Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Do you buy OR pack a lunch?

I always pack a lunch for work....

Curious because no one at my work does, and I'm surprised nobody does when they'd rather drive to fast food restaurant and take an hour lunch. I'm kinda ****ed though so I don't have a fridge, so my lunch is nothing special, but I still save at least $60 a week.

If you're unemployed then you should not post in here and get a job!

vCash
    If I have a long day (6 hours), I usually buy a lunch. I work near a mall.

vCash
    I sometimes buy a lunch but usually I bring a salad. For instance, this week I went out to lunch on Monday and I'm going out tomorrow, but it's usually once a week. I am just craving this one place by my work so I'm going tom.
    THE FUTURE IS HERE
    Andreas Athanasiou

aiiight boyee let's get spicy 1...2...3.... LET'S HAVE FUN

Spicy

vCash
    Haha yeah actually the place near my work has hot chicks serving deli sandwiches, I usually go there on a Friday too. It's pretty good and cheap.

vCash
    I rarely go out. People here order all the time and I've maybe got something like 5 times since I've been here (almost a year). I pack a salad or left overs normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

vCash
    Both. Try to pack, especially since I'm dieting.

But, I work in down town Westport in KC, soooooooo many really good food options, it's tough.

7 on the roster, but #1 in my heart. This is Bae.

vCash
    Depends on how motivated I am. Sometimes I'll be frugal and bring a salad or some left overs every day for a a few weeks and then I'll stop for a while.

Had 3 jobs over the last 13 years and they've all been across the street from malls with great eating options (Current mall food court has Sushi, Pho, solid Kabob place, Ramen, etc). Literally everyone I work with eats lunch out every single day.

Also have a decent amount of lunch meetings, so end up expensing it anyway.

vCash
    I pack lunch mon-thur (usually deli meat/avocado/sprouts/tomato sandwich) and if my fridge is bare by Friday, I buy lunch (like today)

I used to buy lunch 3-4 times a week and it was 1) very expensive and 2) rather unhealthy... there are people in my office (secretaries, clerks, receptionists, et-al) who make a LOT less than I do who order breakfast AND lunch damn near every day. I'm not privy to their personal finances, but I can't imagine these people have secret trust funds to pay for 10 meals each week at anywhere from $7-$20 a pop.
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I also bring a banana or some other fruit and a TJ nutrigrain bar every day (and I keep boxes of TJ oatmeal in my desk for breakfast)
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Yeah, at my old job, used to always buy lunch and costed $7.27 exactly.
    That **** adds up week-after-week.

vCash
    I used to do both, but if I bought lunch, I was a cheap *** that never spent more than $4. Now I only bring lunch.
    Time for some hootenanny.

vCash
    I used to buy it all the time, but I've cut back a lot on it for obvious reasons and typically bring my lunch now. I'll occasionally buy my lunch, but that might be one or twice a month.

vCash
    Free food provided by work, so I rarely bring anything. I work in a food court that has 15 other stores (we have the largest footprint and volume) so I have plenty of options right there, plus the rest of the food options in and around the mall.

vCash
    I need to pack more often lol. Been eating out too much as of late.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    I pack lunch mon-thur (usually deli meat/avocado/sprouts/tomato sandwich) and if my fridge is bare by Friday, I buy lunch (like today)

I used to buy lunch 3-4 times a week and it was 1) very expensive and 2) rather unhealthy... there are people in my office (secretaries, clerks, receptionists, et-al) who make a LOT less than I do who order breakfast AND lunch damn near every day. I'm not privy to their personal finances, but I can't imagine these people have secret trust funds to pay for 10 meals each week at anywhere from $7-$20 a pop.
    Yeah thats what blows my mind. When I was first starting out I hardly ever bought lunch and I see younger kids in the office making next to nothing who eat out for lunch every single day AND order breakfast sometimes AND run out for coffee constantly.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast