Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 131
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wicker Park
    Posts
    27,670
    vCash
    1500

    Magic Dust Part II: Return of the Dust

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=337240

    and the recipe

    1/2 cup paprika
    1/4 cup kosher salt, finely ground
    1/4 cup sugar
    2 tablespoons mustard powder
    1/4 cup chili powder
    1/4 cup ground cumin
    2 tablespoons ground black pepper
    1/4 cup granulated garlic
    2 tablespoons cayenne

    To make it a little more hot and spicy, increase the mustard powder and black pepper to 1/4 cup each




    ALSO

    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Since its so difficult to stay organized in the cluttered GD, we can keep a list of our food threads in here with links. Feel free to post in these and create your own. Lets not let the clutteredness of GD keep us from our food discussions

    Magic Dust II
    Favorite BBQ/Grill Food
    Favorite Italian Food
    General Recipe Thread
    Last edited by HOWE do i do it; 06-26-2012 at 08:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,472
    vCash
    1500
    Can you get us a food forum please
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wicker Park
    Posts
    27,670
    vCash
    1500
    i wish

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,894
    vCash
    1500
    4th of July is the official Dust Day!

    So soon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,472
    vCash
    1500
    Dusty Italian Mac N Cheese: http://i.imgur.com/RPrax.jpg

    -The cheese sauce was made with Cheddar, Pecorino Romano, and Mascarpone
    -There was a boatload of dusted pancetta (italian bacon)
    -The pasta was orecchiette, my personal favorite. Worked well in capturing the cheese sauce.
    -There was a healthy amount of diced garlic as well as some onion, red pepper, and parsley. The garlic and onion were dusted while they were browned
    -The panko breadcrumbs were moistened with a dusty butter (literally dust and butter) before set on top of the dish to be baked to crispyness (like crumbly dusty grilled cheese type bread crumbs on top)
    -Prior to setting the bread crumbs top I added a healthy amount of dust to the mixture of orecchiette, cheese, garlic, onion, pepper, and parsley.

    Yes, as you can imagine, it was phenomenal. So fattening and filling. I might have the biggest appetite on this entire website (during the summer I eat about 5000-6000 calories a day to maintain weight), and I could only eat one bowl of this. So delicious.
    Last edited by .Sean.; 06-26-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    37,894
    vCash
    1500
    Weird, but last thing I dusted were some roasted peanuts.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    36,414
    vCash
    2267
    Dust

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Earfffff
    Posts
    33,399
    vCash
    1500
    Dust forum now!
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    70,308
    vCash
    500
    Dust has created
    1/2 of the posts of the Royals forum
    Over 1/2 of the NBA stats forum
    1/8th of the Grizzlies forum
    1/12th of the wizards forum
    1/5th of the Arizona Cardinals forum
    1/6th of the bengals
    1/2 of the NFL HOF
    1/3 of the Canadian Football forum
    10x of the Arena Football forum
    1/7th of the ACC Football forum
    2x of the Big East football forum
    1/4th of the Big 10 football forum
    2x of the Big 12 football forum
    1/2 of the pack 12
    1/2 of the SEC
    3x of the Ducks forum
    1/2 of the Sabres
    2x of the Flames
    5x of the Hurricanes
    1/3 of the aves
    2x of the blue jackets
    3x of the stars
    2x of the oilers
    1/2 of the panthers
    1/2 of the kings
    1/3 of the wild
    1/4 of the canadiens
    2x of the Senators
    3x of the Coyotes
    Almost as many of the blues, lightning, jets, and sharks
    1/4 of the tennis
    1/2 of the golf
    As many as the poker
    All because of one magical thing imagine the possibilities of a food forum?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,126
    vCash
    1750
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Dusty Italian Mac N Cheese: http://i.imgur.com/RPrax.jpg

    -The cheese sauce was made with Cheddar, Pecorino Romano, and Mascarpone
    -There was a boatload of dusted pancetta (italian bacon)
    -The pasta was orecchiette, my personal favorite. Worked well in capturing the cheese sauce.
    -There was a healthy amount of diced garlic as well as some onion, red pepper, and parsley. The garlic and onion were dusted while they were browned
    -The panko breadcrumbs were moistened with a dusty butter (literally dust and butter) before set on top of the dish to be baked to crispyness (like crumbly dusty grilled cheese type bread crumbs on top)
    -Prior to setting the bread crumbs top I added a healthy amount of dust to the mixture of orecchiette, cheese, garlic, onion, pepper, and parsley.

    Yes, as you can imagine, it was phenomenal. So fattening and filling. I might have the biggest appetite on this entire website (during the summer I eat about 5000-6000 calories a day to maintain weight), and I could only eat one bowl of this. So delicious.
    what is this dust and where do you order it from?
    Future Ace

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wicker Park
    Posts
    27,670
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IllWill21 View Post
    what is this dust and where do you order it from?
    just make it. check the first post

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,710
    vCash
    500
    I just put it on some boiled broccoli, not sure what compelled me to do it but it ended up tasting even better than broccoli usually does. Love this stuff, it's not quite as do it all as everyone here says but when it works with something it sure does work.




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Guelph
    Posts
    888
    vCash
    1500
    Got a question here, is there any difference between making it and buying it? Thanks.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wicker Park
    Posts
    27,670
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nicegoing View Post
    Got a question here, is there any difference between making it and buying it? Thanks.
    According to Sean, and me to an extent, the purchased version is a bit different and better. Both are amazing, however.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MSG
    Posts
    2,929
    vCash
    1500
    Gonna try to make the dust soon. I really wanna try it after hearing all you guys talk about how good it is. It's available to buy online too, isn't it?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •