Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jackson wasn't his problem, he was his problem. I've been expecting this move since the season ended. He's lazy, period. Just take a look at his fat face and you have everything you need to know. Football became a priority for one season and then he relapsed to the same lazy guy he always was last season, and with his injury he just wasn't going to have it in him to put the work in to stay in shape.

Old, injured, and out of shape players get cut in Seattle. The writing was on the wall. Thanks for 2011, it was a fun year. Too bad you stopped caring.

vCash
    I doubt it Obo is a solid 3rd or 4th WR with special teams capabilities Mike Williams was pretty much just a WR didn't have any other value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Jackson wasn't his problem, he was his problem. I've been expecting this move since the season ended. He's lazy, period. Just take a look at his fat face and you have everything you need to know. Football became a priority for one season and then he relapsed to the same lazy guy he always was last season, and with his injury he just wasn't going to have it in him to put the work in to stay in shape.

Old, injured, and out of shape players get cut in Seattle. The writing was on the wall. Thanks for 2011, it was a fun year. Too bad you stopped caring.
    I agree for the most part. I disagree on behalf of T-Jack not even looking his way. Yes, he got fat. Yes, he got lazy. Yes, his route running was subpar. But it's hard to catch it when your QB doesn't even bother to see if you're wide open

Anyways, this should have been done awhile ago.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I was expecting big things from BMW. I loved the idea of having the twin towers at wide receiver. Too bad it didn't work out. Injuries as well as T Jack made him really look worse than he really is.

vCash
    I hope we're not considering having Obo and Butler as #2. I guess Obo isn't that bad, but I don't like butler anywhere but as a 3rd or 4th WR.

vCash
    Maybe he comes back cheap like Trufant.

vCash
    I'd be shocked if both Obo and Butler made the team. Pete Carroll likes his players to have something about them that is an advantage. Height, speed, explosion, power, length, hops, things like that. Butler has the speed. Obo has, well nothing special. Obo has the special teams, but we have such a fantastic group of backup DB's I wonder how important Obo would be anyway. He had some extremely costly drops last year, coaches don't forget those. I wouldn't be shocked if both were eventually let go though.

Rice
    Tate
    Baldwin
    Durham
    Lockette
    Butler
    Obomanu
    Bryant
    Tuinei
    Bates

I'd say top 5 are in. The rest will battle for one spot. Bates and Tuinei are PS candidates if they don't make the team.

vCash
    I wish Big Mike the best for wherever he goes.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    I agree for the most part. I disagree on behalf of T-Jack not even looking his way. Yes, he got fat. Yes, he got lazy. Yes, his route running was subpar. But it's hard to catch it when your QB doesn't even bother to see if you're wide open

Anyways, this should have been done awhile ago.
    Jackson looked his way. Not as much as Matt when BMW was our only guy most of the time (remember it was Williams, Obo, and Stokely 123 that year). Seemed like every contested opportunity Williams had he didn't come up with the ball. He certainly wasn't getting open much so he's got to catch those. He wasn't. I don't blame Jackson.

vCash
    Another thing is that Winslow can spread out wide in redzone situations and be that big possession guy (not that Williams was ever a redzone factor).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I'd be shocked if both Obo and Butler made the team. Pete Carroll likes his players to have something about them that is an advantage. Height, speed, explosion, power, length, hops, things like that. Butler has the speed. Obo has, well nothing special. Obo has the special teams, but we have such a fantastic group of backup DB's I wonder how important Obo would be anyway. He had some extremely costly drops last year, coaches don't forget those. I wouldn't be shocked if both were eventually let go though.

Rice
    Tate
    Baldwin
    Durham
    Lockette
    Butler
    Obomanu
    Bryant
    Tuinei
    Bates

I'd say top 5 are in. The rest will battle for one spot. Bates and Tuinei are PS candidates if they don't make the team.
    I agree. I don't really care if Obo can play special teams, honestly he's on the roster to be a WR, not a ST player.

Maybe Bryant can be a wildcard and earn a spot. I really like our WR situation.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I had a feeling BMW was gone. IMO, Kris Durham will lineup #2 opposite Rice with Baldwin in the slot.
    I GOT THIS!!!
    "THE SEPARATION IS IN THE PREPARATION"

vCash
    The injury to the ankle had little to nothing to do with his release. According to the trainers and what I could get from Carroll, Mikes weight coupled with last years performance were enough to get him released. Too many times, Mike would just quit on a route, decreasing his stats and (apparently) making it hard for Jackson to want to throw the ball in his direction. Right now, Mike is not in the shape he needs to be in to play at the NFL level.

Mike, when asked said he was not surprised by his release, and had been expecting it for some time. The Hawks made the move early enough for him to maybe catch on with another team, if his ankle heals well enough.

This now leaves big questions at the receiving position. Butler, Baldwin, Lockette and Tate are really going to have to shine if Seattle is to not become a one deminsional team. Rice will be double teamed where ever and when ever possible, so we really need a star to emerge. If we dont have one, we need to buy one.

So who's out there in Free Agency?
    http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114&f=1936&t=9144351

vCash
    Durham could be the best wide receiver on our team excluding Rice in a couple years.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Fantastic Russell Wilson interview. It's on the radio back home and he's kind of back in his comfort zone away from the NFL spotlight so you kind of get a different side of him than most of the other cookie-cutter interviews in Seattle. He gives some candid observations of the northwest, the Seahawks, and coach Carroll, and he even defends the weather.

Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast