Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Durham is taller and his 40 was faster

I'm glad we have a lot of bodies at WR that are talented. We have depth.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Durham is taller and his 40 was faster

I'm glad we have a lot of bodies at WR that are talented. We have depth.
    No matter how talented they are, we still have little to no experience at the WR position. We need a veteran IMO. T.O. anyone? Lol JK.

I definitely wouldn't count WR as a strength though. We're average at best at that position IMO.

Rice-Needs to be healthy

BMW- Fat and gone

Obo- Average

Butler- Below Average

Lockette- Talented but unproven.

Baldwin- One good season doesn't mean he'll be good this one too. Although he's smart so I doubt he'll fall off.

Durham- Talented, but unproven

That's a **** load of ???? I think. We need a veteran IMO.

vCash
    You forgot Tate, and Butler is not below average.

Bates and Tuinei also.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Isn't that by just some forum poster though? In my opinion he was cut more due to the injury he suffered he hasn't been able to practice at all.

Makes me wonder if the FO didn't think he was going to stay healthy or be able to start and WR is our deepest position.

Weight could be the issue though i did see a video on the Real Rob Report where he didn't look like he was in real good shape but i would like to see something more official before jumping to that conclusion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    From what I've heard, the Seahawks plan on waiting a year on Wilson. He had great mini camps, but he still needs to learn the playbook. If you look at recent Carroll interviews he doesn't outright say it, but he definitely makes it seem like it's down to a two man race.

I think he could definitely take it next year though. Even though he's extremely smart, and capable I think ANY QB (including RG3 and Luck) should sit a year. Get comfortable ya know? The way fans are nowadays he'll get booed out of town for one poor season. Especially this year when expectations are so high. I don't think he'll see a start all season. Tarvaris will be kept one more year at the #2, and Wilson will take control (of either the back up or starting job) next season.
    You're right, in most towns... Not Seattle though; we have the be one of the sofest sports towns in the country.

vCash
    You forgot Tate, and Butler is not below average.

Bates and Tuinei also.
    That's just an IMO. I haven't liked Butler for awhile. He's fast with subpar hands IMO. I really don't know where to put Tate. He's had spot of good things to come, but he's yet to show consistency. I just wouldn't call it a strength.

I don't know anything about Phill Bates and Tunei. They're undrafted free agents, and I don't think there's even a guarantee they'll make the team. I don't want to grade them before I see them play in the NFL.

vCash
    Actually, weird that you say consistency is a problem with Tate.

He didn't drop one ball deemed "catchable" the whole entire season in '11. Only WR in the league to do it. It is a smaller sample size (35), but Obomanu had 45 catchable balls and he dropped 8. Devin Hester had LESS (30), and dropped 4.

This wasn’t exactly the biggest surprise in the world as Tate has only dropped one ball (Week 13 versus Carolina in 2010) since entering the league. His perfect Drop Rate score just adds to our feeling (he scored a +5.2 for his receiving) that Tate’s playing time in 2012 needs to replicate the end to his 2011, and not the beginning.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I think Tate is on the brink of a major breakout season.

vCash
    I think so too.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    He's fat, lazy, old, and injured. Pete Carroll got through to him and got him to give a **** for one season. After that, Mike went back to the laziness that has followed him throughout his career. With an injury making staying in shape more difficult, you just knew he wasn't going to put in the extra effort it was going to take. We've got a bunch of guys who don't need to be babied and pushed every step of the way. Mike knew it was coming, he knew he'd gained weight and played poorly last season. In Pete Carroll's locker room either you're in or you're not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I think Tate is on the brink of a major breakout season.
    Oh hell yes. He's finally got his route running down. He's going to have a helluva year this year.

WE 3ELIEVE!

Seattle Seahawks Real Salt Lake Utah Jazz Seattle Mariners

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I wanna convince a girl to put on a Russell Wilson outfit so I can just plow her into yesterday.

vCash
    Actually, weird that you say consistency is a problem with Tate.

He didn't drop one ball deemed "catchable" the whole entire season in '11. Only WR in the league to do it. It is a smaller sample size (35), but Obomanu had 45 catchable balls and he dropped 8. Devin Hester had LESS (30), and dropped 4.
    I meant consistency in production not dropped balls. By that I mean he doesn't string together a lot of good games in a row. Maybe if he earns the #2 spot he'll show what he can really do. He didn't seem to be targeted too much last season in the first place.

vCash
    He'll be back, just not at the same salary on his contract. They pulled this for cap insurance, because why? Why the hell not? If you aren't pulling your weight, you don't get to hold any in turn...Survival of the fittest, it's a beautiful universal truth.

Good call, Pete, you crafty bastard!

"The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory." --Vince Lombardi

“He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still” - Lao Tzu

BEAST MODE!

NFC WEST CROWN IS COMING BACK TO SEA TOWN!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ztilzer31 View Post
    I meant consistency in production not dropped balls. By that I mean he doesn't string together a lot of good games in a row. Maybe if he earns the #2 spot he'll show what he can really do. He didn't seem to be targeted too much last season in the first place.
    I thought he produced a good amount for what his role was
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    I thought he produced a good amount for what his role was
    Yeah. He made plays where they counted. I'll have to look at some of last years games again when I get some time. See how his route running has progressed because he wasn't very good at the beginning of his career. Getting picked on by Sherman and Browner for a year must make you a pretty strong player/guy considering both of them like to talk a lot during practice, and they're both great corners. If he's still on the team, and still in the mix he has to of gotten better.

Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast