Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    NO! You knew that was a crap deal for us before you posted it!
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black* View Post
    Plus Williams doesn't have a "horrible" deal, so I don't see why it's a "burden" or anything and that you are helping us get rid of him by taking one of our 2 best trade pieces. I have a hard time trading Horford for the 1st pick in this draft let alone #13.
    What about Gortat for Horford?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    What about Gortat for Horford?

vCash
    Can't have it both ways if you say you want "one plan." There are basically two options:

1. You can rebuild... which means you're looking 3-4 years down the road, so you clean house (fire the coach, trade all your valuable players for good picks, and draft raw upside players such as Andre Drummond and Fab Melo).

or....

2. You want to "go for it" now.... which means you are looking at a 1 or 2 year window (so you upgrade via trade, draft the most polished players available who are ready to contribute drom Day 1, and sign vets to fill out the roster).

Either way works, but you have to decide which one you want to stick with.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 05:42 PM.

vCash
    I'm for rebuilding completely. Not sure what the Hawks want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75
    Love or hate Smith it doesn't make sense for the Hawks...
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    I love Smith and will be sad to see him go SB, whenever that is.
    No one hates Josh... but he does hate the Atlanta Hawks.

And I'm not the kind of person who puts on a cape to save someone who doesn't want to be saved.
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 06:08 PM.

vCash

Pau for Smith is a MUST

Atlanta needs this trade so does Josh!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by *Silver&Black*
    I'm for rebuilding completely. Not sure what the Hawks want.
    Either way works for me, but remember there will be A LOT of losing in the meantime and there are no guarantees when you mortgage the future for those high draft picks. Sam Presti nailed three consecutive Top 5 picks, but most GMs aren't so fortunate.

Also, favoring "rebuilding" means no point talking about anymore silly Dwight Howard trades, not only because he has no interest in coming here, but because you're committed to something else 3-5 years down the road.

vCash
    I don't believe a Gasol for Josh deal will happen, but money aside, Pau and Al would form arguably the best high-low combo in the league on offense. Bynum is talented, but the Lakers made a mistake by featuring him instead of Pau. They went to three consecutive Finals running their offense through the Spaniard.

Gasol - Pachulia
    Horford - IVAN!
    Q.Miller/PJ3 - Williams/FA
    Johnson - 2nd RD pick
    Teague - FA
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 06:13 PM.

vCash
    Stop thinking of just trading Josh and tell me how this is a good deal for Atl? It's a great deal for the Lakers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    No one hates Josh... but he does hate the Atlanta Hawks.

And I'm not the kind of person who puts on a cape to save someone who doesn't want to be saved.
    BS..... We both know fans have come through here that hated Josh. I'm not so sure he hates Atlanta..... As he said you have not heard any of that come from him.

If you are going to trade him you don't trade him for a player that's already 32 and has noticably been in decline with 40 Mil left on his contract. A trade inside the rop 5, I can see that. But No to Gasol.

vCash
    I don't believe a Gasol for Josh deal will happen, but money aside, Pau and Al would form arguably the best high-low combo in the league on offense. Bynum is talented, but the Lakers made a mistake by featuring him instead of Pau. They went to three consecutive Finals running their offense through the Spaniard.

Gasol - Pachulia
    Horford - IVAN!
    Q.Miller/PJ3 - Williams/FA
    Johnson - 2nd RD pick
    Teague - FA
    So trading Josh doesn't mean rebuilding with your line-up. But trading Al means we must re-build?

vCash
    I like the idea of Horford/Gasol, BUT are we not over the cap already? We have, what, 6 guys on the roster at this moment? Now we are adding more salary in a 1 player swap? Sounds like BS to me. More Smith to Lakers rumors that even Magic Johnson wants to happen. I don't believe Ferry's 1st move will be adding more salary on this team while still only having 6 guys (maybe 5 if we trade Marvin and Smith for Gasol). We should be unloading salary.

vCash
    BS..... We both know fans have come through here that hated Josh. I'm not so sure he hates Atlanta..... As he said you have not heard any of that come from him.

If you are going to trade him you don't trade him for a player that's already 32 and has noticably been in decline with 40 Mil left on his contract. A trade inside the rop 5, I can see that. But No to Gasol.
    Do you believe Josh wants to play for another team in 2013?

If you say no, tell me what would you like to see for proof.

vCash
    Either way works for me, but remember there will be A LOT of losing in the meantime and there are no guarantees when you mortgage the future for those high draft picks. Sam Presti nailed three consecutive Top 5 picks, but most GMs aren't so fortunate.

Also, favoring "rebuilding" means no point talking about anymore silly Dwight Howard trades, not only because he has no interest in coming here, but because you're committed to something else 3-5 years down the road.
    Been there, done that. Losing doesn't bother me. Actually the losing seasons of seeing this Hawks team grow was the best time IMO. Losing every year in the 1st-2nd round of the playoffs, not so much.

Howard trades has been long gone for me. I don't even care for the player. Just wanted some "superstar" on the Hawks finally so maybe we can get some respect.

vCash
    So trading Josh doesn't mean rebuilding with your line-up. But trading Al means we must re-build?
    That's not a rebuilding lineup, more of a win now starting 5 before making other smaller moves. Quincy Miller might be the most polished SF available at #23, if he's fully recovered from his injury. I might favor taking another polished player Will Barton instead, and just move Joe to SF. That's if I'm trying to win now.

But if yall want to rebuild, that's a different lineup because I would move EVERYONE out, as I said. It would maybe something like:

Drummond (Trade Josh for Top 5 pick)
    Ivan
    MKG (Trade Al for Top 5 pick)
    Barton (#23 pick, Joe amnestied) or some other SG
    Teague (cheap contract, so we might as well keep him around) or Wroten at #23
    Last edited by Bravo95; 06-27-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast