Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I agree that center isn't the biggest need (if we only walk away from this draft with our #23 selection I hope it's a PG, even though I would draft Drummond if we move up), BUT rebounding and defense in the paint has been a big problem with us (right there with ISO offense and lack of consistent players). A center (or a "big man") is needed in that case. I just think lack of consistency from ALL of our players is our biggest problem (whether it be consistency game to game or even consistency half to half) and really think it's time to start fresh.

It would be weird to end it like this, but the Smith vs Horford debate, why not start fresh from both? Get picks for Smith and Horford. Trade Joe if you can, but there are Centers, PFs, PGs, and wing players to be had in this deep draft.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-26-2012 at 07:00 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    I beleive we need a big, and brake up the core. We need to move Marvin, and if possible either Josh or al. We could get a good pick for josh or al that could make up the difference. A player like say perry jones and fab melo mixed with teague, joe, and josh or al would give us a formidable front court that could really be defensive minded and aggressive but still score points. We could pick up a back up point to help in the back court.

vCash
    So would everybody be happy with Tony Wroten at #23 if that is our only pick in the 1st come Thursday?

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    It would be weird to end it like this, but the Smith vs Horford debate, why not start fresh from both? Get picks for Smith and Horford.
    It shouldn't be a debate, it should be about the numbers (future potential) and more importantly, who actually wants to be here. I'd say the same thing if Horford or anyone else wanted out. I don't want anyone around who doesn't want to be around, that's why I'm not constantly worried about Dwight and coming up with trade ideas to get him. If he doesn't want to come, **** him and move on to the next plan. I'd trade anyone on this roster for the right price, but if someone wants out, in sports or real life, I let 'em go. If someone has a good offer, let's talk.

vCash
    So would everybody be happy with Tony Wroten at #23 if that is our only pick in the 1st come Thursday?
    I'm lukewarm on him because he's such a terrible shooter. He was 16% from college 3, so NBA defenders are going under screens every time, and like SluggeR said, he will need the right environment/coach to thrive and I don't believe Drew is the one. But in general, I've moved away from wanting Lillard, Marshall, or any other PG in round 1 because to me, the Hawks are better off signing another veteran backup PG to guide Teague. Investing in another young PG means taking time away from Teague who did a lot of good in his first season. Their focus should be on wings and bigs, IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    I woul be happy! However for some reason I think the hawks are going to end up with a pick for marv and that would be icing on the cake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I'm lukewarm on him because he's such a terrible shooter. He was 16% from college 3, so NBA defenders are going under screens every time, and like SluggeR said, he will need the right environment/coach to thrive and I don't believe Drew is the one. But in general, I've moved away from wanting Lillard, Marshall, or any other PG in round 1 because to me, the Hawks are better off signing another veteran backup PG to guide Teague. Investing in another young PG means taking time away from Teague who did a lot of good in his first season. Their focus should be on wings and bigs, IMO.
    That's the same scouting report they gave on Rondo. His shooting could be a problem if he doesn't improve it, but you have to remember the kid was coming off an injury. Not saying that's why he shot like he did, but it could have something to do with it.

JT is not the playmaker this kid is. And right now with no back-up point or 2g on the roster, who's to say they don't see time together on the court. However i would sign a vet point ( maybe re-sign Pargo), because he is also big enough to play the 2G spot.

vCash
    I like all of our players (including Teague) but I don't feel he is a starting PG that is capable of being a top player at the position (great for a small line-up, starting SG, or better yet, a Crawford-like 6th man role). If we can upgrade a position with the #23 I'm for it. Drafting Fab Melo (who only averaged 5.8 rebounds a game in college and a scouting report saying "Really not much of a skilled player on the offensive end, and will likely always be a 5th option on the floor" sounds to me like a 7 foot Zaza that can't rebound as good) to start at center will be a bad choice IMO. I just don't see Melo beating out Horford or Smith (to move Horford over) for a starting position. Wroten I can with his upside.

Like SB said, who says they won't see the court together. Wroten can be the PG on offense and being 6'6" can guard the SGs on the other end.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-26-2012 at 08:15 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Just because an NBA player doesn't become an All Star (Teague or anyone else), that's not a reason to give up on him, especially not after one season starting, unless you get some great offer you can't refuse. The goal is to build a roster where the players skillsets complement each other on both ends of the floor. So the question you ask is what does each guy bring to the team and how can we use it to win games. A lot of teams have talent but the pieces don't fit.

vCash
    If we can upgrade a position with the #23 I'm for it.
    I agree but if that's the case, the biggest hole is at small forward.

vCash
    ANd just because a players replacement isn't a ready made All-star, doesn't mean you pass on him if you feel he can be better than the incumbent. There are several different ways you can slice this Atlanta Hawks pie. But with the players that mocks have available at pick #23 Wroten is one of the more attractive players said to be available. If Ferry doesn't see Wroten as having a chance to be better than JT or thinks someone else on the bored will be better or a better fit for this team, he should likely go in another direction. But if he feels like I do and thinks JT isn't the pg this team needs or thinks Wroten is the best talent available then he should take him.....

Like I said..... There is alot of ways you can slice this pie, I just want him to get it right in the long run.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    I agree but if that's the case, the biggest hole is at small forward.
    So what do you think about the other kid from Baylor?

vCash
    Good breakdown from DraftExpress here. They split all the players into three groups and compare them:

Guards: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3986/

Forwards: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ard-Crop-3991/

Bigs: http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...Men-Crop-3994/

They spotlight the positives and negatives for each player, including the top guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    So what do you think about the other kid from Baylor?
    Quincy Miller? I posted some stuff up about him in the last thread. His ACL injury and the fact that he rarely dominanted against elite NCAA competition makes me cautious, but the talent seems to be there.

vCash
    Quincy Miller was the player who I had a feeling Sund was going to draft. Now, I'm not sure. I obviously want Drummond/MKG. Would love to have Wroten/Machado. Hope we don't draft Melo. Haven't been looking forward to a draft like this in so long.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-26-2012 at 09:17 PM.

McGOAT

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast