Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Next Level Grilling Maneuver

My pops and I just finished this cabinet set for his big green egg

Anybody else pimp their grills?

vCash
    I was going to say that your BGE is going to break, but then I zoomed in on the pic, and my thermal concerns were quenched.

Tell Papa Howe he did a nice job (no way your hipster *** worked on that...i can't see any plaid anywhere indicating your handiwork).

BearForce1 is now on Tapatalk.
    How I Feel reading Cliff Stein's Contracts:

vCash
    Bought a "used" Brinkmann Trailmaster Vertical Smoker on the cheap, 50 percent off the retail price. It had never even been assembled -- it came with a number of bent/damaged parts and the original owner bailed on the project. I spent some time going over things with a rubber mallet, then I installed a number of gaskets to seal gaps -- lined the cook chamber door, the fire box, transfer, rear access panel.

During the coming months I plan on adding some sealant here and there, custom fitting a chimney cap in order to shield the vent from any weather and installing a more reliable thermometer. The handle on the main door needs some work -- loosens up over the course of a cook -- so I may install a toggle latch clamp or two. I'll probably also want to have another roll of self-adhesive wool gasket handy. It's all about heat retention.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by db75 View Post
    I was going to say that your BGE is going to break, but then I zoomed in on the pic, and my thermal concerns were quenched.

Tell Papa Howe he did a nice job (no way your hipster *** worked on that...i can't see any plaid anywhere indicating your handiwork).

BearForce1 is now on Tapatalk.
    Don't underestimate my skillzzzz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    Don't underestimate my skillzzzz
    *cracks open PBR*

Seriously though, that's a nice cabinet. I should work on PSD adding a "Home Improvement/Building" forum since they now seem willing to add any/all forums. It'd be neat to show off some of the things I've done/am doing (the Fantasy Football trophy I built for my league - save for losing one of the toppers when shipping it out of state - is pretty ****ing glorious).

I always appreciate some solid craftsmanship/ingenuity. I've quite literally built a home with my dad (my parents are remodeling - the only thing that'll remain from the ~1400 square foot house as they purchased it is about 80 linear feet of block foundation on a ~2600 square foot house). While I don't intend to undertake such ridiculous renovation in my life, I'm confident as all hell that I can do any/everything I want on my house without having to call contractors (minus something that's highly skilled/tool-intensive like granite countertop cutting and installation).

vCash
    Oh, and you choose drawer pulls similar to the ones I chose for the desk I built in my bedroom