Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which FA woulf you rather have?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • MARIAN HOSSA

6 40.00%
  • BRIAN CAMPBELL

9 60.00%
Page 3528 of 4513 FirstFirst ... 25283028342834783518352635273528352935303538357836284028 ... LastLast
Results 52,906 to 52,920 of 67690

Thread: Old threads

vCash
    Daniel Tosh to play captain Toews
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BowDown View Post
    Thanks....

So rumors for elite goalies is probably bunk with Bowman here?
    Probably. I don't think they will ever break the bank for a goaile (in dollars, or assets), but I don't think they are against an upgrade.

vCash
    Sign me up for Ott!

Also I don't think there's any way Niemi comes back. There was hard feelings on his end. Also like CubsBears said, I don't think StanBo would swallow his pride and make a trade like that (in essence admitting that it was a mistake to let him walk and bring back Hammer).

Go Bears, Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Illini!

vCash
    Don Rickles as Scotty Bowman

vCash
    http://blackhawks.nhl.com/club/blogp...id=DL|CHI|home

According to Crawford...he should be played by Steven Segal

vCash
    Tom Cruise as Patrick Sharp

With Peter Facinelli as the stunt double... haha
    Mike P. ~~

Banks - The Boxer sleeps and waits for a championship...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Luongo has nightmares about the Madhouse all the time, I'm sure of it. Doubt he wants to play half his games there and not one Hawks fan wants him.

Fcuk Roberto Luongo! Fcuk him with a big rubber dick, fcuk him!

vCash
    Ott would look great in a Blackhawks sweater. He's got 2 years left at 2.95M per year.
    Wonder what it would take. Start with hammer + _________? Looks like they only have 5 dmen under contract at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I don't think that he can. The Hawks won in 2010 in spite of the goaltending, not because of it, but Niemi was light years ahead of Crawford in every way. No way the Hawks contend for anything with Crawford in net.
    I think light years is a pretty strong exaggeration. Nemo was working with a lot more than Craw was. Craw had a down year last year, but he played awesome down the stretch the year before and was one of the only reasons we had a shot to beat Van in game 6. If he plays like he did last year then you would be right. However, I suspect he'll have a better year.

vCash
    So, it sounds like Shane Doan is going to test free agency. He'd be a great fit playing LW on the Toews line. Doan-Toews-Hossa would be nasty. Get it done, Bowman!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    So, it sounds like Shane Doan is going to test free agency. He'd be a great fit playing LW on the Toews line. Doan-Toews-Hossa would be nasty. Get it done, Bowman!
    Need him just as much as Ott, only he'll cost more money but no prospects.

Doan/Kane/Hossa on the 2nd unit could rake. Would be 1st line on most other teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Assman22 View Post
    Need him just as much as Ott, only he'll cost more money but no prospects.

Doan/Kane/Hossa on the 2nd unit could rake. Would be 1st line on most other teams.
    I'd put Doan on the top line. Sharp-Kane-Hossa was really good at times last year. Doan's a guy that could help protect Toews and whoever we put at RW on the top line.

I'm torn. I think Patrick Kane is better offensively at RW, but if we put him at C, he's better defensively. If he could put on some weight (muscle) this off-season and get up to about 185-190, that might really help him out with his faceoffs and his defense. Then it gives us flexibility at RW. We could even go for a guy like Bobby Ryan to play RW. Imagine if we signed Doan and traded for Ryan (we won't, I know).

Doan-Toews-Ryan
    Sharp-Kane-Hossa

That's ridiculously good. I'm hoping we go for either Doan, Ryan, or Ott this off-season. Any of those 3 would fit in really well.

I'm hearing that Teravainen should only take a year before he's ready for the NHL. So, maybe we go for a veteran that can play for a year or two. In 2013/14, you're looking at a top 6 that would look something like this:

Doan-Toews-Kane
    Sharp-Teravainen-Hossa

I split up Kane and Teravainen because they're similar players and would get destroyed if they played on the same line without a huge LW next to them.

vCash

Another option..

Just saw that the Preds are letting Tootoo go to FA. He's another a-hole player that I would love on the team. They need guys like Tootoo to balance the race horse core Bowman has tied his rope to. He is a hitter and a great fore checker. Options are out there to better this team. Bowman needs to do something. Imagine getting Doan and Tootoo? No more being out hit..
    Last edited by 1990; 06-27-2012 at 12:55 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1990 View Post
    Just saw that the Preds are letting Tootoo go to FA. He's another a-hole player that I would love on the team. They need guys like Tootoo to balance the race horse core Bowman has tied his rope to. He is a hitter and a great fore checker. Options are out there to better this team. Bowman needs to do something. Imagine getting Doan and Tootoo? No more being out hit..
    Wow, that would be nasty. Then add Shane O'Brien to the blueline, and you're looking at a team with a lot more hits.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieKid17 View Post
    Wow, that would be nasty. Then add Shane O'Brien to the blueline, and you're looking at a team with a lot more hits.
    Unfortunately the Avs just locked him up for 3 years.