Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Pavel Bure to be inducted into Hockey Hall of Fame

Congrats to Pavel! I guess enough time has passed. Even I wish him well even though for years I thought of him as the Vince Carter of the Canucks. He deserves the recognition.

TORONTO Former Vancouver Canucks star Pavel Bure, Swedish icon Mats Sundin and Canadians Joe Sakic and Adam Oates were elected to the Hockey Hall of Fame on Tuesday in voting by the selection committee.

The four former NHL legends will be inducted into the sporting shrine on Nov. 12 in a ceremony at the Hall of Fame in Toronto.

Bure joined the Vancouver Canucks in 1991 and won NHL Rookie of the Year honors. The six-time NHL All-Star won the league scoring title in 2000 and 2001 while with Florida and finished his career with the New York Rangers in 2003.

"It's a tremendous honour to be selected," Bure said. "Growing up I never even thought I would be able to play in the NHL, much less make it into the Hockey Hall of Fame."
    http://www.theprovince.com/sports/ho...593/story.html

vCash
    Next up: Ring of Honor.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    I am very happy for Pavel! I love that man even if he shafted us.
    TAKE PRIDE

vCash
    He could probably still play in our top 6.

vCash
    Good for you guys for being able to appreciate the good even with the bad blood that ended between the Canucks and Bure.

One of my favourite players to watch

vCash
    I prob would have left as well if my team chose messier over Gretzky. Bure was the best goal scorer of my generation and is one of the most under appreciated players ever.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I prob would have left as well if my team chose messier over Gretzky. Bure was the best goal scorer of my generation and is one of the most under appreciated players ever.
    Was that really possible? I thought Gretzky nixed that. But yeah that time was a disaster especially after all the promise of the 1994 cup run.

vCash
    Here's a question for everyone:

Do you think Bure will go into the Hall wearing Canucks or Panthers colours? He also has some real problems with Vancouver and I'm not sure he's ever been back here since being traded.