Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 220
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,902
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Thanks. I like when fans get along

    I didnt think hed play on the PP anyway because I think Gus will play it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpNJH9bQXAo
    Is this the best offensive thing we will see from schenn?

    No this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCcL_NHEdw

    and it's only happened once in 310 games haha. I think every Leafs fan's jaw dropped when it happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    maybe last year you were #10 ... but the 2 years before were a bit of a struggle
    and yet his shot has never improved and he still hesitates before he shoots. You will see soon enough



  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Don't even bother.

    It's like people completely forget that 25-30 goal scoring power forwards who are quality on the PP aren't a dime a dozen.

    He's been on an anti-Hartnell kick for a while.
    yah ... you guys are right in a sense too ... but i just don't see him as completing a line with giroux, i think simmonds could do just as effective of a job as hartnell makign him expendable for me

    i'd evaluate this on this level ... are we going to win the cup this year? probably not ... are we in 2 years ... good chance ... trade hartnell, get the person you want - let them develop and play a year wtih giroux for some chemistry and go for it in year 2 ...

    if i'm coming across as anti-hartnell ... that isnt where i want to be, i just dont think he is talented enough to be a left wing on our first line is all

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    No this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCcL_NHEdw

    and it's only happened once in 310 games haha. I think every Leafs fan's jaw dropped when it happened.


    and yet his shot has never improved and he still hesitates before he shoots. You will see soon enough
    fair enough ... i dont like the trade, so i'm not knocking either side ... it is a lateral move for both teams

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    No this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bCcL_NHEdw

    and it's only happened once in 310 games haha. I think every Leafs fan's jaw dropped when it happened.


    and yet his shot has never improved and he still hesitates before he shoots. You will see soon enough
    Carle wouldve missed the shot. He can't finish worth ***

    lol bryz

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    yah ... you guys are right in a sense too ... but i just don't see him as completing a line with giroux, i think simmonds could do just as effective of a job as hartnell makign him expendable for me

    i'd evaluate this on this level ... are we going to win the cup this year? probably not ... are we in 2 years ... good chance ... trade hartnell, get the person you want - let them develop and play a year wtih giroux for some chemistry and go for it in year 2 ...

    if i'm coming across as anti-hartnell ... that isnt where i want to be, i just dont think he is talented enough to be a left wing on our first line is all
    Well, I think he was pretty darn good last year. Hartnell was a 1st round pick. He has all the talent to play on the 1st line.

    lol bryz

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    40,262
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    yah ... you guys are right in a sense too ... but i just don't see him as completing a line with giroux, i think simmonds could do just as effective of a job as hartnell makign him expendable for me

    i'd evaluate this on this level ... are we going to win the cup this year? probably not ... are we in 2 years ... good chance ... trade hartnell, get the person you want - let them develop and play a year wtih giroux for some chemistry and go for it in year 2 ...

    if i'm coming across as anti-hartnell ... that isnt where i want to be, i just dont think he is talented enough to be a left wing on our first line is all
    How do you not see him completing a line with Giroux? He just lead the team in scoring and was an all-star.....on a line with Giroux. He literally did that....last year.

    He's a perfect compliment for Giroux. He doesn't want the puck. He sets up in front. And he really opens up space.

    I love Simmonds but Simmonds just disappears for huge stretches of the season. He's not ready to be your number 1 line power forward. Hartnell tends to not disappear for as long as Simmer does, and honestly, he's more experienced than Simmonds. There's no reason to bump him to the third line, nor should we explore trading him.

    Hartnell really, has done nothing but succeed for the team as one of the more consistent power forwards. He even cut down the PIM's last year. The guy is a top line power forward for most teams in the league.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,655
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    How do you not see him completing a line with Giroux? He just lead the team in scoring and was an all-star.....on a line with Giroux. He literally did that....last year.

    He's a perfect compliment for Giroux. He doesn't want the puck. He sets up in front. And he really opens up space.

    I love Simmonds but Simmonds just disappears for huge stretches of the season. He's not ready to be your number 1 line power forward. Hartnell tends to not disappear for as long as Simmer does, and honestly, he's more experienced than Simmonds. There's no reason to bump him to the third line, nor should we explore trading him.

    Hartnell really, has done nothing but succeed for the team as one of the more consistent power forwards. He even cut down the PIM's last year. The guy is a top line power forward for most teams in the league.

    not denying any of that ... the cap hit and the inconsistent hands (along with the skating) are the negatives ...

    while i'll disagree about the 'disappear' portion - i think they are about equal in that regard ... if we are going to NOT resign jagr and bring in a big time RW or top 6 guy ... we have to account for the cap hit ... simmonds can do the job and allow us to bring in someone a little more expensive than jagr ...

    unless we get rid of kimo ... haha

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Is Castan a Flyers Fan? Or just a hartnell hater?

    lol bryz

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Automatically Makes him a beast.


    lol bryz

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,712
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    yah ... you guys are right in a sense too ... but i just don't see him as completing a line with giroux, i think simmonds could do just as effective of a job as hartnell makign him expendable for me

    i'd evaluate this on this level ... are we going to win the cup this year? probably not ... are we in 2 years ... good chance ... trade hartnell, get the person you want - let them develop and play a year wtih giroux for some chemistry and go for it in year 2 ...

    if i'm coming across as anti-hartnell ... that isnt where i want to be, i just dont think he is talented enough to be a left wing on our first line is all
    Let me ask this question: what would Hartnell have to do in order for you to consider him to be the "left wing on our first line"?

    What would it take? Score 35+ goals? Check. Score 60+ points? Check. Camp out in front of the net on the PP? Check. Aggressively forecheck & be unselfish with the puck? Check. Be a team leader & a role model for younger players? Check.

    And do all of that for less than $4.5M per season? Check.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    In other news. Phillies Blow 6-3 lead. Here we go again.

    lol bryz

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,986
    vCash
    1500
    So if Carle signs;
    Grossman-Coburn
    Timmo-Carle
    Mez-Schenn
    Gus/Lilja/Bourdon

    Not bad but I would still look for a Carle upgrade who is solid defensively and can play on the pp with Mez or Timmo. Wideman or Shultz would be great.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Thome such a boss

    lol bryz

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    So if Carle signs;
    Grossman-Coburn
    Timmo-Carle
    Mez-Schenn
    Gus/Lilja/Bourdon

    Not bad but I would still look for a Carle upgrade who is solid defensively and can play on the pp with Mez or Timmo. Wideman or Shultz would be great.
    Maybe Im just a carle hater but,

    I would Like

    Timmo-gus
    Cobi-Gross
    Mesz-Schenner

    Then go for Parise

    lol bryz

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,674
    vCash
    1500
    Im sorry I thought for some reason this was the thread about JVR for Schenn?


    I hate to be that guy but Im going to.... I called this trade and the majority of you laughed at me and said no way we do JVR for Schenn straight up thats way too much... Schenn could be had for peanuts at this point.. And I bought into it, damnit I should of stuck to my guns.

    Regardless of this or that or he said she said.... IM JACKED!!!!! And so is Brayden, this is really cool to have brothers playing together back in Orange and Black again, something that brings back some old day feelings. While JVR had that bubble of he could be lets be honest (as many have said before) all he has ever really truly shown us was 1 playoff beast-like performance.

    Very happy with this trade...

    So does Carle walk now?

    Main priority at this point Winger & Backup Goalie?

    Between JVR + BOB and adding Schenn we save a total of approx 2.7million


Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •