Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chinese Takeout: Chopsticks?

A big pet peeve of mine from Hollywood is that every time someone's eating Chinese food they're eating it out of the container with chopsticks. I never would do that and have never really seen anyone do it. The only thing I use chopsticks for is sushi.

If I'm eating at a place I'll **** with it, especially if they only have chopsticks in front of me(check out the white guy asking for a fork). I'm really good with them so it's not anything to do with that.

Also I guess I'll place this here though it's been around for a while:

Never done it though.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

You're so edgy.

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

nope. I only use chopsticks when I am out so I don't look like a lazy American. Which I am

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I thought you were going to say that you've never seen anyone eat out of the stereotypical Chinese take out container. Because I haven't.

My whole family uses chopsticks when we eat Chinese. I don't. I think it's stupid. The fork is easier to use and make eating more enjoyable. Why would I make things tougher to eat?

I dont know of a single chinese restaurant that serves food in that stereotpyical contaner that are always in tv shows and movies
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

Quote Originally Posted by bdawk4prez View Post
    you're so edgy.
    k

I see those containers all the time, usually the rice comes in them while entrees have moved toward plastic containers.
    Anthony Mantha Breakout 16-17

Larkin is back

Yeah, they're really just to go containers. Pretty normal unless it's a combination or lunch special.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I dont know of a single chinese restaurant that serves food in that stereotpyical contaner that are always in tv shows and movies
    yeah, take out has those containers, but never seen a place serve it to you in those containers when you order in.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yeah, take out has those containers, but never seen a place serve it to you in those containers when you order in.
    I meant take out

Obviously they dont serve it that way in a restaurant. But I have literally never seen a Chinese takeout in those container except for rice occasionally. Every Chinese I have ever gotten takeout in my life comes in normal take out containers that every restaurant has
    “Today, we rip the hearts out of these ****in' haters!!!” - Demeco Ryans pregame speech vs ATL

They used to put lo mein and **** like that in those boxes. Pint or quart, now it's small or large. You'd dump out the noodles onto a plate and they'd still be shaped like a cube. Chopsticks are stupid.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

3 Chinese places on our town, all 3 serve all to go orders in the white boxes.

We keeps it real.

Yes, they do come in those boxes if the orders aren't big enough. Big orders comes usually in those Styrofoam containers, but the white boxes are still around especially for leftover to-go situations. Whether it's Chinese, Thai, Khmer, Vietnamese, sometimes Korean though very rarely, those white boxes will likely be used. White steamed rice usually comes in those boxes. My friends would sometimes order bunch of individual rice orders and couple dishes and we would eat straight out of those boxes. No need to bust out some plates and the sauce gets soaked up to the bottom till the last shove in your mouth goodness. Chopstick? Fork and/or spoons? You usually get a mixed of those. Maybe it's just regionally, but chopsticks are widely used here in LA/Hollywood/SoCal. If you don't know how to use it, ask for fork and spoons and nobody bats an eye.

Never use chopsticks. Not as efficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Never use chopsticks. Not as efficient.
    People who eat rice with chopsticks annoy me. I mean, how many ****ing rice grains can you get at one time?

The ONLY hashtag that even matters now...
    #SBCHAMPS

#15Points, #Steamrolled, #NotEvenCapable, #SeasonsOver, #WellDeserved, #YouWon’tBeatATL, #YouWon’tBeatMIN, #YouWon’tBeatNE, #Blowout, #Classless, #Trash, #7YearsAway, #Can’tRun, #Overrated, #BulletinBoard, #StoryTime, #Underdogs, #Snoozefest, #LeakedParade, #NotInTheSameUniverse
    #FreeGreenMonster

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    I meant take out

Obviously they dont serve it that way in a restaurant. But I have literally never seen a Chinese takeout in those container except for rice occasionally. Every Chinese I have ever gotten takeout in my life comes in normal take out containers that every restaurant has
    really? I have seen those boxes for take out before a number of times. Come to think of it, I think the only time I have seen those boxes was for rice, noodles, or some other carb they just pack in there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast