Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Peter Mueller?v

vCash

Peter Mueller?v

Rumor on twitter is Peter Mueller is not getting a qualifying offer. Only made 2.5 last season might not be bad idea, what do you guys think.

vCash
    Pass. We're not a team that has room for someone like him, unless he's coming here on a try out contract.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    Was just gonna post this, Mueller is coming off another injury but he is still just 24-25 years old, I am willing to take a chance on him. Put him on a line with Kreider and Stepan and I think he will find success, remember he did put up 54 points as just a 19 year old for Phoenix.

vCash
    hell yes!!! he has the talent, just needs to stay healthy....its worth the risk imo

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Hes an American as well and we know how much they love Americans.

vCash
    We all know that the M.O. this offseason is depth, as in the scoring variety. Mueller would be fine as a "lets see what ya got kid" but he alone changes nothing.

vCash
    I'd sign, at the least he's a 3rd line guy--he was a 1st rd. pick in '88,first 2 yrs. with Pho. Weren't bad as he was playing in a defensive style system. He has been hurt the last 3 yrs. but if he can stay healthy he could easily be a 3rd line guy.

vCash
    I'm usually all for giving guys with skill who fall off second chances but I don't know what happened here to him. Someone down the road might get a good hockey player out of him but I'm worried he might be a problem child. Why else would Colorado let him go, I mean he's not making mad money and if he ever reached 3/4's of his potential he'd be worth it. But something isn't right here, Phoenix traded him, and now Colorado isn't qualifying him. If it was just a matter of injury I think Colorado would have kept him, I just wonder if there's not something else here. I guess my issue is that the team all seem to get along very well, so much in fact that they plead with management to not trade anyone at the deadline, we could be introducing a player that could possibly undermine that, I guess that's my issue.

vCash
    Honestly on a 1-2 year deal this may not hurt us, also gives us scoring abilities in the bottom 6 unlike Fedotenko/Mitchell/Rupp/Prust

vCash
    I would not object to the 1 year 1.75 he signed with the Panthers for.