Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Schneider gets a 3 year extension!

Surprised this was not posted in here yet. 3 years, 4 mil cap hit. I was hoping for a 3.5 cap hit, but just glad this deal got completed. Now we can move on to trading Luongo, and work on free agents.

http://www.nucksmisconduct.com/2012/...deal-with-cory
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    Now this gets interesting...

NOW Luongo is out the door. The Nucks had at least a little bit of leverage in that they could keep Luongo or they might HAVE to keep Luongo but with Schneider signed at 4, there is no chance in hell the Nucks even consider paying 2 goalies 9.333 million for next season. The Nucks lose all of that fake (cause they weren't gonna keep him anyway) leverage that they had in these negotiations.

I still think the Nucks will get something decent for him but I really thought they would have waited to announce the Schneider signing or got the deal done before they had to sign Schneider or risk an offer sheet.

Not sure I love this deal. I was expecting either a 2 year deal at like mid 2s to set his value, something like Corey Crawford's deal, or a long deal at like 4.5-5 although that didn't make sense with Luongo on for exactly the same. This is a lot for a goaltender who has never started more than 28 games in a season...it'll probably be worth it in the end but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a lot of growing pains this season.

vCash
    Yeah, like I said, I was hoping for a bit less, but I do think he is worth it. With the money flying around for goalies, I am thankful we have him locked for 3 years at this cap hit.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    On value it's a good deal, on timing it's problematic. But at least it avoided the offer sheet nightmare we were concerned about. In the linked article it says that Dreger had word that there have been offers and counter-offers between VAN and FLA on Luongo, so at least that's underway ...

vCash
    We overpaid

vCash
    Canucks are 10.5 under the cap.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Cap will go down after the new CBA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    They just announced it went up 7M.

vCash
    If the cap is for sure up, I hope we make a run at Parise. I know we probably wont get him, but it would be nice to at least try.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    With Edler and Burrows expiring next offseason and likely to have to take a contract back from any Luongo trade.

Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    Probably yes. I think they might just decrease the floor instead of decreasing the cap but its very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    They just announced it went up 7M.
    There is still a large chance it goes down when they do a new CBA. They don't just raise it willy nilly as you know. Its a percentage based on annual revenue increases that is in the CBA. They HAD to increase it 7 million.

However, to add an answer to both statements, if(when) the cap does go down, there will be a salary roll back with it, or at least a cap hit roll back. If the Cap does down 10%, so will salaries (or at least cap hits).

vCash
    I believe there's more underway with Lu than what is made known. I can see Gillis getting a deal done this weekend, dealing Lu to Florida and ridding the Canucks of that awful contract. I'm more concerned with what the Canucks will do to fill the centre spot and adding a d-man. I can see Shultz signing here too. Now, what to do with Ballard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NUCK-U View Post
    I believe there's more underway with Lu than what is made known. I can see Gillis getting a deal done this weekend, dealing Lu to Florida and ridding the Canucks of that awful contract. I'm more concerned with what the Canucks will do to fill the centre spot and adding a d-man. I can see Shultz signing here too. Now, what to do with Ballard.
    I like your check list, and I'll add one scoring winger.

vCash
    Sami Salo, Justin Schultz, Paul Gaustad, and Shane Doan... that's all i want.
    "We earned this ****ing burn. It doesn’t matter how you get from A to B. Our goal at the beginning of this ****ing season is to win a ****ing World Series, and guess what, boys, we’re going to the ****ing dance." - The Reverend Hunter Pence

#3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Well when Luongo is traded to Florida, it won't truly matter. Back to South Beach. It's been a fun ride Roberto.

Rachel Zane: You're a sneaky little boy.

vCash
    Sami Salo, Justin Schultz, Paul Gaustad, and Shane Doan... that's all i want.
    Doan is a good answer to the chronic problems this team faces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast