Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 59
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,812
    vCash
    7100

    Future Hall of Famer

    I think this term is often used too loosely...I hear announcers call players "Future Hall of Famers" all the time, but rarely do I agree. These are the active players I think are actually future Hall of Famers: Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, LT, Marvin Harrison, T.O., Tony Gonzalez, Walter Jones, Jeff Saturday (borderline, it will take him awhile if he actually does get in), Albert Haynesworth, Dwight Freeney, Michael Strahan (not really active but he retired very recently), Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Jason Taylor, Champ Bailey, Adam Vinatieri (kickers usually don't get in but 4 SBs, two won by his leg should get him in). Thoughts? Who do you think actually gets in?





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    21,725
    vCash
    1500
    I definitely don't think Haynesworth is a future HOF, but you eft Matty ICE off of the list.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,327
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I think this term is often used too loosely...I hear announcers call players "Future Hall of Famers" all the time, but rarely do I agree. These are the active players I think are actually future Hall of Famers: Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, LT, Marvin Harrison, T.O., Tony Gonzalez, Walter Jones, Jeff Saturday (borderline, it will take him awhile if he actually does get in), Albert Haynesworth, Dwight Freeney, Michael Strahan (not really active but he retired very recently), Brian Urlacher, Ray Lewis, Jason Taylor, Champ Bailey, Adam Vinatieri (kickers usually don't get in but 4 SBs, two won by his leg should get him in). Thoughts? Who do you think actually gets in?
    We will have quite a few HOFers from this era, the first guys you mentioned (minus Saturday) will be in. Strahan is the only guy from the second list i see in. The third set of players all seem like guys who will get in. But i definitely agree that Future HOFer and great player get mixed up way too much.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,812
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan227 View Post
    I definitely don't think Haynesworth is a future HOF, but you eft Matty ICE off of the list.
    Matt Ryan sucks.





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    21,725
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Matt Ryan sucks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    corpus christi, Tx
    Posts
    12,475
    vCash
    1500
    TG is already in Canton....whether he retires today or next decade...hes already solidified himself..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    31,703
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Matt Ryan sucks.
    If the greatest QB of all-time sucks then why do you think Brett Favre and Peyton Manning are Hall of Famers?




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    corpus christi, Tx
    Posts
    12,475
    vCash
    1500
    matt Ryan as of now is taking advantage of his great Run game...when he doesnt have a run game...no good game for Matt...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Same Subdivision as Ryan Theriot and Aaron Heilman
    Posts
    144
    vCash
    1500
    Torry Holt? Devin Hester?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    corpus christi, Tx
    Posts
    12,475
    vCash
    1500
    i think you have to be more than a return ace to make the HOF...which is all Hester is....Torry Holt...for sure!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Fife,WA
    Posts
    256
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    We will have quite a few HOFers from this era, the first guys you mentioned (minus Saturday) will be in. Strahan is the only guy from the second list i see in. The third set of players all seem like guys who will get in. But i definitely agree that Future HOFer and great player get mixed up way too much.
    Are you kidding me Champ Bailey and Urlacher will defiently be in the Hall of Fame

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Same Subdivision as Ryan Theriot and Aaron Heilman
    Posts
    144
    vCash
    1500
    Allen Faneca? Olin Kruetz?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12
    vCash
    1500
    steve hutchinson and randy moss(no one wants to defend him even if he is controversial)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    42,812
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    If the greatest QB of all-time sucks then why do you think Brett Favre and Peyton Manning are Hall of Famers?
    You are brainwashed...
    Quote Originally Posted by barker View Post
    Allen Faneca? Olin Kruetz?
    No and Maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by chisportscbb View Post
    steve hutchinson and randy moss(no one wants to defend him even if he is controversial)
    Maybe and No (Randy hasn't been consistent.)





  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    16,712
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Matt Ryan sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ugafan227 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    If the greatest QB of all-time sucks then why do you think Brett Favre and Peyton Manning are Hall of Famers?
    Don't worry about him guys, we know why he thinks Matt Ryan sucks

    However, i think its stupid to even consider Matt Ryan a future Hall of Famer....didn't he already get inducted?

    I do agree though that the term is thrown around too loosely
    COME VISIT THE PSD FITNESS FORUM!!![/B][/CENTER]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •