY last season and turned it into $80M over 5 years.

Ferry's got his work cut out for him but at least it potentially adds another good player to the FA mix. Most of our next offseason still depends on what Josh wants, but also what kind of offer sheet Teague gets from another team for the Hawks to match. (I believe JT gets something around $8-9M per year).
    Last edited by Bravo95; 12-09-2012 at 10:25 PM.

vCash
    Mayo is kinda keeping the Mavs afloat right now by himself -- if he gets an All Star bid, that might be enough to command Eric Gordon/James Harden type money. Gordon had never accomplished anything in the NBA besides a Western Conference Player of the Month award and still got nearly $15M per year. Harden finally won 6MOY last season and turned it into $80M over 5 years.

Ferry's got his work cut out for him but at least it potentially adds another good player to the FA mix. Most of the our next offseason still depends on what Josh wants, but also what kind of offer sheet Teague gets from another team for the Hawks to match. (I believe JT gets something around $8-9M per year).
    That wad my only problem with the Lou signing. We should have went after Mayo first.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    That wad my only problem with the Lou signing. We should have went after Mayo first.
    You were right about Mayo's game. I just wasn't sold on him yet and also didn't want to risk him using us as leverage for a deal with some other team since everyone knew he wanted starter's money, especially when Lou was ready to take less money to play here.

vCash
    You were right about Mayo's game. I just wasn't sold on him yet and also didn't want to risk him using us as leverage for a deal with some other team since everyone knew he wanted starter's money, especially when Lou was ready to take less money to play here.
    Yea, that makes sense...... Either way barring injury or a total slump, he's in-line for a big pay day. Obviously Howard and Paul are one and one A on the Hawks free agent wish list, but I would guess Ferry is keeping his eye on Mayo as well as Paul George and Tyreke Evans if the big guys won't come this way.

Page 31 of 70 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast