Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HulkHorford15
    Duncan was also an established talent out of college who didn't need time to learn and grow. I don't mind trading Al or Josh or anyone and I like Drummond, but let's not kid ourselves San Antonio model and Josh Smith in the same sentence is stretching it.

If not for a Top 5 pick for Josh/Al I'd like Ferry to trade for something in the range of 11 to 16 and a player that would be a rotational major minutes guy for depth. Add a veteran through free agency (Camby/Miller/such guys like that). The 23 pick should be a rotation guy right away with at least a NBA skill that transfers immediately (shooting/defense/rebounding).

Unless your blowing it up don't draft projects. You can only draft projects IMO(which may be worth 2 cents) at least if your rebuilding or have something established on your team to really allow that player to learn and grow from the right players and coaches we shall see if thats Ferry's mindset or not.

I like the Wroten kid, but I just don't know how he will fit if he stunts the growth of Teague.
    I agree with every word of this. His interviews suggest he believes the organization needs an overhaul, in terms of player development and other areas (aka culture change), but I'm just going off his background to predict how he'll (re)build the roster. If Ferry made a major trade for a player like Drummond, that tells me that he is cleaning house from top to bottom and wiping the slate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I agree with every word of this. His interviews suggest he believes the organization needs an overhaul, in terms of player development and other areas (aka culture change), but I'm just going off his background to predict how he'll (re)build the roster. If Ferry made a major trade for a player like Drummond, that tells me that he is cleaning house from top to bottom and wiping the slate.
    Which I wouldn't be mad with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    True. We just don't know what Ferry's plan is for this team yet, really exciting that a new vision has came in from the outside of the same ol' stuff that has been repeating itself for years here. Signing for 6 years just makes me believe he is ready to build his team and shouldn't waste time. If he sees someone at the top of this draft that he feels can become something in this league, hopefully he goes for it.
    That's the most important thing, he has ironclad job security and autonomy so he can actually wait on any major moves if he wants to because there really isn't any pressure at this moment. Once he gets a better view of the situation, then I'm sure he'll hit the gas. Levenson basically handed him the keys to the franchise and said "just tell us what you need and we'll get it done." You guys need to check out both Q&As with Ferry and Levenson in the ajc, it's almost a complete 180 from how the ASG used to act. But yeah, it's good to have some excitement around the team again, retaining Sund as GM would have been a final nail in the coffin for a lot of people.

vCash
    Which I wouldn't be mad with.
    Same here but my thing with rebuilding is, in any sport, if you're gonna do it, don't half-*** it and just get everybody out lol. But if he thinks a couple moves will do it, stick with it. We all just want one clear plan and to see them follow through for once.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 01:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Same here but my thing with rebuilding is, in any sport, if you're gonna do it, don't half-*** it and get just everybody out lol. But if he thinks a couple moves will do it, stick with it. We all just want one clear plan and to see them follow through for once.
    agreed. Push aside the Josh Smith vs Horford, who should we draft, blah blah blah. We are all fans of this team and want them to win it all.

vCash
    IDK that a trade of Horford means he's going into a clear rebuilding mode. As stated they did make the 4th seed without him. Who knows if Rose is the player he was before the ACL ( not easy to come back from ask Nique). The big 3 in Boston will likely loose a member if not 2. And do you think IND was that much better than us? Just saying IDK that he blows it all up.

With a Horford trade he could even clear enough cap room this year with a Marv or Zaza trade to go after Kamen and Allen, Harden ( doubtful he leaves but they do have three big contracts on the books) or OJ.

Teague
    Allen, Mayo, or Harden
    Johnson
    Smith
    Kamen

Looks like a starting five that could make some noise. And they would have their to picks and maybe bring back T-Mac, Twin, Ivan, and Pargo off the bench. Still a deep team. IDK what Ferry is going to do, but trading Al does not mean he's going to blow the entire thing up, it doesn't mean he won't blow it up either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    agreed. Push aside the Josh Smith vs Horford, who should we draft, blah blah blah. We are all fans of this team and want them to win it all.
    While I don't pretend to know his plan...... His hire does mean that there will be a clear direction and one man calling the shots.

vCash
    Do you think the Bobcats would take Joe and our 2013 1st rounder for their #2 and Maggette? They could then amnesty Tyrus Thomas and build around Joe, Biyambo, Henderson and Kemba. We could put Maggette at SF and then package Horford, Zaza, and the #2 pick for Howard. We could then use our #23 to possibly take Wroten and put together a very solid lineup with some vets.

vCash
    ^ scratch that... Bobcats just traded Maggette to DET.

vCash
    I think it's pretty clear that I care about this team more than any individual player, but I know all fans don't operate that way. I am simply giving Josh what he wants: He wants out. And if they don't trade him, they won't get anything for him except cap relief -- it's that simple. My teams are all business with me, it's never personal and I'm not biased toward any one player to where I would put them ahead of the team.

Josh's situation is similar to Joe from a few years ago. They should have traded Joe when he turned down the 4-yr deal, but they kept him around hoping it would work out and are paying for it (literally) to this day as he declines. Joe got them to the playoffs, then insulted the fans. Same thing Josh did, and as everyone can see, he is losing his explosiveness also. Ignoring reality is how teams screw up and end up in the basement for years with bad contracts and no hope. I'm trying to win an NBA championship not the And 1 tour, Josh is not going to lead them there and he clearly has no interest in doing so after 2013.

First and foremost, I want players who want to be here, not quitters. Josh has complained for years about individual awards, lack of touches, and trades, after we waited eight years for him to grow up. Whether rebuilding or not, it makes zero sense to want to hold on to him at this point. Zero. It doesn't matter if it's Horford, or Zaza, or whomever, if any good player wants to be here and plays the right way, I'll support them. Everyone else? Get rid of em.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 01:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiddy24
    ^ scratch that... Bobcats just traded Maggette to DET.
    Feels like Maggette has played on every team in the league by now.

vCash
    Marc James: NBA Source just told me the Bobcats will probably trade the 2nd pick. This is gonna be a an Exhilirating 48 hours for Charlotte. ‪#Bobcats Twitter
    Interesting!

According to multiple sources, the Bobcats are trying to convince teams interested in the second pick to also take back disappointing power forward Tyrus Thomas, who has more than $26 million remaining on his contract. Thomas is coming off the worst season since his rookie year as he averaged just 5.6 points and 3.7 rebounds. When asked if teams would be willing to touch Thomas, one Western Conference executive said, I dont think so. Washington Post

Charlotte Bobcats, Draft, Trade, Tyrus Thomas | share
    Would you take Tyrus to get rid of Joe?

vCash
    yeah, and draft a replacement for JJ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bravo95 View Post
    i think it's pretty clear that i care about this team more than any individual player, but i know all fans don't operate that way. I am simply giving josh what he wants: He wants out. And if they don't trade him, they won't get anything for him except cap relief -- it's that simple. My teams are all business with me, it's never personal and i'm not biased toward any one player to where i would put them ahead of the team.

Josh's situation is similar to joe from a few years ago. They should have traded joe when he turned down the 4-yr deal, but they kept him around hoping it would work out and are paying for it (literally) to this day as he declines. Joe got them to the playoffs, then insulted the fans. Same thing josh did, and as everyone can see, he is losing his explosiveness also. Ignoring reality is how teams screw up and end up in the basement for years with bad contracts and no hope. I'm trying to win an nba championship not the and 1 tour, josh is not going to lead them there and he clearly has no interest in doing so after 2013.

First and foremost, i want players who want to be here, not quitters. Josh has complained for years about individual awards, lack of touches, and trades, after we waited eight years for him to grow up. Whether rebuilding or not, it makes zero sense to want to hold on to him at this point. Zero. It doesn't matter if it's horford, or zaza, or whomever, if any good player wants to be here and plays the right way, i'll support them. Everyone else? Get rid of em.
    + a lot

vCash
    Dudley, #13 for Horford, Williams, #23

We take Williams horrible deal off your hands, y'all get a lottery pick and Dudley should be a solid player for you guys whether as a 6th man or starter.

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast