Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Pre-Draft FO Confidence Poll: How will we do today?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

1 2.27%
  • A

1 2.27%
  • B

17 38.64%
  • C

9 20.45%
  • D

12 27.27%
  • F

2 4.55%
  • F-

1 2.27%
  • Seriously? Lamar ****ing Odom!?

1 2.27%
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JPS View Post
    CSN saying they had Myers Leonard in for a second meeting. God this seems like last year. I pray we dont take leonard
    Im not an NBA Scout, but honestly I don't think most people on PSD are either so I will give my two cents. Leonard is a true 7 footer who can definitely put on good weight. I didn't see alot of his games, BUT he was miles apart athletically from the group of big men that worked out at the combine. Moved on the floor like he was 6-7 not 7-1. He would be a project for the Sixers, but it seems most big men out of college at the Center position seem to be anyway. I think he would be a good pick considering what will be available at 15.
    Last edited by PDT4LIFE; 06-28-2012 at 09:08 AM.

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    I'm sorry, I thought they were talking about the other Lamb kid....from Kentucky.

vCash
    I hate the idea of Moultrie!!! Speights 2.0
    what the hell does that even mean?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    what the hell does that even mean?

It means that Moultrie, like Speights has never met a shot he didn't wanna take. And he passes even LESS then Speights did in college. Yes Moultrie is a good offensive player and rebounder. But he seems to shy away from contact. And he is a ZERO on the defensive end. His own Head Coach even recently said that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by allknowing View Post
    I'm sorry, I thought they were talking about the other Lamb kid....from Kentucky.
    I wonder if we can get him in the 2nd rd? Hes a good shooter

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    I wonder if we can get him in the 2nd rd? Hes a good shooter

No way at 45. But I also like Kevin Murphy alot. He should be there for our later 2nd rounder.

vCash
    So last night I had a dream/vision.

All the talk is at 15 we want a big man. I don't think there would be many impact bigs left at that point. Instead we took PJ3 with the intent of playing him at the 3. Then we traded Iggy to LAL for Gasol. As the first round started to come to a close with the last few picks we traded both our second rounders and Sam Young or some other late bench player (Vuc or even cash) for the pick and took Fab Melo. Coming out of the draft we were left with:
    Jrue
    Turner
    PJ3
    Gasol
    Melo

Thats a starting 5 I would be happy with after the draft and before free agency.
    Coulson Lives

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE View Post
    Per Twitter - If Anthony Davis falls to 15, the Sixers are going to take him.
    Classic...lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PDT4LIFE:22691578
    CSN saying they had Myers Leonard in for a second meeting. God this seems like last year. I pray we dont take leonard
    Im not an NBA Scout, but honestly I don't think most people on PSD are either so I will give my two cents. Leonard is a true 7 footer who can definitely put on good weight. I didn't see alot of his games, BUT he was miles apart athletically from the group of big men that worked out at the combine. Moved on the floor like he was 6-7 not 7-1. He would be a project for the Sixers, but it seems most big men out of college at the Center position seem to be anyway. I think he would be a good pick considering what will be available at 15.
    I am sorry and dont get mad chydro, but white bigs scare me. I would rather not take another one.

vCash
    My thoughts on Perry Jones III are similar to what Charles Barkley said back in the day about Stromile Swift. "He runs and jumps like a deer, but I wouldn't put a deer in a basketball game."

Trading up for Ross seems pointless, he will likely be there around 15 and I would like him in that spot. I would also like Jeremy Lamb, I don't know what you guys are talking about calling him a reach there. I really liked him in his freshman year playing off Kemba Walker I just think he was used poorly this past season.

I don't know much about Moultrie so I can't comment on him. Seems like a reach at 15 though. I like Jones at 15 but I can't see him being there.

vCash
    Holy poor analysis, Batman. Don't draft a big man because he's white. Rik Smits, Kevin Mchale, Sabonis (who spent his best years overseas), and Dirk all say, "Great idea!"

Now if you don't want to draft Meyers Leonard, because his measureables don't match his play, or because he's not very physical, then I am in complete agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    I am sorry and dont get mad chydro, but white bigs scare me. I would rather not take another one.
    Leonard is not your standard white stiff. He is strong and athletic, the only comparison to Spencer Hawes is the skin color.

vCash
    Leonard alone would piss me off... Leonard with a trade for a proven vet, solid wing shooter, or PJIII I can MAYBE live with.

Since Leonard will most likely be our pick at 15, what other moves/draft picks would the Sixers have to make to make you not wanna kill yourself??

For example: Leonard at 15, Ross/Rivers at 8 (traded Iggy for 8, Davis, Calderon) or Leonard at 15, Moultrie at 20-something (via trade for cash/2nd round picks)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJruth View Post
    Leonard is not your standard white stiff. He is strong and athletic, the only comparison to Spencer Hawes is the skin color.
    While his reason stated for not drafting Leonard isn't too terribly bright, I do think there is a legitimate comparison to Spencer Hawes. Leonard looked much more impressive to me playing in space or passing out of the high post than he did when things got physical in tight quarters.....even if he does have better measureables than Hawes.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    UPDATE [8:43 EST]: Chad Ford says the Sixers are trying to trade up for Terrence Ross, and their Big Board is as follows: 1) Terrence Ross 2) Jeremy Lamb 3) Arnett Moultrie 4) Perry Jones III 5) Terrence Jones

per libertyballers
    Shoot me now.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast