Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Pre-Draft FO Confidence Poll: How will we do today?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

    1 2.27%
  • A

    1 2.27%
  • B

    17 38.64%
  • C

    9 20.45%
  • D

    12 27.27%
  • F

    2 4.55%
  • F-

    1 2.27%
  • Seriously? Lamar ****ing Odom!?

    1 2.27%
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1057
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    971
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    PJ III has a low motor. Big men with low motors almost always fizzle out. He doesn't have to have a Kenneth Faried or KG motor, but even if he played as hard as say Elton Brand he'd be a superstar in the NBA. It's a shame all that talent is going to go to waste because he won't want it enough when he gets to the league
    The same knock was on Allen last year and Doug proved to be the motivator he needed. With PJ3's talent I don't see how we can afford to pass on that pick. If Collins can get him to reach 1/2 of his potential thats a good/if not borderline all-star...

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,488
    vCash
    1500
    I don't mind trading up 1 or 2 picks for Ross. I think he has a lot of talent and a great combination of shooting, athleticism, and size.

    I'm still hoping we make another move in the first round for a big, but I'm not expecting it. It will probably end up being another mediocre draft.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    158
    vCash
    1500
    Draft day Baby!!

    It's like the closer you get the more rumors start to circulate. Been hearing about the 7th pick, 8th pick and now trade rumors with Lakers about Bynum not Gasol. Reporting offers to the Bobcats about the second pick. I mean I just can't wait to see what actually goes down though. Should get real interesting because so many teams are trying to move players. Pop the champaign it should get interesting.


  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,680
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    PJ III has a low motor. Big men with low motors almost always fizzle out. He doesn't have to have a Kenneth Faried or KG motor, but even if he played as hard as say Elton Brand he'd be a superstar in the NBA. It's a shame all that talent is going to go to waste because he won't want it enough when he gets to the league
    But if he slid into the 20s, I dont see how he isnt worth the risk at that point. Honestly, once you get into the mid teens you normally arent getting premium talent and in the 20s you are just hoping to get a contributor. PJ3 is a bargain at that point, especially if he goes to a team that has a good atmosphere and a coach who can push his buttons. Plus at 20 years of age, you can always have hope that something will click as he ages.

    I am not a big PJ3 fan either, but all of this has to be taken into consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    158
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    The same knock was on Allen last year and Doug proved to be the motivator he needed. With PJ3's talent I don't see how we can afford to pass on that pick. If Collins can get him to reach 1/2 of his potential thats a good/if not borderline all-star...
    The report ESPN is running is that he has a knee scare that may require medical attention. They believe that's one of the reasons he has fell so far. He is a TOP 10 talent for sure but now questions about his motor, inconsistent play and health issues are a big risk.

    At the same time you are picking at 15 and wanting to add talent, they might make that call.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    158
    vCash
    1500
    KNOWLEDGE.

    I'm loving the whole Dipset movement you got going with Spencer Hawes.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raised in Mt. Airy
    Posts
    30,021
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    The same knock was on Allen last year and Doug proved to be the motivator he needed. With PJ3's talent I don't see how we can afford to pass on that pick. If Collins can get him to reach 1/2 of his potential thats a good/if not borderline all-star...
    Yeah, but Lavoy was the next to last pick with essentially no expectations. Anything you got from Lavoy was a positive. If he fizzled, oh well we didn't expect anything. Perry would be facing a totally different monster. With Elton more than likely amnestied, he'd be seeing a lot of minutes, as our 1st rounder. Hopefully Collins could motivate him too, but the situations are different.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knowledge View Post
    But if he slid into the 20s, I dont see how he isnt worth the risk at that point. Honestly, once you get into the mid teens you normally arent getting premium talent and in the 20s you are just hoping to get a contributor. PJ3 is a bargain at that point, especially if he goes to a team that has a good atmosphere and a coach who can push his buttons. Plus at 20 years of age, you can always have hope that something will click as he ages.

    I am not a big PJ3 fan either, but all of this has to be taken into consideration.
    Yeah definitely. You don't expect a premier player at 15. A role player is normally what you're going to get. Looking at past history Kawhi Leonard, Larry Sanders, Austin Daye, Robin Lopez, Rodney Stuckey, Cedric Simmons, Antonine Wright, were the last 7 #15 picks. That should tell it all

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,366
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Yeah definitely. You don't expect a premier player at 15. A role player is normally what you're going to get. Looking at past history Kawhi Leonard, Larry Sanders, Austin Daye, Robin Lopez, Rodney Stuckey, Cedric Simmons, Antonine Wright, were the last 7 #15 picks. That should tell it all
    Leonard and Stuckey are pretty solid. Lopez is a hustler; I wouldn't mind him coming off the bench.

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    971
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixerlover View Post
    Yeah, but Lavoy was the next to last pick with essentially no expectations. Anything you got from Lavoy was a positive. If he fizzled, oh well we didn't expect anything. Perry would be facing a totally different monster. With Elton more than likely amnestied, he'd be seeing a lot of minutes, as our 1st rounder. Hopefully Collins could motivate him too, but the situations are different.



    Yeah definitely. You don't expect a premier player at 15. A role player is normally what you're going to get. Looking at past history Kawhi Leonard, Larry Sanders, Austin Daye, Robin Lopez, Rodney Stuckey, Cedric Simmons, Antonine Wright, were the last 7 #15 picks. That should tell it all
    Agreed different scenario still same coach. If there is a player that needs to be reassured and cared about its PJ3, I remember an article about him a couple months ago on ESPN that he has a lot going on in his life and yet has always been there and stayed loyal to those that were with him. In a good way not in an AI way.

    While Doug is tough on his players he is also in many ways a father figure to these guys, we saw it this year they get how much he cares about them and the team. And like you state you aren't getting premier talent at 15. You are in risk/reward territory. Thats the risk we need not these safe picks we have been taking in the last couple of years.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Poconos
    Posts
    10,667
    vCash
    1500
    Going to be a fun day guys...

    heres to hoping we get someone that pans out like Jrue has for us so far.

    Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Land of Greatness, PA
    Posts
    405
    vCash
    1500

    T.Ross #1 on draft board

    According to Chad ford on mike and mike and espn insider...the 76ers are trying to move up to select the 6'7 shooting guard from Washington Terrance Ross. His draft stock has been flying since the combine and all his workouts and interviews....and you know what I would love the pick...and hopefully they could get back into the firsf round and select a big



    IT IS WHAT IT IS


    dont test my KNOWLEDGE

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    9,850
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bdiddy3883 View Post
    According to Chad ford on mike and mike and espn insider...the 76ers are trying to move up to select the 6'7 shooting guard from Washington Terrance Ross. His draft stock has been flying since the combine and all his workouts and interviews....and you know what I would love the pick...and hopefully they could get back into the firsf round and select a big
    Following up on that, here is there alleged big board, according to Insider:

    Sixers' Big Board:

    1. Terrence Ross
    2. Jeremy Lamb
    3. Arnett Moultrie
    4. Perry Jones
    5. Terrence Jones

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,161
    vCash
    1500
    Following up on that, here is there alleged big board, according to Insider:

    Sixers' Big Board:

    1. Terrence Ross
    2. Jeremy Lamb
    3. Arnett Moultrie
    4. Perry Jones
    5. Terrence Jones
    my personal top 5 seems pretty set at this:
    lamb
    sullinger
    ross
    henson
    terrence jones

    the scoring potential of both lamb and sullinger put them at the top of my wishlist, with lamb getting the nod over sullinger due to his advantage in athleticism relative to position. i'd be quite happy with either, and fairly ecstatic with both.

    ross is third because of his plug and play ability on the wing, but he also gets dinged a bit because of his lack of ballhandling skills.

    henson gets a nod because of his gargantuan length

    and with terrence jones, i'm actually a bigger fan of him than both ross and henson, but i think ross's position is more valuable, and i think henson's upside as a true defensive anchor is more valuable than jones's package of great athleticism, great defense, and solid offensive skills.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,912
    vCash
    1500
    Whoever would be fine with Leonard does not want to see this team win..I'm tired of these soft boys!!!!! We need to continue to build upon our tougness!!!!!!
    Big ups to Phins1983 for the Sig!!!


  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,331
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CinnPirate View Post
    The same knock was on Allen last year and Doug proved to be the motivator he needed. With PJ3's talent I don't see how we can afford to pass on that pick. If Collins can get him to reach 1/2 of his potential thats a good/if not borderline all-star...




    Sorry but you are gonna have to show me those scouting reports on Lavoy Allen cause I think you are full of you know what. I remember the reports on Lavoy as him being a hard worker, and always going out 100 % of the time. They did question his wantingness to try and score more often. Saying that Allen showed alot of good offensive post moves, but was more inclined to wanna pass the ball to his teammates. Which explains why Allen was one of the best passing Bigs to come out in the last 25 years. But there were never any reports questioning Lavoy Allen's desire or effort.


    Sorry but I call " BS " on your Lavoy claim.

Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •