Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Moves

vCash
    I want semin here but it's gong to be a short deal around 6-7 million IMO, I think it would g a perfect fit for the flyers, Hartnell the power forward, giroux the playmaker passer, semin the lethal sniper

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Sign Parise, Garrison (D), and Biron and call it an offseason. That would make this team solid.....oh yeah and sign Jakub Voracek already!! lol. Yes, we have the cap space for this and no I don't feel like explaining how, but I'm sure one of you will look into it. I think we either get Parise or trade for Ryan...

vCash
    So with our 11 million left you want to sign Voracek (3mill), Garrison (5mill) and parise (6-8 mill) hmmmm that doesn't seem to equal 11 million....Instead we should make a huge pitch to Shultz, if he doesnt sign give the reigns to gust or bourdon and then you will have the money for a parise or a semin or Doan

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Something else that should be addressed in the offseason is our Ice Girls. Winnipeg and Tampa Bay have us beat by a long shot, I was browsing the fourth period, and we don't have any ice girls nearly as stunning. It would make my in game experience much more pleasant. I'm not saying our girls are ugly by any means, but take a browse through some of these girls. Stunners. All I'm saying is that if we resign Carle and he decides to throw a puck right at an oncoming forechecker in a tie game in the third, and they end up potting it, having sexier ice girls to ogle would definitely make things seem not so bad. Come on Homer, step up our ice girl game, maybe make a trade for Anna Melnikova, I'd give up Shelley or Walker. ;-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillysports101 View Post
    I think it depends on the contract... How many years he may be looking for and how much. It's certainly intriguing b/c like you said, he is a pure sniper.

The question is how long he stays "motivated".

Precisely why I wouldn't want the Flyers to waste their time or money on him. He's likely going to be made a very rich man by someone that misses out on the Parise sweepstakes. We certainly don't need another bad contract on the books.

vCash
    Trade briere sign parise and semin

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    I wouldn't have a problem with Carle coming back at $4-4.5 million a year for 3-4 more years....He does add a different dimension to our defense on the offensive end....His mistakes just seemed to be magnified once Pronger went down.

I'm with you Casper...I think Voracek is about to elevate his game next season....the Flyers would be foolish to trade away a guy who has his skillset. I would prefer to see him lineup next to Hartnell and Giroux next season....
    I don't see Anaheim wanting Mezaros after having back surgery last season....and they're not forced to trade Ryan at this point....he's still under contract for, what, 3 more years...

I'd rather have the Flyers keep the team they have right now, rolling four solid lines - all with a scoring and defensive capability, an improving defensive chemistry with the new players....and I can even put up with the antics of a headcase in net - for one more season....

Just get me a 3rd line two way player and a decent backup goalie...

That would not only be a very highly productive 1st line, but a highly productive #1 PP line as well. Vorechek's skillset just completely balances that line out. Not to mention that line would be no slouch defensively either.

As for Carle's issues being magnified by Pronger going down...well no **** lol! I think people have unrealistic expectations for what Carle is supposed to be able to do. Believe me when I say this though Pronger benefited from Carle just as much as Carle playing with Pronger. They were just a perfect pairing. Suddenly once Pronger went down I guess people all of a sudden expected Carle to become a shutdown defender and that's not the type of player is.

There are less than a handful of defenders out there that can:

1. Be a shutdown crease clearing defender
    2. Be a good skater
    3. Be a good puck mover/passer
    4. Have a big shot with scoring touch
    5. Can be your #1PP and PK units.

You don't pair a guy like Carle with some like Lilja...you just don't. You are minimalizing his skill set by pairing him with an incompetant defender. You pair Carle with a traditional stay at home defensive d-man that defends the crease well, and he is a 1st pairing type guy. He just does so many different little things well that doesn't stand out to the average fan that makes you realize how good he really is.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Trade briere sign parise and semin
    Good luck trying to get someone to take Briere off their hands.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    Good luck trying to get someone to take Briere off their hands.
    It was a joke lol

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    It was a joke lol
    I realize that, I was just playing along sir lol!

vCash
    Sorry my list from 1-5 was just numbers, I wasn't listing priority. I think if there was any interest in Doan, he for me would be higher on the list, because Vorachek is a RAF not a UFA, so the Flyers can control him. So sorry I should have clarified my list.

We can thank Calagary for making Carle a rich man, and an unaffordable signing. If Weidman signs a 5.25 million a yr contract at 29yrs old what is Carle going to get. I guess if he really wants to stay here he will sign a cap friendly deal.

Is Carle considered a top 4 Dman on our team? I dont think so, that is why paying him 4.5 to 5 million a season doesnt make much sense. I dont think Weidman is a top 4, either is Garrison. Suter is the only one and he is not coming here. That is why I would rather sign a 5th or 6th pairing at a easier cap hit contract. Greg Zannon, Scott Hanna, Mike Rozival ( who was helpful in PHX by playing with there young stud Dman Ekman Larson). These are 3 guys that you can have on a 1 to 2 yr deals at around or under 3 million.

If Holmgren thinks like this then we can add our 6th Dman, Sign Vorachek, Sign Doan or a FA winger and stay under the avialable cap space we have.

Vorachek (3 million)
    Dman (3 million)
    Doan (4million)

I am hoping my numbers are on the higher side, but with the players that have signed and these teams with ton of cap space and the thin list of Players to sign, then I hope I have the right numbers.

Again sorry for the 1-5 wasn't trying to list priorities.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    Sorry my list from 1-5 was just numbers, I wasn't listing priority. I think if there was any interest in Doan, he for me would be higher on the list, because Vorachek is a RAF not a UFA, so the Flyers can control him. So sorry I should have clarified my list.

We can thank Calagary for making Carle a rich man, and an unaffordable signing. If Weidman signs a 5.25 million a yr contract at 29yrs old what is Carle going to get. I guess if he really wants to stay here he will sign a cap friendly deal.

Is Carle considered a top 4 Dman on our team? I dont think so, that is why paying him 4.5 to 5 million a season doesnt make much sense. I dont think Weidman is a top 4, either is Garrison. Suter is the only one and he is not coming here. That is why I would rather sign a 5th or 6th pairing at a easier cap hit contract. Greg Zannon, Scott Hanna, Mike Rozival ( who was helpful in PHX by playing with there young stud Dman Ekman Larson). These are 3 guys that you can have on a 1 to 2 yr deals at around or under 3 million.

If Holmgren thinks like this then we can add our 6th Dman, Sign Vorachek, Sign Doan or a FA winger and stay under the avialable cap space we have.

Vorachek (3 million)
    Dman (3 million)
    Doan (4million)

I am hoping my numbers are on the higher side, but with the players that have signed and these teams with ton of cap space and the thin list of Players to sign, then I hope I have the right numbers.

Again sorry for the 1-5 wasn't trying to list priorities.

He absolutely is. Gus is still too young and inexperienced to say for sure what he is. Carle is better than Mezaros in every way other than Mez big shot. Better than Grossman. There is more to being a complete defenseman than clearing the crease. Better than Schenn for much of the same reason as Grossman...Carle just does many more things well.

That leaves Timonen, Coburn, and Carle and I could make a case for any of those 3 as being our current #1 dman.

vCash
    We can agree to disagree. With the pairings I have in mind, I think we can pass on Carle and the 5 million plus he is going to get. Coburn/Grossman (before Grossman got hurt in the Pitts. game before the playoffs, these two became our shut down pairing. Grossman turned Coburn into a man, helping him find his physical game.) Mezz/Kimmo ( I know both have had back surgery). Then we are left with Schenn/???. Do we need a 5 million dollar Carle or can Schenn pair up with someone else and help us fill more needs.

JVR gone, Jagr most likely gone. We need to sign Vorachek and another top 9 forward that can contribute. I personally would rather give Giroux a top line winger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    We can agree to disagree. With the pairings I have in mind, I think we can pass on Carle and the 5 million plus he is going to get. Coburn/Grossman (before Grossman got hurt in the Pitts. game before the playoffs, these two became our shut down pairing. Grossman turned Coburn into a man, helping him find his physical game.) Mezz/Kimmo ( I know both have had back surgery). Then we are left with Schenn/???. Do we need a 5 million dollar Carle or can Schenn pair up with someone else and help us fill more needs.

JVR gone, Jagr most likely gone. We need to sign Vorachek and another top 9 forward that can contribute. I personally would rather give Giroux a top line winger.
    I don't really care for those pairings at all. It really depends on what type of defensive system you are trying to put in place. In Lavi's wide open system I think it works best having a traditional stay at home d-man and a puck pressuring/moving smooth skating dman. No doubt Coburn and Grossman had chemistry together, but that pairing is really lacking offensively. Pair them on the PK not 5v5 hockey. And then you have 2 guys with bad back's neither of which are particularly physical playing together not to mention when they were paired last year I thought they just looked awful and out of sync.

I definitely would prefer
    Coburn/Timonen
    Schenn/Carle
    Grossman/Mezaros or Gus

That and Vorecek paired with Hartnell and Giroux on the top line figures to be a highly productive top 5v5 line, #1 PP line, and no slouch defensively. A cheap depth signing will suffice they still have plenty of forward talent.

vCash
    ugh... Carle is a completely different player then any of them. To be fair the only one like him is Gus / Mez and Mez is staying a Flyer unless traded. Gus is young and does have great awareness as well as vision.

Im not going to argue it.... I just think that theres pros / cons / $$$ and in my personal opinion the $$$ + cons do not equal what the pros can be for Carle. Id hand the reigns over to Gus. I dunno 900k for very similar production compared to 4.5 million... I know which button I push.

Now go get me a sniper for G with all that cap we saved!

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast