Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Brewers offically ready to sell

As a Brewers fan, its about dam time. Trade anyone but Braun and Lucroy. Good luck trading Fransisclol Rodriguez or Kamieron Loe.

Let the fire sale begin.

In fact, according to sources, they could start trading players away as soon as today (Wednesday), after a disastrous road trip that began with three straight losses in Cincinnati and ended with three even-worse losses in Philadelphia.

When the trip began last week, general manager Doug Melvin told his staff, "If we lose five out of six, we're selling."

They lost six of six.

The first trade or trades will likely be smaller ones, but the Brewers are also talking to teams about Zack Greinke, perhaps the best starting pitcher available this month. As CBSSports.com has reported for the last several days, the Rangers, Angels, Braves and White Sox have been the teams showing the most interest in Greinke.

Other Brewers players who could draw interest include third baseman Aramis Ramirez, first baseman-outfielder Corey Hart and catcher George Kottaras. The Brewers would love to move starter Randy Wolf and reliever Francisco Rodriguez, as well, but neither has much value.

The Giants were one team that did have interest in Rodriguez, but he had two more terrible outings in Philadelphia, with Giants scout Pat Burrell in attendance. The Giants, sources said, decided against pursuing him.

As for Wolf, he said the other day, "I don't know how many guys are interested in a 5-plus ERA guy."

Brewers owner Mark Attanasio is ultra-competitive, but he also understands the position his team is in. Wednesday's 7-6 loss left the Brewers 13 games behind the first-place Reds in the National League Central, pending Cincinnati's game in Houston Wednesday night.

The Brewers would like to use the trades to set themselves up to compete next year. They could use a young shortstop, but also need major-league ready pitching to replace Greinke, Wolf and Shaun Marcum, all of whom are free agents and are unlikely to be part of the 2013 rotation.

Marcum would be a trade possibility himself, but he has been on the disabled list. He just threw a bullpen session Tuesday, and won't be ready to make a big-league start until after the July 31 non-waiver deadline.

Greinke's value should be as high as ever. He was outstanding in a Tuesday night start against the Phillies, and a few hours after that game the Phillies signed Cole Hamels to a new six-year contract, removing Hamels from the trade market.

Even after their disappointing first half, the Brewers were hoping to get in the race in the second half. Some of their people pointed to the recovery the Cardinals made a year ago.

But as Brewers manager Ron Roenicke pointed out, the Cardinals made that recovery after adding Edwin Jackson, Octavio Dotel and Marc Rzepczynski at the deadline. The Brewers, whose horrible bullpen has sabotaged any chance they had of competing, aren't in position to add.

Instead, they'll sell.
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

no Braun?

Delgado, Minor, Giltram, Salecdo, for Greinke (Brewers get two of the big four?)

thye could get back one of the biggest haul of young, talented players in mlb history if they traded braun.

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    thye could get back one of the biggest haul of young, talented players in mlb history if they traded braun.
    while that would be exciting to follow rumor wise if they made him available, there is absolute no chance of that happening....the trades they will make by the deadline should get them pretty close to being competitive again next year especially with the haul they get from Greinke.

There's no way Braun gets traded. NO WAY. People would burn down Miller Park if that ever happened. It would be worse than letting Paul Molitor walk away.

The guys who will get traded (most likely) are Grienke, Hart, and Ramirez.

What do you think the Brewers can get for Grienke? He's been a beast this year and would help a contender for sure.
    A message to Lebron haters

Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24
    I wasted too much of my time rooting against other superstars, and started the LeBron era hating him too. I'm glad I got over this, because I think he is unlike anything the game has ever seen...and to be robbed of enjoying that because I hate his greatness would be awful.

id love Cory hart at first for the Giants.

Wonder if Weeks could be traded.

I highly doubt it, but it's certainly in the relm of possibility.

I am assuming just K-Rod, Greinke, and Hart

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    his contract is disgusting IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    You do know that he is making 75 mill over the next 5 years. thats a steal compared to some other contracts being given out today......
    FIRE JKIDD. A vision we can all live with.

disgusting as in good?

2012-$7,000,000
    2013-$9.500
    2014-$11.000
    2015-$13.000
    2016-$20.000
    2017-$20.000

that is a GREAT contract for a young MVP

Greinke to the White Sox? Come on happen soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sager729 View Post
    Greinke to the White Sox? Come on happen soon.
    i dont see them having the specs to get him unless they get a 3rd team involved.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstater View Post
    id love Cory hart at first for the Giants.
    Him or Aramis Ramirez.

It used to be, now the way the market has gone.. It's a bargain.

Also, Marcum for a top prospect Brewers?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast