Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    CHad's brother Kyle is going to be a stud in the NHL someday. Kyle has already completely changed the recent culture of Gopher hockey almost single handedly.
    Lets not get ahead of ourselves here rau is good but will not be a STUD in the NHL. Many other players contributed more than rau did to the culture of the gopher hockey. (Patterson, bjugstad, haula, schmidt)

vCash
    Haha I understand what you are saying Tg, but its hard to justify giving him more then what Stamkos is making considering Stamkos out produces him by 20-30 pts per yer. Stamkos is heavily front loaded but his cap hit is 7.5, that should be able to be done for Parise.

vCash
    I don't think the Wild has any interest in Semin. He has been available for the past few seasons and the Wild have never been mentioned in association with him. Semin is a bit of a character to say the least, his work ethic has been criticized many times, and there is always the threat of him jumping to the KHL.

As far as Parise and Suter, I think signing both is a pipe dream but if we can get one that would be amazing. I really think we have a better shot at Parise though because he wants to come in and be the man in an organization. Here in Minnesota he would be and on top of that we can offer him more money than anyone else with our cap space.

If I had to choose between Parise and Suter though, I would rather have Suter. Our defense is full of bottom guys outside of Scandella and Gilbert who are both really fringe 3/4 guys. Suter would immediately drastically improve our D if we got him, but convincing any top D to join our blue line will be a miracle.
    ]”Goaltending is a normal job, sure. How would you like it in your job if every time you made a small mistake, a red light went on over your desk and 15,000 people stood up and yelled at you.”

vCash
    Still think Semin would be a fine fit tho. Gilbert is a 2/3 guy and Scandella has potential to be 2/3 as well. We shouldnt go after Suter, rather Carle or Garrison we can develop our own #1. Parise for high 7.5 to 8 is fine, would bring lots of offense

vCash
    I find it dumb that we have to wait so long after the draft for free agency to begin.

vCash
    Just a couple more days Purp be patient

I just wanna say, by the way, I'm so impressed with this Wild forum and how it's grown in the last week or so. I'm trying to do the same with Oilers and Avs but to no avail so far. Especially with it being the offseason now I would imagine it would be hard to get posters in here but not you guys, you've been awesome. I truly believe we can build this forum into one of the NHL's best. 11 guests in here right now...11.

vCash
    that would be excellent

vCash
    Yes I cant wait for FA...just gotta keep telling yourself a couple more days...im so excited for next season if there is a lockout I might kill someone/something (joking...but serious)

vCash
    I read that the NHL might start the season without a labor deal in place. As long as both sides agree to continue talks past the expiration date of the old on Sept. 15th. I think the last thing anyone wants is another lockout.

vCash
    I'm still holding out hope we land both Parise and Suter. I'm sure I'll do something stupid if we did. Something like figure skate nude at the home opener.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetropolitans View Post
    I read that the NHL might start the season without a labor deal in place. As long as both sides agree to continue talks past the expiration date of the old on Sept. 15th. I think the last thing anyone wants is another lockout.
    The players said they would play if talks were agreed to because honestly players like this CBA. The owners might not agree because they are looking to change the CBA and lower things. So while the players agree they will play if no new CBA the owners might not. Its gonna be messy these next couple of months.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYMetropolitans View Post
    Just a couple more days Purp be patient

I just wanna say, by the way, I'm so impressed with this Wild forum and how it's grown in the last week or so. I'm trying to do the same with Oilers and Avs but to no avail so far. Especially with it being the offseason now I would imagine it would be hard to get posters in here but not you guys, you've been awesome. I truly believe we can build this forum into one of the NHL's best. 11 guests in here right now...11.

Minnesota has a rich hockey tradition. We had sold out every Wild game up until the 2010 season...years of mediocrity however, stopped that sellout streak. We are the State of Hockey, we produce more NHL players than any other state in the country, our main college team is the Notre Dame (football) of hockey, we are the home state of hockey legends such as Herb Brooks, and Neal Broten, the miracle on ice team was coached by Herb Brooks, and was made up of players primarily from Minnesota and Massuchetes (hardest state to spell ever)...the tradition here is so deep...unfortunately, PSD is not the primary site to talk about Wild hockey...I also feel that the tradition right now, is carried on by the older generation. The Gopher hockey team has not won a championsip in 10 years, and the Wild have not lived up to what the North Stars were. The North Stars and the Gophers were absolutely the pride of Minnesota for a long time, and now, it has been so long since our state has had a team to be proud of. With the Gophers getting to the frozen 4 last year though, hockey chatter in the town is rising again. Hockey will always be a huge tradition here, and the love for hockey in this state is as apparent as it always has been, but there just hasnt been much to talk about recently, except for the multiple NHL prospects our highschool system pumps out every year...which isnt really a topic to be discussed on PSD. Hopefully, sometime soon, the Wild turn up the heat, because this state deserves it. And when that does happen, this forum will likely be very active.

vCash
    I'll throw the Mighty Ducks trilogy out there as part of our hockey tradition as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I'll throw the Mighty Ducks trilogy out there as part of our hockey tradition as well.
    played at a few of those rinks when i played

vCash
    Charlie Conway = the best hockey captain ever.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast