Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    vCash
    McLemore looks like the real deal. I have to watch more of Syracuse -- usually not a fan of guards who can't stretch the floor, but intrigued by the rest of MCW's skill set on both ends. Also becoming a believer in Bennett and Smart.

vCash
    Chad Ford's newest 'Big Board' over on ESPN:

1. Ben McLemore
    2. Anthony Bennett
    3. Nerlens Noel
    4. Marcus Smart
    5. Shabazz Muhammad
    6. Alex Len
    7. Otto Porter
    8. Cody Zeller
    9. Michael Carter-Williams
    10. Victor Oladipo
    11. Willie Cauley-Stein
    12. Mason Plumlee
    13. Alex Poythress
    14. Isaiah Austin
    15. Trey Burke
    16. CJ McCollum
    17. Archie Goodwin
    18. Rudy Gobert
    19. Jamaal Franklin
    20. Dario Saric
    21. Steven Adams
    22. Glenn Robinson III
    23. Tony Mitchell
    24. James Michael McAdoo
    25. BJ Young
    Last edited by Bravo95; 02-14-2013 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    NBADraft.net's updated mock (2/20/13)
    16 *Atlanta Kentavious Caldwell-Pope 6-5 205 SG Georgia So
    20 Atlanta Isaiah Austin 7-0 205 PF/C Baylor Fr
    46 *Atlanta Patric Young 6-8 250 PF Florida Jr.
    50 Atlanta Solomon Hill 6-7 229 SF Arizona Sr

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    NBADraft.net's updated mock (2/20/13)
    I've been trting to catch Isaiah Austin's games...... As a seven footer that is athletic, he holds some interest for me.

vCash
    DraftExpress and Sports-Ref have him at 7'1" 220lbs, so I might wait to see his official height/weight after he declares. I like him, we would have to consider him a project. Caught a couple of Baylor games and saw him hit a few mid-range shots, some from the baseline. Didn't look like he had much of a post game though, everything face up.

vCash
    Just whatever we do, don't draft Archie Goodwin.

vCash
    DraftExpress and Sports-Ref have him at 7'1" 220lbs, so I might wait to see his official height/weight after he declares. I like him, we would have to consider him a project. Caught a couple of Baylor games and saw him hit a few mid-range shots, some from the baseline. Didn't look like he had much of a post game though, everything face up.
    Wouldn't worry to much about his weight if his height, agility, and leaping ability are all legit. Most certainly a project, so we could put the muscle and weight on him over time. Post game we could also work on........ But I think the Hawks are in good position to draft the upside and sign the players they need to play now with the cap space.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Just whatever we do, don't draft Archie Goodwin.
    I have not seen him play, what is it that you don't like about him?

vCash
    My only thing about the weight is more about Austin getting pushed around on the block. An athletic defender can get pump-faked by some of today's bigs, I want him to hold his ground when they try to back him down.

I am biased toward Caldwell-Pope. He was a 5-star guy who stayed home when UGA was nothing instead of going to one of the elite programs, and he's carried a mediocre team on his back for 2 years to a respectable conference record. The Kerry Kittles comparison is spot on, although I think KCP is somewhat tougher mentally and physically.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 02-28-2013 at 07:38 PM.

vCash
    My only thing about the weight is more about Austin getting pushed around on the block. An athletic defender can get pump-faked by some of today's bigs, I want him to hold his ground when they try to back him down.

I am biased toward Caldwell-Pope. He was a 5-star guy who stayed home when UGA was nothing instead of going to one of the elite programs, and he's carried a mediocre team on his back for 2 years to a respectable conference record. The Kerry Kittles comparison is spot on, although I think KCP is somewhat tougher mentally and physically.
    I hear ya.... But if we are both admitting he's a project, he's not going to play many min next season. And we have time to put the weight on him. If we were expecting big min's out of him next season, I'd be more concerned about the weight.

vCash
    He's a project but he (or whoever they draft) will get minutes next season while he adds to that frame. For one, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Ferry did not re-sign Zaza because of all the injury issues. Even if they sign someone like Howard or Jefferson, the other guys will be counted on. Gotta keep in mind that DF comes from the Spurs where depth is everything, they throw everyone in the fire and expect them to grow up fast. Think about how they groomed Tiago Splitter. DF tried to build depth the same way in Cleveland also. Based on that track record, we shouldn't expect him to build a team in the future that leans heavily on a few guys with a short rotation.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 03-01-2013 at 02:09 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I have not seen him play, what is it that you don't like about him?
    Plays wild and out of control. 1 on multiple defender plays (not waiting to set up the offense). Drives almost every time he has the ball, but wildly (picture someone "trying" to play like Wade), resulting in turnovers and offensive fouls. Seems to always hold the ball alot instead of passing just to iso and drive. UK's team last year played together, it's hard watching Goodwin play the year after we had that.

As of right now, Noel is literally the only UK player this season ready for the NBA.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 03-01-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031