Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 462
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    you arenot gonna be able to move joe johnson, so, why not try to contend for two years ( sorry but Pau > smith) see where it leads and if it does lead nowhere, well when Pau expire you can Amnesty Joe?

    Johnson, Williams, Pau, Horford is competitive, just find a nice Pg,, maybe Nash? and that can pull a pistons 04.

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    you arenot gonna be able to move joe johnson, so, why not try to contend for two years ( sorry but Pau > smith) see where it leads and if it does lead nowhere, well when Pau expire you can Amnesty Joe?

    Johnson, Williams, Pau, Horford is competitive, just find a nice Pg,, maybe Nash? and that can pull a pistons 04.
    Because we could trade Smith for a top draft pick, draft a guy to develop. Keep or amnesty Joe. Rebuild. If Kobe, Gasol and Bynum couldn't win this year, how can one believe Joe, Gasol and Horford can?
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-27-2012 at 09:00 PM.

    McGOAT

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    The Lakers had the wrong philosophy (running their offense through Bynum instead of Pau) and very little depth.

    Besides, no team goes to 4-5 consecutive NBA Finals in the modern age, even with no major changes.

    Again, I don't believe it's gonna happen, but Pau is MUCH better than a lot of people give him credit for.

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,365
    vCash
    1500
    Pau is good, but is Joe good enough (not on Kobe's level) to help Gasol/Horford contend with the likes of the Heat? This is a question out of reality because with Joe/Gasol/Horford/Teague/Marvin/Zaza, we don't have any money have a 12 man roster. I just see us having to trade somebody for cap relief (trading someone for a cheaper draft pick being the route), and Smith/Horford is our best chance at that. Trading Smith for Gasol would only leave Horford for that chance, and why should we do that then after trading for Gasol? Too much questions.

    McGOAT

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Shambala
    Posts
    43,970
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Because we could trade Smith for a top draft pick, draft a guy to develop. Keep or amnesty Joe. Rebuild. If Kobe, Gasol and Bynum couldn't win this year, how can one believe Joe, Gasol and Horford can?
    do you ahve a coach that has more than 60 IQ?

    Lakers havent got one.

    Thats how.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    do you ahve a coach that has more than 60 IQ?

    Lakers havent got one.

    Thats how.
    Larry Drew.

    McGOAT

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    Pau is good, but is Joe good enough (not on Kobe's level) to help Gasol/Horford contend with the likes of the Heat?
    First thing we have to establish is that no team is going to beat the Heat just relying on athleticism, for the forseeable future. Many have tried that route, and many have failed. OKC tried it and got bodyslammed in 5 games. Only way to beat Miami is in the paint -- Dallas showed that. So if you are building a team specifically to win that kind of matchup, you better get players who can do damage from the post.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 09:31 PM.

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Do you believe Josh wants to play for another team in 2013?

    If you say no, tell me what would you like to see for proof.
    1) I do believe Josh at some point, be it this year or last asked to be traded. But he has not openly complaned about it like DH or Paul. So when fans or media try to act like he is whining or been a disruption for the team that is simply not true. You can't blame him for asking for one when the head coach throws you under the bus in the play-off's, yet you carry his azz this year when everyone is hurt and he doesn't boast of you for the AS game.

    2) I believe Josh wants to go where he will get recognition for his play. I believe his mind could be changed in Atlanta if he gets that. There is also the simple fact that Atlanta can pay him more than anyone else.

    3) WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE THAT HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE?

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Because we could trade Smith for a top draft pick, draft a guy to develop. Keep or amnesty Joe. Rebuild. If Kobe, Gasol and Bynum couldn't win this year, how can one believe Joe, Gasol and Horford can?
    Very good point!

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    1) I do believe Josh at some point, be it this year or last asked to be traded. But he has not openly complaned about it like DH or Paul. So when fans or media try to act like he is whining or been a disruption for the team that is simply not true. You can't blame him for asking for one when the head coach throws you under the bus in the play-off's, yet you carry his azz this year when everyone is hurt and he doesn't boast of you for the AS game.

    2) I believe Josh wants to go where he will get recognition for his play. I believe his mind could be changed in Atlanta if he gets that. There is also the simple fact that Atlanta can pay him more than anyone else.

    3) WHAT PROOF DO YOU HAVE THAT HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE?
    I don't have to respond to #3 because you already answered it in #1. See how easy that was? You believe something to be true, so you obviously don't need proof from me.

  11. #131
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,032
    vCash
    1500
    I'm not totaly against trading Josh if we can get a Drummond or Jones III plus something. But some of the trades fans try to make sound good are,, and just a from start to finnish. For the talent Smith has, you get something good for it! If you can't get what you want now, you have to after the AS break to get it.

    Same goes for Al. I can't see trading him without getting a top 10 pick + something in return. He's young and can play the 4 and the 5. While I might not be as big a fan as some are of him, I do think he can get you 16 and 9 shooting a high % and play good defense. You just don't give that away.

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,032
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I don't have to respond to #3 because you already answered it in #1. See how easy that was? You believe something to be true, so you obviously don't need proof from me.
    Proof and belief are two different things. You just don't have any.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,365
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    I'm not totaly against trading Josh if we can get a Drummond or Jones III plus something. But some of the trades fans try to make sound good are,, and just a from start to finnish. For the talent Smith has, you get something good for it! If you can't get what you want now, you have to after the AS break to get it.

    Same goes for Al. I can't see trading him without getting a top 10 pick + something in return. He's young and can play the 4 and the 5. While I might not be as big a fan as some are of him, I do think he can get you 16 and 9 shooting a high % and play good defense. You just don't give that away.
    I agree with everything you said. I don't want to trade Smith just to trade him. I feel he is talented enough to get a top draft talent to help our team for the future. I won't say no to a Horford trade either, but I believe he has more trade value (being a young big that can play 4 or 5 and just entering his prime) so a top pick + something else would have to be put out there. My reason for Smith trades all the time is because he has put his self out there, being expiring, and also more to do with Horford being a type of 2nd/3rd option you would love to have alongside a developing player (hopeful star). I wouldn't be against trading both to be honest to get 2 top picks.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-27-2012 at 09:37 PM.

    McGOAT

  14. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    Proof and belief are two different things. You just don't have any.
    Missing my point. You just said it yourself that YOU believe he wants out. So obviously you either heard or read something that convinced YOU at some point that he wanted to be elsewhere. I don't have to prove it since I was wasn't the person who originally convinced you that Josh wanted out.

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    9,032
    vCash
    1500
    No you are missing my point.... Stop with all the add on's since you have no proof. The only thing I'm telling you is that I believe at some point he asked for one. Does that mean I don't think he wants to be here now? No. Or in the future? No. it means at whatever time he asked for it, He didn't want to be here then. With any relationship, 9 times out of 10 someone is going to want out. That doesn't mean fences can't be mended or that they have not been already.

    All that said i believe he privatley asked the Hawks for a trade after Drew threw him under the bus. Since the Hawks did not trade him, I believe they are on the mend and things can be worked out if both sides choose to. It is up to Mr. Ferry to decide the fate of Smith.......... If Smith truely wanted out, IMHO he would have went public after DH and Paul did. But he didn't, he was just pissed when he asked for the trade.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •