Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by savio vega View Post
    Prust is seeking 6.6 for 3 years

Sign me up

He said for depth players before mueller was going to free agency...you never kno... Try him out on a one year deal...if he stinks. Waive him...no risk what so ever

Doan also to test free agency...could be interesting
    Where'd you hear he's seeking that? Thats pretty sweet I would be down.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,
    Maple Leafs and Steelers fan for life.

vCash
    If only Doan and Prust were UFA's next season, i would be all over it. But i think we need to stay away from UFA's unless we can move some contracts
    Last edited by OptiMized; 06-27-2012 at 11:26 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I'f only Doan and Prust were UFA's next season, i would be all over it. But i think we need to stay away from UFA's unless we can move some contracts
    x2

vCash
    I don't mind the Prust idea. But Mueller... mueller... excuse my language, but, not an effin' chance!. I've been completely unimpressed in the handful of times I've seen him play. He's American though, so I'm guessing there's probably a better chance we make a move on a dud like him than a dud like Wolski (who I'd sooner sign if I HAD TO pick an unachieving loser to overpay this offseason). I'd really like to take a run at Tootoo, and/or see what it takes to get Ott out of Dallas (two of may favourite Canadian world jr's of all time). Those two guys (and/or Prust) could seriously up the intensity level on this team in a positive way!

vCash
    Well yeah obviously because Doan would probably play on the second line with Grabo and JVR... meaning Kulemin and MaCarthur would have to be shipped somewhere preferably Mac. Although this would be sick.

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel

JVR - Grabovski - Doan

Kulemin - Connolly - Prust

Lombardi - Steckel - Armstrong

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I forgot about Tootoo. I wouldn't mind him here as a replacement for Rosehill... who, let's be honest, is definitely a replacement.

Instead of Prust it would have to be Tootoo though both wouldn't make sense.

Keep them both Nonis.

Blue Jays,

vCash
    I hate tootoo! Love the idea of Prust, Doan and Ott though.

vCash
    Tootoo doesn't bring much, Doan is not coming here, not a chance, he hates Media

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boilerguy2412 View Post
    Tootoo doesn't bring much, Doan is not coming here, not a chance, he hates Media
    i think its more he wants a cup not another team who is rebuilding or whatever it is we are doing
    And Gup ummm sure buddy keep huffing those gas fumes lol
    doan is in his mid 30's i believe and if its me Contender all the way

vCash
    Bringing in Prust is much more ideal to what our team needs than Mueller.. If we can get him for around 1 - 1.5 a year which I could never see happening.. then yeah maybe go get him. But Prust is a valuable player to have especially if.. and that's a big IFFFF we were to make the playoffs anytime soon.

vCash
    I really hope Connolly and Lombardi are traded this off-season, i'm tired of being small. I hate saying that but it's clear that you need to have a strong physical team to win in this league.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Didn't you guys rip me for bringing up prust like a week ago. Calling him "something we dont need" look what he did for Torts, i think Carlyle would love a guy like him. Burke has been quoted as saying he needs to tailor this team to Carlyles style and i think prust would be at the top of that list.

vCash
    Leafs discussing a long-term extension with Holzer. Henny says that people in the organization tell him that he will compete for the 3rd pairing spot.

rumours are it could be a three year deal.

vCash
    Holzer will be a great third pairing guy. Probably our best prospect who never got much attention. He's a good, cheap alternative. As far as Tootoo goes, I actually like him because he's such a pain to play against but we know about Burke and his little rat speech he did. Tootoo is one of those guys. I don't understand all the love for Prust, maybe I just haven't seen him play enough?

vCash
    Here is what prust is seeking from - Jan Levine and Larry Brooks

On Prust. First the Brooks column, then the suggestions made on who could be acquired by Cranford and Glen. We covered Prust last week, but his status and unlikely return sort of solidified the past few days. Brooks wrote in Saturday's paper, which was confirmed by others, that Prust, who is coming off a two-year deal in which he earned $800,000 per, is believed to be seeking a three-year contract in the range of $6.6 million while the Rangers are offering approximately $1.2 million less than that over the life of the contract. So in essence, the Rangers are offering $1.8 million a year for three years, which is more than Brian Boyle gets, more per year, but one less year, than what Darren Helm got and a bit more than Chris Neil is making.

Prust expressed his views by stating: @BrandonPrust8 - "I wish management wanted me back as much as the fans.. Thanks for the love everyone." Again, no one is forcing you out the door and I understand the need and desire to make more money, but is the $400k that much per year to have you leave. There is no way to bridge the gap here to find a middle ground. Plus, you know how good it is here and how coming here resurrected your career, but as we know, there is no loyalty on either side. Maybe the Rangers, as suggested, Pete suggested are pulling a power play and hope the lure of staying in NY and public/fan pressure convince Prust to cave a bit, but that's a dangerous game to play.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast