Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    LA times is reporting this rumor. I know it's BS. Haven't seen any ESPN guys report it yet (they have been reporting Rockets looking at trading for Smith).

I see draft picks or Smith staying put. No way we add salary to keep the same amount of players when we need a 12 man team,

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    But if yall want to rebuild, that's a different lineup because I would move EVERYONE out, as I said. It would maybe something like:

Drummond (Trade Josh for Top 5 pick)
    Ivan
    MKG (Trade Al for Top 5 pick)
    Barton (#23 pick, Joe amnestied)
    Teague (cheap contract, so we might as well keep him around)
    Now your talking. I want Smith, Horford, Joe, and Marvin out. Get MKG and Drummond too? Yes please.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    I like the idea of Horford/Gasol, BUT are we not over the cap already? We have, what, 6 guys on the roster at this moment? Now we are adding more salary in a 1 player swap? Sounds like BS to me. More Smith to Lakers rumors that even Magic Johnson wants to happen. I don't believe Ferry's 1st move will be adding more salary on this team while still only having 6 guys (maybe 5 if we trade Marvin and Smith for Gasol). We should be unloading salary.
    That's why I said I'll believe it when I see. Having said that, the idea that Pau is terrible now is nonsense from people who don't know basketball. He's still around a Top 20 player, the Lakers decision makers were just dumb enough to phase him out (and paid for it).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    Now your talking. I want Smith, Horford, Joe, and Marvin out. Get MKG and Drummond too? Yes please.
    You know I have concerns about Drummond's motor, but playing next to Ivan would have to toughen him up.

mamba24 Guest
    i think a lot of people arereally underestimating pau... this season really had nothing to do with pau. Mike brown's offense was the problem. pau had no role in the offense. brown took him out of the post entirely. everything was focused on bynum. pau had to find his own offense outside of what the lakers ran. if this trade happens the hawks (and i think many of their fans) will be surprised at what they got...

vCash
    You know I have concerns about Drummond's motor, but playing next to Ivan would have to toughen him up.
    agreed. We would also need a new coach IMO with Drummond, or we could see a Woodson/Smith all over again (though I don't believe Drummond has attitude problems. Sounds like a nice person. I just don't think Woodson/Drew are into developing young players.).

Dealing with rebuilding and trying to get rid of Joe, I feel that isn't a NEED (he can be the vet on a rebuilding team. We need to fill salary anyways.). We can still get 2 guys like Drummond and MKG by just trading Horford, Smith, Marvin, etc. Joe can either like getting paid and helping the young guys or he himself can go and ask for other teams to trade for him. We shouldn't worry about it. Plus after 3 more years, that last year in his contract is going to be a big fat $20 mil expiring for when we have to re-sign the MKGs'/Drummonds'.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-27-2012 at 07:22 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crownroyal1430 View Post
    Atlanta needs this trade so does Josh!!!
    Where do I begin..... Allow me to make a few points:

1. Pau is 31, Josh is 26.
    2. Right now Pau has an $18,000,000 salary for three more years, Josh has two more years at $12,000,000. The Hawks are in a financial hole and trading Pau for Josh straight up would give Atlanta an extra $6,000,000. We still need to get rid of that pesky $1,000,000 luxury tax.
    3. Pau has been called soft numerous times. The Hawks are one of the softest teams in the league IMO. Now I think that could go one of two ways. Either he continues to be soft with us, or a Gasol-Horford frontcourt could easily become the most dangerous in the East.
    4. If the Hawks are really going to trade Josh, then we need to look at draft picks.

I like Gasol and think he and Horford could compliment each other very well, but this isn't the right trade for Atlanta. Honestly it's highway robbery for the Lakers unless more is included.

vCash
    Oh no, I don't believe is a bad guy or anything like that. It's just strange how such a heralded player would have such little impact on a good UConn team. I mean, if Jim Calhoun of all people couldn't pull greatness out of him, that's something I notice.

vCash
    Oh no, I don't believe is a bad guy or anything like that. It's just strange how such a heralded player would have such little impact on a good UConn team. I mean, if Jim Calhoun of all people couldn't pull greatness out of him, that's something I notice.
    that is the problem.

If he played for Cal at Kentucky, Drummond would be the #1 pick in my mind.

vCash
    Is Cenk Akyol joining us this year? I heard Sergiy Gladyr will be but didn't know if Akyol is or not. If so, there are 2 bench guys for SG/SF. Good to rebuild with, just to see what they have. Don't know if they expect them to help a playoff team though.

vCash
    According to Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times, the Hawks have tired to trade forward Josh Smith for Lakers forward Pau Gasol.

Bresnahan tweeted that no deal is imminent. And a big caveat is that his report says the Hawks first expressed interest in Gasol after Los Angeles was eliminated from the playoffs by the Thunder, back when Rick Sund was still Hawks GM.

The Hawks have since hired GM Danny Ferry, who says he’s focused more on building long term. Gasol turns 32 next week and is owed more than $38 million over the next two seasons.
    Just sounds like an LA writer wanted to start a month old rumor about what Sund wanted. Ferry is in charge now, so I think this Smith/Gasol deal isn't happening.

Interesting bit about "Ferry focused more about building long term" has me excited that we might rebuild.

vCash
    San Antonio, which doesn't pick until No. 59 in the second round, as well as Atlanta, which does have a first-round pick at No. 23, also made a number of calls to Donovan and Florida in the hope that each team could move up to land Beal.
    Joe on the block? We are trading up? Drafting Beal is interesting, but the moving up part is better. We could have made calls about all the top guys just in case we move up and who we want is taken.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-27-2012 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Rumor was made by an LA writer from something Sund wanted a month ago. Ferry is our GM now and looking to the future. Not going to happen.

vCash
    I haven't heard anything about Akyol in years actually.

Billy Knight missed out on some good players in that '05 2nd round -- Monta, Gortat, Ilyasova, Lou Williams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4
    2. Right now Pau has an $18,000,000 salary for three more years, Josh has two more years at $12,000,000
    Pau's deal is for two more seasons, Josh's deal expires after next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4
    3. Pau has been called soft numerous times. The Hawks are one of the softest teams in the league IMO. Now I think that could go one of two ways. Either he continues to be soft with us, or a Gasol-Horford frontcourt could easily become the most dangerous in the East.
    The Hawks #1 problem isn't softness, it's falling into the same bad habits when they get into trouble.

The Lakers went to three straight Finals with Pau orchestrating their offense, nothing "soft" about that.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast