Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Remember the Lakers don't have their pick, so that part of it is out. I'm basically saying we don't need to give up the picks for Pau (even though I believe he has some productive years left), we should probably be asking for one of those team's picks actually. I agree with you about Marvin, though.
    It's their 2013 pick, not this year's pick.

vCash
    Has anyone thought about just trying to sign D12 as a FA next year? He wants to win and if we had a firesale (a la Knicks when they tried to get LBJ).

Joe Johnson to DAL for the trade exception they get in the Odom trade and their 1st round pick (#17) and 2013 1st rounder
    Horford to HOU for Martin and their #12 and #18 pick
    Marvin to anyone for a pick

We could have picks #12, 17, 18, and 23 and get a lot of young talent to put around Josh and hope to entice D12 and Smoove to sign in their hometown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBoom View Post
    Why would the Bobcats who are trying to build long-tern trade the SECOND OVERALL PICK for one year of Josh Smith? I think if the Bobcats did trade for Josh Smith, they would trade him away to a different team. Btw it really sounds like I'm trying to bash on Josh Smith but honestly I think he's the best player on our team, and that's why I'm trying to trade him away.
    Doesn't sound like bashing at all. It sounds like the point I tried to get across earlier in the week. There are more suitors for Al because he is young an signed for the next 4 years. The suitors for Josh have to fall into one of t. Either they are a team who thinks he gives them a chance to win now and those teams are not in the lottery. Or a team that thinks they can sign him long term.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBoom
    Am I the only one who see's Marvin Williams contract a burden for us?
    I would deal him if I could, but I wouldn't call it a burden. 2yr/15M total left.

Joe Johnson's deal? That's a burden lol.

vCash
    Anyone hear anymore rumors?

vCash
    Based on what you guys are saying I guess I'm undervaluing Josh Smith and a bit undervaluing Williams as well. I guess the fact that we could've had CP3 or D-Will over Williams is still taking a toll on me. Lol
    A lot of teams want Smoove and we could do better than another overpaid, declining player on our roster. Plus I think we want to keep Smoove to entice D12 to come here so that is added value.

Marvin is highly overpaid but he is a solid role player that would be difficult to replace. Trading him away for a 1st rounder (maybe early 2nd) if we don't have to take on a bad contract is fine with me but he is still young and getting better every year. But I agree, the hindsight hurts.

vCash
    No way would this ever go down, but I like to dream big.

Charlotte receives: Joe Johnson (ATL) and Von Wafer (ORL)

Atlanta receives: Dwight Howard

Orlando receives: #2 pick, Ben Gordon, and DeSagana Diop

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7oj8o66

Was this pipe dream even worth posting??? Sorry.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiddy24 View Post
    A lot of teams want Smoove and we could do better than another overpaid, declining player on our roster. Plus I think we want to keep Smoove to entice D12 to come here so that is added value.

Marvin is highly overpaid but he is a solid role player that would be difficult to replace. Trading him away for a 1st rounder (maybe early 2nd) if we don't have to take on a bad contract is fine with me but he is still young and getting better every year. But I agree, the hindsight hurts.
    I think D12 actually cares more about winning than playing with friends. Unfortunetly it doesn't look like Atlanta is close at all to a championship anytime soon. I say we blow this baby up. Start from scratch and with a new GM, I think this time around might be the one the finally get us the Championship ring. Build around Horford and Teague everyone else you can waive goodbye to. Except maybe Zaza, I have a tiny mancrush on him. Anyone else with me fellas huh?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BamBoom
    It's their 2013 pick, not this year's pick.
    Yeah I was thinking about the Sessions trade.
    Finally, the Cavaliers get the added bonus of being able to swap their least favorable first round draft pick in 2013 with the Lakers first round pick in 2013. Currently, the Cavs own the rights to the Miami Heat's 2013 first round pick. Let's pretend that the Heat have the 28th pick in the 2013 draft. Similarly, let's say the Lakers have the 19th pick in the 2013 draft. This added bonus to the trade allows the Cavs to move from 28th to 19th in next years draft just like that. Pretty sweet, eh?
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-28-2012 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawks4 View Post
    No way would this ever go down, but I like to dream big.

Charlotte receives: Joe Johnson (ATL) and Von Wafer (ORL)

Atlanta receives: Dwight Howard

Orlando receives: #2 pick, Ben Gordon, and DeSagana Diop

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7oj8o66

Was this pipe dream even worth posting??? Sorry.....
    Man Charlotte is really getting screwed on this one but hey, if they'll do it I'll do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jdiddy24 View Post
    Has anyone thought about just trying to sign D12 as a FA next year? He wants to win and if we had a firesale (a la Knicks when they tried to get LBJ).

Joe Johnson to DAL for the trade exception they get in the Odom trade and their 1st round pick (#17) and 2013 1st rounder
    Horford to HOU for Martin and their #12 and #18 pick
    Marvin to anyone for a pick

We could have picks #12, 17, 18, and 23 and get a lot of young talent to put around Josh and hope to entice D12 and Smoove to sign in their hometown.
    I agree with the plan in theory, but I also think you have to get proper value for your players so you can have a team around DH. Such as..... I think you can get some teams top 10 pick and next years 1rst rounder for Al. The joe deal sounds good to me and a mid to late first rounder sounds good for Marv.

While I do think the fact that this is his home city and we can pay Josh more than any one else and possibly sign one more good player, is a very big draw for DH. I also think putting a team on the floor that can get into the play-off's without him is as well. And if we do back the truck up for DH and Smith, we will need cheap cost controlled players on the roster.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hawksd911 View Post
    Why wouldnt you want melo?
    Because he sounds like Zaza part 2 with lower rebounding averages, I'm looking more for boom or bust, not "well he can play right away and give us something from the bench" like we have to hear from Drew with drafting a player. Averaging 5.8 rebounds a game for a 7 footer in college turns me away. There is a reason a 7 foot center isn't projected until the late 20's, and people call Drummond a development because he could slide past #5. So if Drummond is a development at #5, what is a 7 foot Melo at say #25?
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 06-28-2012 at 05:33 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Man Charlotte is really getting screwed on this one but hey, if they'll do it I'll do it.
    Yeah. Still just waiting for that day when the Hawks commit highway robbery.

vCash
    Alex Kennedy: The New Orleans Hornets are hoping Andre Drummond slips to #10, according to sources. They'd love to put Drummond next to Anthony Davis. Twitter
    That would be a scary front line in the futur.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    That would be a scary front line in the futur.
    There is no way he could slip that far. There will be so many teams scrambling for him if he even falls around 7-8. Heck if I was the Warriors/Raptors, I would draft him and hear all trade requests throughout the summer or even keep him.

McGOAT

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast