Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA Draft/Trades/Free Agency

Have at it.

(Also, if you find a rumor/report involving the Hawks, add the link or credit the source at least.)
    Atlanta Hawks

Jason Collins, Erick Dampier, Willie Green, Kirk Hinrich, Ivan Johnson (R), Tracy McGrady, Jannero Pargo, Vladimir Radmanovic and Jerry Stackhouse.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-29-2012 at 03:06 PM.

vCash
    #Hawks GM Danny Ferry says no decision on qualifying offer for F Ivan Johnson. Deadline is Sat.
    Cunningham / ajc

vCash
    I hope we go with a younger team this year.. We need to start finding some cheap young players and develop them rather then getting new vets each and every year.. Seems like we trade or release every player we draft

vCash
    I hope the two guys we drafted this year get some significant mins + Sergiy Gladyr, bring back ivan, pargo, t-mac, and collins (i would rather not, but he's shown he can play some mins in that boston series.) the rest of the guys i am sure we can find in free agency, maybe a stud off the bench, or we trade marvin! I would like to see some moves on the hawks behalf. I really feel with a healthy horford, smith, jj, marvin, n teauge, we could disrupt some stuff. If luck goes our way I can see us playing in the ECF next year, but i would love for John Jenkins to be play to come in play the 2 with teauge, jj, josh, n al n give us 10+ points a night. i really feel he's got the stroke n ATLANTA HAWKS LOVE shooting the 3 ball, n he fits the ball to make 3-5 3's a night for us.

vCash
    If Haywood gets amnestied by DAL, I wouldn't mind him on the roster.

vCash
    We need to make a trade to clear some cap before we're able to sign anybody of significant value. Only going to have about $6.5 mil to sign at least 5 players, after Jenkins and Scott sign their deals, before crossing the luxury tax threshold.
    We sold our soul to the Devil for the '96 Olympics and now we're cursed

vCash
    What is your feelings about Marvin Williams? The Cavs have shown interest in him before and we still have a hole at SF. What do you take for him. The Cavs have the cap space to offer a trade exception and take that money completely off the books.

vCash
    We really need to re-sign Ivan. I feel like that is a must.

vCash
    Atlanta, Dallas and the Los Angeles Clippers have also expressed interest in (Ray Allen). ESPN.com

KC Johnson: Bulls have reached out to Hinrich, who is drawing initial interest from several teams, including the Lakers. Twitter

Michael Cunningham: Source says #Hawks not close on any deals. Discussions continue w/ Nets re: Joe Johnson Twitter
    Still not sure why the Hawks didn't trade my boi KH for something.

vCash
    Marc J. Spears: While Celtics free agent Brandon Bass interested in re-signing, Pacers, Nets, Mavs, Heat (sign and trade), Knicks and Hawks intrigued too. Twitter
    Marc J. Spears: Expect Heat, Celtics, Lakers, Hawks and Knicks to have interest in free agent Rashard Lewis once he clears waivers, source tells Y! Twitter

Who makes more sense to you.... Lewis or Bass.... Also going back to the draft, A lot of rumors out there about Hawks and power forwards, although Lewis can play both forward spots.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Who makes more sense to you.... Lewis or Bass.... Also going back to the draft, A lot of rumors out there about Hawks and power forwards, although Lewis can play both forward spots.
    I think I would go for Lewis first. That is mostly because I really want to re-sign Ivan and I think a signing of Bass could prevent that. If we do the Joe Johnson trade to the Nets and get back Morrow, Petro, Williams, and Farmar then that would give us a nice lineup. Could still look to trade Marvin to clear up cap space. Maybe trade him and try to pick up a quality free agent? Possibly pick up Kaman somehow?

C - Kaman, Zaza, Petro
    PF - Horford, Ivan, Scott
    SF - Smith, Lewis, J Williams
    SG - Morrow, Jenkins,
    PG - Teague, Farmar

vCash
    Btw, very happy to see the Hawks for once be in what seem like legit reports. Ferry may have some good ideas on the way.

vCash
    Would you guys be on board with going after Goran Dragic?

vCash
    yes I would. Very much so.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    yes I would. Very much so.
    I think if the Joe thing goes through, the Hawks should make a run at him. The Rockets could match, but his passing and playmaking would fit very well with Smith's athleticism and Horfords mid range shot.

Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast