Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Next Moves

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Pronger = LITR = +5 Mil. Before one of you geniuses out there try to tell me we can't use that money now, yes we can. We can be 10% over the cap until the same point at which LITR money comes off the cap. Thank you

Also, we should be trying to get Garrison because I believe his number will be more like a 3.5-4.5. One good year should not earn you that kind of money. Look for a 3 year 4.5 mil deal from us if we go that way. A couple articles lead me to believe that we are looking for another right handed D-man though. The cap is set around 70.2 mil so I think we could pull it off.

Our cap availability is actually over 11.35 mil. If we signed Parise and Voracek that would leave us at 13 O-men going against the cap. That means either waiving Shelley (1.1 million) or sending down Rinaldo/Wellwood (550k +). Then you look at the D. The Flyers probably won't hesitate to either waive or trade Lilja to make room in the cap because we will have 9 NHL ready D-men. So there is another 735k. Voracek gets around 2-3 years at around 2.75-3.25 per. I think the offer on the table right now is 2.5 mil and he is just trying to see if anyone else is going to make the Flyers pay a little more.

If you run the numbers you have 11.3 mil in cap + 5 for Pronger + 1.25-1.85 mil in waives/send downs and then probably an injury causing someone to go LITR during the season lol. So lets just go with 18 mil even (adding those numbers up).

Parise @ 8 mil
    Garrison @ 4.5 mil
    Voracek @ 3 mil
    Biron @ 1-1.5 mil
    TOTAL 16.5-17 mil

That would still leave us with just over 1 mil in cap space before any injuries or trips the LITR this season
    Don't get prongers money until after the season starts good try though
    Last edited by Giroux 4 MVP; 06-29-2012 at 12:50 AM.

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    the cap is actually set at $72.2 mil, just to clarify for everyone.

we can argue cap all day, fact of the matter is, they have enough to do what is necessary for this team, whether it's just keeping everything in-house or going out and picking someone up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i know that's just a projection on your part, but if the Flyers are going to give Parise $8 mil, they need to walk....no, RUN away. Parise is a good player; he's not an elite player. that $8 mil is something you save for Stamkos, Giroux, Malkin, Ovechkin, Crosby, those type of players. you can't give Parise that kind of money.

in that case, they are better off just signing a 3rd line winger and Voracek and going with what they got, maybe making a trade at the deadline if necessary. $8 mil is way too much for Parise.
    It was more of a hopeful overshot. I really think we're getting him but overpaying for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Don't get printers money until after the season starts good try though
    For both you and Castan, I thought I stated that Holmgren could get creative to make it work. What I mean by that is sending Schenn and Couts to the minors for the first day. That means their contracts don't count against the cap until they are called up. At this point you have Pronger's cap hit available to you again. (from a sneaky genius to another Castan ). Like I was saying, there are always ways to make money work for ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    the cap is actually set at $72.2 mil, just to clarify for everyone.

we can argue cap all day, fact of the matter is, they have enough to do what is necessary for this team, whether it's just keeping everything in-house or going out and picking someone up.
    Isnt it 70.2???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Isnt it 70.2???
    yes it is, you're right. i misread something on twitter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Yeah i guess on the plus side he did kind of rush back. Originally he wasnt supposed to play until the Cup series if we made it there.

So I'll give him an excuse for that 1 game he played. And apparently Homer said he played for almost a week with that herniated disc.

I dont like the Schultz news - I didnt see that we were out of the running, only thing I read was he had it down to 3 Canadian team and possibly 3 American teams.

This is what I have on Schultz news

The signing process may take a couple days, possibly by the weekend. They will take calls based on a list of teams they had narrowed it down to. Since hes signing an entry level deal, it will be more based on fit than money. LeBrun believes the front runners are the Canucks, Oilers, Rangers, Flyers, and Maple Leafs.

Looks as up to 4 hrs ago we were very much alive

And check this out with Crosgay - Deal expected to be for 12 years and $104.4 million. Salary cap hit of $8.7 million. ---- So glad we get to punish this BISCH for 12 more years!!!!!
    Just saw something on the NHL Network tonight....they said that Detroit, Boston and Philly weren't on the short list so that long shot looks like the wind is knocking it down at the warning track...

vCash
    I want Peter mueller

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Not a bad idea with Mueller (very injury prone). He could be a sleeper, like a Read from last season. I think Stempniak and Hudler could be the same. Guys that have scored before can come in and give us a 50-60 point season, like Jagr did, but come cheaper then 3.3 million

vCash
    Just a side thought on some of these "throw Hartnell or Simmonds in a trade to get a sniper to play on the top line with G" ideas.......to me one of the bigger issues with that is not necessarily a pure hockey skills or scoring ability decision but more along the lines of eliminating some of that toughness edge from our team. While the heavyweights have been phased out of the game, make no mistake that there is still great value in those middleweight type guys. One of the things the team was forced to do to keep up with the Rangers and Penguins was to get bigger and more physical so I can't see that it makes sense to move either of those guys.........the fact remains that you still need a couple guys willing to drop the gloves when necessary....and right now Hartnell and Simmonds are the only guys to do that. Yes, Rinaldo is certainly willing but he's so small that he can't really handle anyone with any size......there is no one on defense and no one else on offense other than those two that can and SHOULD do that......so I'd be worried getting rid of either of them makes us a little softer in that regard and I don't think we wanna take a step back that way......just some food for thought there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    Just a side thought on some of these "throw Hartnell or Simmonds in a trade to get a sniper to play on the top line with G" ideas.......to me one of the bigger issues with that is not necessarily a pure hockey skills or scoring ability decision but more along the lines of eliminating some of that toughness edge from our team. While the heavyweights have been phased out of the game, make no mistake that there is still great value in those middleweight type guys. One of the things the team was forced to do to keep up with the Rangers and Penguins was to get bigger and more physical so I can't see that it makes sense to move either of those guys.........the fact remains that you still need a couple guys willing to drop the gloves when necessary....and right now Hartnell and Simmonds are the only guys to do that. Yes, Rinaldo is certainly willing but he's so small that he can't really handle anyone with any size......there is no one on defense and no one else on offense other than those two that can and SHOULD do that......so I'd be worried getting rid of either of them makes us a little softer in that regard and I don't think we wanna take a step back that way......just some food for thought there.
    I totally agree with this. Both of those guys are the definition of Flyers hockey. Hartnell is public enemy number 1 versus most teams but especially the Pens. Their fans and the players despise him and I truly think he gets Sid/Malkin off their games.

vCash
    Hatch gets it. Harts and Simmonds ARE Flyers hockey like I have said. Just like last year when we saw Couts we knew instantly hes a Flyer for sure!!!

Since this is the "Next Moves" thread... I thought I would post this here. Now please read this, I am not implying at ALL that we should sign him but pretty interesting....

Quote Originally Posted by Rotoworld:

Martin Brodeur is willing to test the unrestricted free agent market on Sunday.
    Brodeur has hired an agent to help him weigh his options. This comes as quite a shock as the New Jersey Devils were expected to be very willing to re-sign him for the 2012-13 campaign. This might simply be a negotiating tactic by Brodeur, but there were certainly be quite a few suitors for his services if he's intentions are genuine. He's not the undisputed best goaltender anymore, but he's more than capable of serving as a team's starter and would be a great mentor for any team's young understudy. The Toronto Maple Leafs would be a prime example of a team he'd be a good fit for, but they certainly aren't the only ones.
    Now....who cares right?? Well what this says to me is that Zach Parise is NOT coming back to NJ. If Marty is prepared to test the market.... I think that tells us what we need to know about Zach..

I hope we go after Zach and get him for like 6.5 LOL... i know im dreaming...

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Hatch gets it. Harts and Simmonds ARE Flyers hockey like I have said. Just like last year when we saw Couts we knew instantly hes a Flyer for sure!!!

Since this is the "Next Moves" thread... I thought I would post this here. Now please read this, I am not implying at ALL that we should sign him but pretty interesting....

Now....who cares right?? Well what this says to me is that Zach Parise is NOT coming back to NJ. If Marty is prepared to test the market.... I think that tells us what we need to know about Zach..

Deep thinking.............it's what I do

vCash

I am dreaming of getting Parise too.....but then I heard that he was literally sleeping with Crosby and the dream is seeming to turn to a nightmare. Damn Crosby for taking the longer contract that cut down the annual cap hit. Parise should pull in at least 7.25 per and maybe more just because he is the only really high end forward out there. As a back up plan, how much do you guys think Doan will cost us if we could hit him up?

vCash
    Cant WAIT till Sunday.

lol bryz

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast