Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    vCash
    new avatar lol

vCash

Minnesota Wild re-sign Justin Falk

Minnesota Wild re-sign Justin Falk
    The Minnesota Wild have agreed to terms with defenseman Justin Falk on a contract for next season, announcing the deal about 15 minutes before the deadline to avoid arbitration with the restricted free agent.

Falk, who will make $825,000 next season, gets a one-way deal after playing 47 games for the Wild last season. He had a goal and eight assists, and while he struggled at times, the Wild liked the physical presence the 6-foot-5 Falk brought to the team.

He is the fifth Wild defenseman on a one-way deal for 2012-13. Jared Spurgeon and Marco Scandella, who are on two-way deals, were two of the team's most prominent defenseman last season, so barring a trade, the Wild's defensive group for next season appears to be set.
    Source: Twin Cities

vCash
    The defensive core obviously got an exceptional boost with Suter now we just have to hope the other guys' play are elevated by Suter's presence and that the prospects continue to grow. One day it'll be Dumba-Suter.

vCash
    Suter-Dumba
    Brodin-Scandella

Sounds pretty good to me as long as they develop as they should.

vCash

Wild sign Connelly to two-year, two-way contract

Wild sign Connelly to two-year, two-way contract
    ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota Wild have signed defenseman Brian Connelly to a two-year contract.
    The Wild announced the news Friday. Connelly led all AHL defensemen in scoring last season with 52 points on six goals and 46 assists while playing for Rockford and Abbotsford.

It's a two-way deal, meaning Connelly will be paid more if he is playing with the Wild and less if he is with the club's AHL affiliate in Houston. From nearby Bloomington, he played three seasons at Colorado College.

It's been a busy week for the Wild, who surprised the NHL by signing forward Zach Parise and defenseman Ryan Suter to matching $98 million contracts Wednesday.

The Wild also signed defenseman Justin Falk this week.
    Parise and Suter are scheduled to hold an introductory news conference Monday.
    Source: SI

vCash

Minnesota Wild: Observations from Thursday’s prospect scrimmage

The first of two Wild prospect scrimmages this week is in the books — Team White scored three goals in the final two minutes of regulation, then outscored Team Green 6-4 in a shootout to win 10-8. The shootout would have happened regardless of the score, but it added to a good show witnessed by far more people than the Wild were expecting.

The team had to open gates to the Xcel Energy Center 20 minutes early after fans packed the lobby, and the 1,000 free Ryan Suter T-shirts it was giving away were gone within minutes. The Wild announced 6,500 fans attended Thursday’s scrimmage, and they had to open up a handful of extra sections to give fans room to stretch out.

Minnesota’s prospects gave the crowd plenty to enjoy, from Mikael Granlund’s gorgeous breakout pass that set Jason Zucker up for the first goal of the game to Tyler Graovac’s surprising two goals in the final minutes. Here are a few observations and notes on the night in general:

–As we discussed yesterday, Granlund’s ability to control the puck is something special. He fell face-first on his shootout attempt when he made one too many moves, but the fact that he was on the ice had the crowd murmuring, and his breakout pass to Zucker couldn’t have been better. He also made a nice move later in the first half, intercepting a pass and skating along the boards, waiting for supporting players before he fired a pass to the edge of the offensive zone. We’ll see plenty of him this season.

–Brett Bulmer brought plenty of energy to the game, making a handful of end-to-end drives, including one that set up a faceoff before Bobby Farnham’s early goal. He got nine NHL games last year, and he’ll be in contention for a roster spot this fall. Charlie Coyle plays a hard-charging game, too, and the Wild could have an impressive pair of power forwards in the waiting.

–Speaking of forwards, Raphael Bussieres continued to show he’s got more touch than you’d expect from a player who’s supposed to have a straight-line style. He displayed soft hands around the net, though he’d do well to find a better penalty shot move than the one he used, trying an unconvincing head fake while he kept the puck stationary on his stick.

–Matt Dumba wasn’t about to lay anyone out in a scrimmage, but he showed more restraint and maturity in a few other situations than you’d expect from a 17-year-old known for his open-ice hits. He had a chance to pinch in the first half of the game, but started skating backward on the edge of the offensive zone. That turned out to be the right decision after Team White won the puck; Team Green had the numbers to snuff out a breakout attempt, largely because Dumba was in the right spot.

–The surprise of the night, as we said before, was Graovac, who scored twice and added another shootout goal. He showed plenty for a seventh-round pick, and could be worth watching this season.

–Marco Scandella wasn’t on the ice tonight, but considering he had finger surgery after the season, that probably shouldn’t be a surprise. He might not be cleared for contact yet, and there’s not much point in putting him on the ice in this kind of situation.
    Source: Twin Cities Blog

vCash
    quite excited to see granlund

vCash
    Agreed hopefully he can provide the offensive boost with Parise!

vCash
    just ordered Praise and Suter jerseys. Am super stoked for next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker View Post
    just ordered Praise and Suter jerseys. Am super stoked for next season
    Awesome! Please come around more during this offseason and the upcoming season. Hope to see you around.

vCash
    my birthday is in two weeks i asked for one or the other lol but i will have one of them

vCash
    I still have to purchase my first piece of Wild anything, probably end up getting a Suter player tee or something. My girlfriend just came back from Minneapolis today, I told her to get me something Wild related but I don't think she did haha.

vCash
    Fired!! lol

vCash
    i did get a free suter T at the practice camp. ( i didnt go sun) ps i bought my parise jersey the first day they were on sale.

vCash
    poop

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast