Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Pre-Draft FO Confidence Poll: How will we do today?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

1 2.27%
  • A

1 2.27%
  • B

17 38.64%
  • C

9 20.45%
  • D

12 27.27%
  • F

2 4.55%
  • F-

1 2.27%
  • Seriously? Lamar ****ing Odom!?

1 2.27%
Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I am really hoping for an Iggy trade to Toronto tonight. It's looking as if Steve Nash signing with the Raptors is picking up steam so it would make sense that they are trying to add proven veteran players, not rookies. If we could get out of this draft minus Iguodala and plus Terrence Ross, PJIII/Terrence Jones, Ed Davis, Jose Calderon, two other rookies/one if we use our two 2nds to move up, I would be very pleased.

vCash

Official 2012 Draft Day and Post-Draft Thread

The raptors love being soft and not playing defense...

Ie, picking up nash and taking biendrins number 1.....

Iggy doesnt fit with that, maybe they think he and valenciunas can change the culture all by themselves

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Great job with the thread bholly. Haha, I remember last year we were all freaking out about Lamar Odom and Metta World Peace. Good times...

DON'T POST THE PICKS EARLY FROM TWITTER. Good call there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII View Post
    Shoot me now.
    Wow. I realize in reality we should doubt that Chadd Ford magically knows the Sixers official draft board......however why do I 100% believe that list to be accurate. The Sixers want scoring and shooting and they want a Big who can make an impact in the trenches or protecting the rim. The Bigs who can do that will be gone by our pick, so I can see why they might be thinking offensive shooter or playmaker with the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post

Ie, picking up nash and taking biendrins number 1.....

Iggy doesnt fit with that, maybe they think he and valenciunas can change the culture all by themselves
    Or they could be thinking, we are a franchise in Toronto, eh (pronounced AY in Canada)? The 2nd round of the playoffs sounds just dandy to them. Does this mean the Sixers would do it, or that the Raptors would like whoever is available at 15 enough to do it? I dunno, it's possible but I doubt it.

This does sound like the most likely Iggy trade if one happens. I just doubt Toronto does it without the 15th pick included. At that point, I honestly don't know if it's worth it for us....depends on who is on the board at 15.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyPrior View Post
    When you go out of the way just to hate...no one takes you seriously.

vCash

Perry Jones may have knee issue

It looks like Jared Sullinger isn't the only big time NBA draft prospect to have medical issues hurt his stock.

Multiple league sources say that NBA team doctors are concerned about a meniscus issue in Baylor forward Perry Jones III's knee.

While opinions vary among NBA doctors on the ramifications of the issue, some teams feel that the knee could be an issue down the road and at some point in the future require surgery. Not all teams have the same degree of alarm, but the concerns have caused Jones' stock to slide from the mid-to-late lottery portion of the draft down into the late teens and early 20s of the round.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...gs-sources-say

Im not in favor of drafting PJ3 as I see him as one of the guys mostly likely to bust a la Joe Alexander, but I know some here are high on him. If he slide to the 20s and we bought a pick to get him there I would be cool with that. Not saying we will, but he is a bargain at that point just like Sullinger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash

The sixers were looking to buy a 20s pick, or so i read.... Pj3 could be the guy

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash

Ie, picking up nash and taking Bargnani number 1.....

Fixed.

The Raptors have said that Valenciunas is essentially a rookie once he gets here, so they would rather use #8 to bring in a vet presence.

Nash/Bayless/Uzoh
    Derozan/Anderson
    Iggy/Forbes
    Bargs/Johnson
    Vale/Gray

That's pretty good imo. At least 7th/8th seed.

vCash

Nash would prob up derozen and iggys fg%

yeah, thats not a ba roster... As long as valenciunas is as good as they think he is... If val isnt a top 10 center right away, i dont love that lineup

gotta pay the troll toll

vCash
    Trade iggy to the raptors get. The 8th pick n ed davis. Draft drummomd at 8. Take terrance jones or pj3 at 15.

vCash
    Also Im definitely not in favor of trading up for T-Ross. He is good value at 15, but if we trade up their are a few guys I would take ahead of him. We should be looking at difference makers if we trade up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    I can only hope we go with an athletic rebounding big man and not a jumpshooting one.

vCash
    The sixers were looking to buy a 20s pick, or so i read.... Pj3 could be the guy
    I heard about them trying to buy OKC's 28th, but not an early 20s pick? I dont think PJ3 drops to 28.
    Kyle Kendrick sucks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    I can only hope we go with an athletic rebounding big man and not a jumpshooting one.

So, you are hoping for Duke Center, Pumlee ? They don't get any more Athletic, and better rebounders then him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptar View Post
    Then you may want to hope Leonard falls to 15. Athletic true 7 footer who can rebound and block a shot or two. Needs alot of work offensively, but has the potential to put on fifteen to twenty lbs of muscle over the next few years with a good work ethic. That can only help if he can develop a low post game. If he gets a spray tan and people look at his potential, some other posters may change their minds about him...

1980 & 2008 World Series Champs

vCash
    PJ III has a low motor. Big men with low motors almost always fizzle out. He doesn't have to have a Kenneth Faried or KG motor, but even if he played as hard as say Elton Brand he'd be a superstar in the NBA. It's a shame all that talent is going to go to waste because he won't want it enough when he gets to the league

Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast