Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Moves

vCash

Next Moves

who do you want them to get? get rid of...so on...

as much as i would want ryan, i like everyone on the team and don't know who i would want them to trade. and i really hope they don't sign carle back

vCash
    didn't even see the offseason thread. someone can close this

vCash
    Bobby Ryan
    IF
    -you can get Bobby Ryan for ONE of the following: Read/Voracek/Mez
    -as well as draft picks/prospects
    DO IT

if it requires anything more, forget it.

Parise
    wont sign here anyway so dont waste your time

Sutter

Carle
    I wonder if LSchenn replaced him. They need his skating, I say resign him

Parenteau
    I say sign him, but someone will overpay for him. With the departure of Jagr, this team was perfect at forward. Now with the departure of JVR, they really need a 2/3rd line winger who can score 15 goals. Parenteau is perfect. If they can get him at 3.25 or less, you gotta do it.

Hartnell - Giroux - Schenn
    Simmonds - Briere - Voracek
    Read - Couturier - ????
    Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo

only question marks are the 3rd line winger, and Carles spot on the depth chart.

**I say resign Carle and pursue Parenteau
    (and get a backup Goalie who isnt #49, but thats obvious)

vCash
    As last checked we are close to 12 million under the cap, this is with Pronger money counting. without Pronger we will be close to 17 million.

So far so good, with the off season. Still up in the air about JVR, because I see him as the next Lupul going to Toronto and being productive.

1.My first choice would be sign Parise.
    2. Sign another Dman, Carle if it isnt ridiculous contract. Would not mind Garrison from FLA (He is going to demand 5+yrs and around 5 million), I would rather a 2 to 3 yr player. Weidman, Hannan, crazy to say but Rozival was great in PHX and he was playing a lot of minutes with Ekman-Larrson a young up and comer.
    3. If we dont land Parise, we need another winger. I would pass on Jagr. Depending on our cap situation after adding another Dman and siging Vorachek. There are a number of third liners out there, that can also play in the top 6. If we can get another gem like Talbot that would be great.
    Shane Doan would be my first choice behind Zach. Parentau would be interesting, Mason Raymond. A sleeper UFA who scored 47 points in around 60 games and can reunite with his brother is Kyle Wellwood, who quitely was very productive and played for 700k last season. 2yrs at 2.5 million would be a great addition whoc can score 15-20 goals in a third line role.

I still trust that Holmgren waiting to make a big splash, that is why Carle hasnt be re signed.

vCash
    I'm in favor of bringing back Carle. You could do so much worse than him.

I'm also a huge fan of bringing back Jagr. He wouldn't break the bank and more importantly he would only want a 1 year deal. Save some space for the next year Perry and Getzlaf are both UFAs (I think Kimmo and Hartnell's deals are up as well?)

Who knows where CBA talks are headed? I'd really hate to see the Flyers sign someone to a long term deal and get burned on it.
    BARKANN THE MANN!!!

vCash
    Shultz should be our top priority, get him then use all that extra money to look at semin or parise

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Bobby Ryan
    IF
    -you can get Bobby Ryan for ONE of the following: Read/Voracek/Mez
    -as well as draft picks/prospects
    DO IT

if it requires anything more, forget it.

Parise

Sutter

Carle
    I wonder if LSchenn replaced him. They need his skating, I say resign him

Parenteau
    I say sign him, but someone will overpay for him. With the departure of Jagr, this team was perfect at forward. Now with the departure of JVR, they really need a 2/3rd line winger who can score 15 goals. Parenteau is perfect. If they can get him at 3.25 or less, you gotta do it.

Hartnell - Giroux - Schenn
    Simmonds - Briere - Voracek
    Read - Couturier - Wellwood
    Wellwood - Talbot - Rinaldo

only question marks are the 3rd line winger, and Carles spot on the depth chart.

**I say resign Carle and pursue Parenteau
    (and get a backup Goalie who isnt #49, but thats obvious)
    Bourdon and Gus will probably share Carles spot if they don't resign him. At this point after the mistakes I saw Carle make I'd put my faith in the youngers (he cost them a few this year!!), but if they can keep him without breaking the bank I won't argue because he is productive on the PP.

vCash
    Barring a major deal for Ryan or somehow we're able to sign Parise...

Forwards (listed in order)...Parenteau, Boyes, and I'd take a shot at Dustin Penner....I see all the free agents out there (aside from Parise) as 2nd and 3rd line players....

Defense: Garrison, Schultz, Wideman, Carle....I put Carle last because you know what you're going to get with him on this squad....

Backup Goalies: Montoya, Biron, Clemmenson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC1710 View Post
    Barring a major deal for Ryan or somehow we're able to sign Parise...

Forwards (listed in order)...Parenteau, Boyes, and I'd take a shot at Dustin Penner....I see all the free agents out there (aside from Parise) as 2nd and 3rd line players....

Defense: Garrison, Schultz, Wideman, Carle....I put Carle last because you know what you're going to get with him on this squad....

Backup Goalies: Montoya, Biron, Clemmenson.
    Which, is honestly, better than both Garrisson and Wideman. Schultz is a wildcard, but based on how you can't throw money at him, he's not even a true FA.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    That could be true....but then again it could be that a change in scheme may play better to Garrison and Wideman's skillset....I only pointed Carle out because he's played in this system and he may or may not improve...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Shultz should be our top priority, get him then use all that extra money to look at semin or parise
    you can't make Schultz your top priority. as Cubs said, he's a total wildcard.

he's like the only FA in the history of FA where every single team can only offer him one contract. he's going to get 30 identical offers. it's just gonna come down to where he wants to play. no money can persuade him; it's all on him.

making him your top priority would be a mistake.

right now they have about 11 defenseman under contract that have played in the NHL at some point. their top priority needs to be finding that top-line winger to play with G.

obviously you try to sign Schultz first, given that he becomes a FA before anyone else; and maybe you even try to get Carle under contract first if Schultz turns you down.

but the top priority, the main concern, the thing they should want the most, is a top-line winger to put up their with G.

vCash
    like phillyeagles said, pursue schultz. They dont have anything to lose by pursuing him. Say he has a change of heart and wants to play in philly, now holmgren has some wiggle room if he wants to trade a D man in a package for Bobby Ryan. July 1st cant come soon enough. As a sports fan, free agency rumors/trade rumors are like being in an abusive relationship. You know its bad for you, but you keep coming back for more!!!!!

vCash
    i sware to god if JVR gets traded to the kings and they win another cup, i will kill myself

vCash
    the worst and best part about schultz is that all offers to him will be the same for the same $ and cap hit ... he just gets choice of where to play ... so we have a 1/30 shot

vCash
    i laughed....

Get Parise or Ryan that would be amazing... one of those two.. Semin will command just as much money and to be honest Parise is too good to pass...

I dont see us getting schultz, were all dreaming here so sadly....resign Carle

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast