Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Pre-Draft FO Confidence Poll: How will we do today?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

1 2.27%
  • A

1 2.27%
  • B

17 38.64%
  • C

9 20.45%
  • D

12 27.27%
  • F

2 4.55%
  • F-

1 2.27%
  • Seriously? Lamar ****ing Odom!?

1 2.27%
Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allknowing View Post
    Sorry but you are gonna have to show me those scouting reports on Lavoy Allen cause I think you are full of you know what. I remember the reports on Lavoy as him being a hard worker, and always going out 100 % of the time. They did question his wantingness to try and score more often. Saying that Allen showed alot of good offensive post moves, but was more inclined to wanna pass the ball to his teammates. Which explains why Allen was one of the best passing Bigs to come out in the last 25 years. But there were never any reports questioning Lavoy Allen's desire or effort.

Sorry but I call " BS " on your Lavoy claim.
    Inaccurate. The knock on Lavoy was lack of motivation. In fact, it was evident early on in the season.
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    If Drummond falls down you do everything in your power to move up to get him...
    If he falls to 7-9, we get him easily. I think it'd be great if we got him at 7 with Wright + Biedrins' expiring. I wouldn't part with our 15th though to get him..

vCash
    If we pick PJ3 and there is opportunity to move up later in the first round would anyone else be for picking Fab Melo? Personally I'm hoping for this case.

Of course there would have other moves but the idea would be:
    Jrue
    ET
    PJ3
    ????
    Melo
    Bench of: Thad, Lavoy, FA Gaurd

I think that would be a nice starting 5 that's young and can grow together fast. Even if we keep Iggy and pick up a sold PF in FA to replace EB it would be nice. I wouldn't mind either case. Other lineup could be:
    Jrue
    ET
    Iggy
    ???
    Melo
    Bench of: Lavoy, Crawford, PJ3.
    Last edited by warfelg; 06-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Is PJ3 a better 3 than Austin Daye? I don't think so.
    Will he be a better 4 than Brendan Wright? Again, I don't think so.

AND those are pretty low bars.

Really scared of a 6'11 college under-achiever that has nothing to prove and thinks of himself as a 3.
    Last edited by MylesKong; 06-28-2012 at 04:32 PM.

vCash
    Hello everyone it has been awhile since I have posted, I have been following all of the threads actively.

1. This is the best offseason to trade iggy, he has the most value, his contract is costly but his defense and point forward ability is excellent. The warriors offer of the 7th pick plus a bad contract is nice if we can get a player like Drummond or Barnes. Unfortunately like most of you all know GS will not give us that pick if Barnes is there.

2. The raptors is nice as well and A kings trade would be nice as long as the sixers keep their own pick.

3. For everyone who was discussing Lamb VS. Rivers both can become excellent players. Rivers needs the ball in his hands but his cocky swagger and mentality is good for him because it could help keep him determined when he is welcomed to the NBA. Lamb could become an excellent defender, guarding 2 guards and stroking the long ball but he needs to stop being scared of driving to the hole.

4. I never understood why we gave thad such a big contract but now we should shop him around and see what we can get. I read the warriors fans liked a deal sending the 7th plus andris b for thad and the 15th. That deal could potentially help us if we dealt iggy to the Kings or Raps.

5. Do not amnesty Elton Brand, no matter what happens tonight

6. What do you guys think of thads value, I also am excited about the draft but know the Sixers FO screws everything up.

vCash

brandan wright has been above average (by measure of PER, which should probably underrate him relative to his actual impact, and also WS/48) every year he's been in the league. and he kind of had a hell of a year this year. 15 points per 36 minutes, on 62% shooting from the field, with 8 rebounds and 3 blocks. not great, but if he was a sixer, people here would love him. he's basically a good anthony randolph.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MylesKong View Post
    Is PJ3 a better 3 than Austin Daye? I don't think so.

Really scared of a 6'11 college under-achiever that has nothing to prove and thinks of himself as a 3.
    PJ3 average more than 15 ppg when he hit a three, along with 7 boards and 3 assists.

When he doesn't hit a three hes averages 6 ppg, 2rpg, 0 apg.

Just saying...getting him out there might be easier as a 3.

Also want to point out KD is 6'10" as a SF. Height doesn't really have much to do with optimal position. It's how your skills translate. And before you bring up that I'm comparing the two I'm not. Just saying as far as body type they are similar.

vCash
    Playing with Kidd and opposite Dirk helps, no?

Hahaha, he's playing 19 minutes per game. Nice try! 7 pts, 4 rebs and a block. Hahaha...you almost had me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    PJ3 average more than 15 ppg when he hit a three, along with 7 boards and 3 assists.

When he doesn't hit a three hes averages 6 ppg, 2rpg, 0 apg.

Just saying...getting him out there might be easier as a 3.

Also want to point out KD is 6'10" as a SF. Height doesn't really have much to do with optimal position. It's how your skills translate. And before you bring up that I'm comparing the two I'm not. Just saying as far as body type they are similar.
    Oh was Jones able to play the 2 at Baylor and excel? Concensus National Player of the Year? Cuz I didn't know.

Your 3s stat is much more of a red-flag. Allergic to the paint nearly 7-foot dudes disgust me.

vCash
    Oh was Jones able to play the 2 at Baylor and excel? Concensus National Player of the Year? Cuz I didn't know.
    Awesome....typical poster on this board arguing a point I admitted I wasn't trying to make.

This is why as a collective group this Sixers board is sucktastic to me. All I was trying to point out is statistically he's better when he plays in space. And he has the same BODY TYPE as Durant. That has nothing to do with saying hes the greatest thing ever.

Personally I think he cam make the change to the 3 better than when we tried to do it with Thad. I think most teams that would pick him would try to use him like we do Thad, a quicker smaller PF used to exploit mismatches. If we pick PJ3 and don't trade Thad or both Thad and Iggy it's a mistake.

I just don't think it's a total waste of a pick if we do get him.

vCash
    You said "skills translate" too. Maybe you should have omitted that part.

Durant doesn't have the body type of Jones either. He was waaaaay skinny coming out.

Its also typical of the uninformed poster to focus on how I respond than what I say in the response. There are several players that have very similar body types as Jones that you could have mentioned. They mostly suck though. And none are good 3s.

Now tell me how you can't talk to me because I make too much sense. That's pretty typical too.

vCash
    Well the Drummond dream may be all but dead, seeing how the Rockets seem poised to grab him.

I really just hope we make some noise. C'mon FO! Do something!

It will be nice when this is all over haha.

vCash
    What Rockets do? thought they had 3 picks in the teens still. And the Lowry deal was dead. I didn't understand it since they have all those guards including Thomas.

vCash
    You said "skills translate" too. Maybe you should have omitted that part.

Durant doesn't have the body type of Jones either. He was waaaaay skinny coming out.

Its also typical of the uninformed poster to focus on how I respond than what I say in the response. There are several players that have very similar body types as Jones that you could have mentioned. They mostly suck though. And none are good 3s.

Now tell me how you can't talk to me because I make too much sense. That's pretty typical too.
    Yes I said skills translate because he plays well in space. Normally something tied to 3's are their ability to 'play well in space'.

As for body type:
    6'11" 235
    6'10" 234

Can you tell me which one is which without looking it up?

And I'll give you other players with similar body types who had some good careers: Rashard Lewis, Lamar Odom, heck even throw KG in that mix.

To be honest I really don't care about this whole argument/discussion. I don't like PJ3 but if he's the best on the board when we pick and take him then so be it. That's just the way it is. I just think he can play two different spots effectively enough that it could work.

Personally I'm hoping to package something up to get Henson from UNC and have a very solid PF for years to come.

That and move up late to get Fab Melo. I say book it he'll be a solid productive just sub all star for years. Better than Drummond. I'll take the heat in 3-5 years if I'm wrong. But I don't think I will be.

vCash
    Whats up guys? Here's my thoughts all in 1 since I haven't been around for much of the draft talk...

Alright so if the rumors about us wanting to trade up to grab Terrence Ross then don't you think we should do the same if someone like Austin Rivers drops to around 9-10? He's the shooter/scorer that we need..

If we stay at 15 I think we're going to end up with Terrence Jones, which I'm fine with but there's nothing special about him.. I want no part of Meyers Leonard and PJ3 worries me if he really does have those knee concerns..

I still think we can trade up, but knowing the Sixers they will disappoint me and many of you as usual. What happened to the aggressive Rod Thorn that ran those really good Nets teams?

One last thing to mention, I think Thomas Robinson is a beast and could potentially have a better impact then Anthony Davis.. if he somehow slips to 5, we better be on the phones with the Kings..

Page 7 of 71 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast