Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    i hope he makes it to free agency... and we freaking sign him... we need guys with jam... guys that are willing to drop the gloves whenever...guys that hit!!! some god damn excitement in the acc...and last of all guys that arent hurt half the damn season (mike brown)...

bring prust home to ontario!

vCash
    I agree, I'd like to see Prust here too. Maybe offer him an extra year at $1.8 million and see if he bites? Prust in, Lombardi or Armstrong out is a big improvement that is easy to do. I am sure come cap floor team wouldn't mind adding one of these players for a late pick as an impending UFA next summer.

For every UFA that comes in, a player like Lombardi, Connolly, Armstrong have to be shipped out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyLuke2 View Post
    I forgot about Tootoo. I wouldn't mind him here as a replacement for Rosehill... who, let's be honest, is definitely a replacement.

Instead of Prust it would have to be Tootoo though both wouldn't make sense.
    Rosehill is terrible. He skates about as well as stiffler did in goon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    I really hope Connolly and Lombardi are traded this off-season, i'm tired of being small. I hate saying that but it's clear that you need to have a strong physical team to win in this league.
    Here, here. I'd sooner put Brad Ross on the 3rd line, sight-unseen, and pay him on his ELC than play either of the 2 guys you've mentioned (or Ryan Hamilton for that matter).
    ALSO, let's not get caught up in the Brandon Prust crap. Signing him on July first will be akin to the Colby Armstrong signing. Lots of hype because he's an effective grinder, but still... he's a grinder. Draft and promote from within for the bottom six, save the big time UFA bucks for big time ufa's. No more Komisarek, Armstrong, Connolly type inflated signings. Let's right the ship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SirMichael View Post
    I agree, I'd like to see Prust here too. Maybe offer him an extra year at $1.8 million and see if he bites? Prust in, Lombardi or Armstrong out is a big improvement that is easy to do. I am sure come cap floor team wouldn't mind adding one of these players for a late pick as an impending UFA next summer.

For every UFA that comes in, a player like Lombardi, Connolly, Armstrong have to be shipped out.
    Seriously, look what you wrote! Prust 1.8 million! Naww man, we're better than that. Brandon Prust!

vCash
    He is demanding $2.2 million. I guess $1.8 million is still high haha, you're right. I just think the Leafs REALLY lack this kind of player that is actually effective. Orr, Brown, Rosehill are not effective. I just figured we should take upgrades where we can get them but after thinking about it more, I would rather promote from within.

My main point was that we need to shed some of these dead weight contracts to make room for promotions or UFAs. Maybe we do need to just promote from within because the bulk of the UFA signings here in the last 5 years have blown up in our faces.

vCash
    He is demanding $2.2 million. I guess $1.8 million is still high haha, you're right. I just think the Leafs REALLY lack this kind of player that is actually effective. Orr, Brown, Rosehill are not effective. I just figured we should take upgrades where we can get them but after thinking about it more, I would rather promote from within.

My main point was that we need to shed some of these dead weight contracts to make room for promotions or UFAs. Maybe we do need to just promote from within because the bulk of the UFA signings here in the last 5 years have blown up in our faces.
    I understand. I'm a Leafs fan... my first instinct was; "yeah, sign Brandon Prust right after he came off a career year and a long run in the playoffs." It made sense to me. But then again, I was all about the Armstrong signing at the time too. I thought he was a great signing... aaaaand now I look like an idiot. I think Tootoo could be had for a song, and I think he can still skate like the wind and he's fearless. I think he could really help inject some personality into this team (along with Brad Ross), something that we have been, and still are sorely lacking!

vCash
    I'm on the side with avoiding Prust now. We have Brown who does basically what we'd want Prust to do and at around 1/3 the cost. Sure Prust put up some numbers but es not goin to be that kind of guy all the time and you know if he came to TO he'd crap the bed. Too much of an investment. Armstrong is in the final year of his deal. Hopefully he can regain his form and do what we'd be signing Prust for. He just needs to stay healthy!

vCash

How is Brown not effective? he's a fourth liner. He hits, he fights, will block shots with his face, a great skater...again, he's a fourth liner. A role player. He's not one-dimensional.

vCash
    Yeah i dont get the dissing of brown...does what hes supposed to do...and he has a beautiful stash

vCash
    Brown is a champ. He plays his role well. He's got some wheels too which is refreshing to see beside a guy like Steckel or Rosehill because Brown forces those guys to move faster on plays. A forth line of Lombardi - Steckel - Brown (which is realistic), would be a great line to throw out there. Lombardi and Brown can flat out fly and Steckel wins draws. Would be an annoying line to play against IMO.

vCash
    If Lombardi is healthy i wouldn't hate a third line of:

Kulemin - McClement - Lombardi.

Kule as the forechecker and first guy in their zone, and Lombo as the support man. Carlyle uses small speedy guys well and i dont think Lombardi will be demoted UNLESS they are stuck with that as the only option. Right now i dont think they plan on sending him down.

Maybe i'm wrong but i really think Carlyle will be ok with having him with the Leafs.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    If Lombardi is healthy i wouldn't hate a third line of:

Kulemin - McClement - Lombardi.

Kule as the forechecker and first guy in their zone, and Lombo as the support man. Carlyle uses small speedy guys well and i dont think Lombardi will be demoted UNLESS they are stuck with that as the only option. Right now i dont think they plan on sending him down.

Maybe i'm wrong but i really think Carlyle will be ok with having him with the Leafs.
    Does that mean Matt Frattin is playing with the Marlies when he comes back? No way he plays on the 4th line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavy16 View Post
    Does that mean Matt Frattin is playing with the Marlies when he comes back? No way he plays on the 4th line.
    I think they'd put him on the fourth line. His knee also has to cooperate.

Lavy16 is offline Users Awaiting Moderation
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I think they'd put him on the fourth line. His knee also has to cooperate.
    Frattin on the 4th line??? No way. He'll be in the minors if he isn't getting top 9 minutes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast