Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HulkHorford15
    I won't be surprised with anything really from tomorrow because of that 6 year deal that Ferry got
    That and because "they're still the Hawks" until proven otherwise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    That and because "they're still the Hawks" until proven otherwise.
    Amen bro

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HulkHorford15
    Also David Thorpe made a great point the other day about possibly beating the Heat,he said that if you want to beat the Heat you have to be good at the 1 and the 5. We don't know what Teague is yet totally, but with a little depth and a new small forward such as Miller, you could make a decent run at them. But you never know...
    He's absolutely right, the Mavs had Chandler in the paint and Kidd and Barea at the point. The Celtics almost pulled it off with KG at center and Rondo doing Magic tricks. No one will beat Miami trying to outrun them or trying to build a team with better athletes. You gotta attack their weaknesses and play smart offense.

vCash
    Here is what Coach K said in response to Chad Ford's criticism of Austin Rivers:
    “He is an alpha dog. I think he will succeed in the NBA because of that,” Krzyzewski said. “He believes he’s going to be great. I’d rather have a guy like that, than a guy who doesn’t believe in himself.”

He also acknowledged that Rivers, like every young prospect, still has a lot of work to do.

“He needs to be a better rebounder and a defender on and off the ball,” Krzyzewski said.

“Some players, they learn one punch. When you take that punch away, they get knocked out. He needs to use that aggressive mentality to work on new things about his game."

vCash
    Not a very reassuring vote of confidence at all.

I really don't like Rivers at all but the hero ball stuff came from his team sucking last year, can't blame him much for that. Don't think he's ready for the NBA one bit though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    Drafting Beal is interesting, but the moving up part is better.
    I am far from a UF fan, but I like everything about Beal's game -- you should know about him since you're a UK fan. He almost dragged that undermanned Gator team to the Final Four by himself as a freshman. Plus, I like guards who rebound because it shows selflessness and a winning attitude, another reason why I talk about guys like MKG and Will Barton so much (and dislike Joe). Here is what Billy Donovan said about Beal:
    "He was never going to disrupt chemistry," Donovan said. "He never wanted to inject himself into the team and take over. He really wanted to win and when he came in, he really worked to earn the respect of the rest of the guys. As the year started to unfold, I told him that for us to make the next jump he couldn't be so passive. He went through adversity in November and December and figured out a way to get through it."

"He led us in minutes and was our second-leading rebounder," Donovan said. "His personality lends itself to being a fit-in guy. He reminds me of Al Horford. He has all the intangibles. Davis is going one, but I'm taking (Beal) two. He can flat-out score. He understands team dynamics. He's a constant professional and he's only 18 years old. He's got it."
    http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...lked-moving-up
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-28-2012 at 10:10 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan227
    Not a very reassuring vote of confidence at all.

I really don't like Rivers at all but the hero ball stuff came from his team sucking last year, can't blame him much for that. Don't think he's ready for the NBA one bit though.
    I'm OK with him. It seemed like Duke was a better team when they ran everything through him on offense but he wasn't was great decision maker. Reminds me of Monta Ellis, but with the right coach and surrounded by some vets, I'm sure he could adjust his game.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-28-2012 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    I am far from a UF fan, but I like everything about Beal's game -- you should know about him since you're a UK fan. He almost dragged that undermanned Gator team to the Final Four by himself as a freshman. Plus, I like guards who rebound because it shows selflessness and a winning attitude, another reason why I talk about guys like MKG and Will Barton so much (and dislike Joe). Here is what Billy Donovan said about Beal:

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/sto...lked-moving-up
    I wouldn't mind Beal, but the bold is the reason why I would rather have MKG.

vCash
    Source: Bobcats have five legit offers they're currently exploring to trade the second pick overall in tonight's NBA Draft.
    David Aldridge / TNT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    I wouldn't mind Beal, but the bold is the reason why I would rather have MKG.
    I believe they both have the potential for greatness, as long as Gilchrist improves his jumper.

vCash
    David Aldridge / TNT
    Seeing that we have talked to the Kings about moving up (for Drummond?), the calls about Beal, etc, strong chance one of those 5 is us. Legit offers would obviously have to be Horford, Smith, or if Jordan thinks legit is Joe, Joe Johnson. Hopefully something happens tonight.

vCash
    David Aldridge / TNT
    Just read that as well. I hope we are the team to get it. The closer we get to the draft the more excited I can get about a Drummond and Wroten draft. That and the cap space we would have from trading Smith or Horford to sign a Mayo and or Kamen, would be ideal in keeping a play-off team on the floor while adding to of the more talented players in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Seeing that we have talked to the Kings about moving up (for Drummond?), the calls about Beal, etc, strong chance one of those 5 is us. Legit offers would obviously have to be Horford, Smith, or if Jordan thinks legit is Joe, Joe Johnson. Hopefully something happens tonight.
    If it's Joe for the number 2, I'll be ....

But IMHO opinion it'll be something like Smith or Horford and our 2nd round pick for #2, Tyrus and Mullen....

vCash
    Sources say Minnesota offered Derrick Williams to Charlotte in exchange for the #2 pick. Bobcats quickly rejected.
    Amazing how fast his stock fell, after only one year -- Kahn screwed that up. Some guys get ruined by going to teams that already have depth at a certain spot. Utah better be careful with how they handle Favors and Kanter.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-28-2012 at 12:21 PM.

vCash
    Amazing how fast his stock fell, after only one year. Some guys get ruined by going to teams that already have depth at a certain spot. Utah better be careful with how they handle Favors and Kanter.
    If Atl can not trade into the top 5, would you consider a Hordford or Smith trade for Williams and a future pick?

Edit: Never mind just thought about Minn roster. Neither Horford or Smith fit in. I wish the NBA CBA was like baseballs...... We'd get plenty of offers for Joe if we would pay 5 mil of his salsry per year, until his contract runs out.
    Last edited by SB75; 06-28-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast