Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot Sauce

vCash

Hot Sauce

Inspired by the fact that there are 11 bottles of hot sauce (only 2 of which are duplicates, 9 different) in my cabinet+fridge right now, what are your favorite hot sauces and what are your favorite uses for each.

I'm always up for trying new ones.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    We've had a few threads:
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ighlight=sauce
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ighlight=sauce

...but **** it, I love me some hot sauce.

I am obsessed with hot sauce. There's never fewer than 5 options in my kitchen and often as many as 20. I think each one has it's own good uses.

That one I posted in the other thread is one I highly recommend: http://www.hotsaucecatalog.com/mount...ero-hot-sauce/

I love anything with a smokiness. The roasted flavor mellows the habaneros just a little bit so there's a great balance of heat and flavor.

Sometimes I'll try the extreme stuff (Ghost Pepper/scotch bonnet stuff, Blair's sauces or one called "You Can't Handle This Hot Sauce") for fun, but really I need a good flavor so it doesn't destroy what I'm eating.

There's one called "Kick Yo ***" (asterisks = donkey) hot sauce that's kinda good.

Love this one as well: http://www.hotlickssauces.com/index....t_detail&p=533

And after all the ones I've tried the one I'm really into lately is actually Trader Joe's Jalapeno Hot Sauce. They have a habanero one which is....ok, but it's really just heat and no flavor. The jalapeno one is hotter than most jalapeno based sauces I've had. Couldn't believe it was a jalapeno sauce. Also just has a great flavor and texture.

I do still keep around some of the generic stuff:
    Tabasco - Mainly for popcorn and egg dishes. Better match for those than anything else.
    Cholula - For guests. I use it in a pinch, but its not hot enough for me. The garlic flavored one is great for frenchfries though.
    Sriracha - Stir fry, Asian dishes. Been using it more often lately
    Franks - Don't even consider it a hot sauce, more tangy, but has some good uses.

vCash
    My staples are Sriracha, Smoked Chipotle Tabasco, Cholula, and some **** called Tennessee Sunshine.

I forget if this is exactly the name, but it's something like Special Aardvark Habanero - it's so freaking good.

NFC North: Leading the League in Stupid.

vCash
    Ahhh, Secret Aardvark it is - http://www.secretaardvark.com/products/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by db75 View Post
    My staples are Sriracha, Smoked Chipotle Tabasco, Cholula, and some **** called Tennessee Sunshine.

I forget if this is exactly the name, but it's something like Special Aardvark Habanero - it's so freaking good.
    Is it this: http://www.secretaardvark.com/ ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yessir. The original/habanero hot sauce is pretty damn tasty.

vCash
    I like Tobasco. I have had 9-10 other random hot sauces in the fridge but I mainly use Tobasco hot sauce. I literally put it on everything.

vCash

Hot Sauce

I havent tried to many you can buy in the store. Ill try whatever they have in restaurants. Its franks red hot country up here, im not a huge fan. Honestly, i love tabasco

vCash
    I am one that thinks that if it does not make you sweat it is not good. I am strange though. I like dave's ghost pepper sauce. Not the hottest but probably the best flavor in my opinion. I want to try this stuff called Irazu's volcanic sauce sometime.

vCash
    i pretty much always have some combo of:

sriracha
    cholula
    frank's
    louisiana
    tobasco (and/or tobasco green)
    my dad's homemade batch of hot sauce (varies from batch to batch and season to season)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by db75 View Post

If I could hook an IV line up with this ****.
    #NoSig2015

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    That one I posted in the other thread is one I highly recommend: http://www.hotsaucecatalog.com/mount...ero-hot-sauce/

I love anything with a smokiness. The roasted flavor mellows the habaneros just a little bit so there's a great balance of heat and flavor.

And after all the ones I've tried the one I'm really into lately is actually Trader Joe's Jalapeno Hot Sauce. They have a habanero one which is....ok, but it's really just heat and no flavor. The jalapeno one is hotter than most jalapeno based sauces I've had. Couldn't believe it was a jalapeno sauce. Also just has a great flavor and texture..
    I'm going to try both of these I think. I haven't settled on a habanero hot sauce that I've fell in love with and since you highly recommend it I'll give it a go. Flavor comes before heat w/ me in hot sauce, but at the same time I want it to actually be at least somewhat hot, it is hot sauce after all.

I've also been looking for a Jalepeno hot sauce with any semblance of heat and there is a Trader Joe's around the corner, so I'll give that a go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i pretty much always have some combo of:

sriracha
    cholula
    frank's
    louisiana
    tobasco (and/or tobasco green)
    my dad's homemade batch of hot sauce (varies from batch to batch and season to season)

My cabinet always looks quite similar

I have at all times:
    2 srirachas - Rooster and Lee Kum Kee
    Cholula the regular and garlic one
    Franks
    and both regular Tobasco and the jalapeno one

On top of whatever I want to try out. Never had Louisiana. What style is it and what do you like to use it for?

To try list:
    Mountain Man Habanero
    Trader Joes Jalapeno
    Smoked Chipotle Tabasco
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    If I could hook an IV line up with this ****.
    I love going to Chipotle. You get a burrito and a free $4 bottle of hotsauce when you leave

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post

My cabinet always looks quite similar

I have at all times:
    2 srirachas - Rooster and Lee Kum Kee
    Cholula the regular and garlic one
    Franks
    and both regular Tobasco and the jalapeno one

On top of whatever I want to try out. Never had Louisiana. What style is it and what do you like to use it for?

To try list:
    Mountain Man Habanero
    Trader Joes Jalapeno
    Smoked Chipotle Tabasco
    i use it mostly on cajun food, like etouffee and gumbo. it's got a nice peppery flavor with mild heat that compliments that flavor profile well (ie, cajun food)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    i use it mostly on cajun food, like etouffee and gumbo. it's got a nice peppery flavor with mild heat that compliments that flavor profile well (ie, cajun food)
    I like Crystal better than Lousiana

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast