Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    So basically we traded a high upside offensive player for a high upside defensive player, which was our biggest need. Good enough for me. Still kinda sucks to see JVR go, especially if he blows up in Toronto, but Schenn sounds like he'll fit in nicely here. I imagine that as long as Schenn plays up to his potential this will be a good trade regardless of what JVR does.
    Pretty much. Though I'd actually word it something like this:

We traded a slightly underperforming, high potential forward for an equally underperforming, high potential defensemen.

But yeah, this is more of a trade that will benefit both teams. I like it, personally.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    Can Schenn play on the power play? It would be great to have a good right handed shot on the point for the pp
    I think he could play. Coburn Plays of the PP and he isnt much of an Offensive Defense so.

Hartsy-Simmonds in the front
    Giroux-Voracek on semi points
    Timo on point

That setup was absolutely beast last year

Schenn-Briere-Read
    Mesz-Schenn

How is that?

lol bryz

vCash
    good trade ... i don't think so for the flyers...

needed trade ... definately for both teams and players...

who will end up on the right side of the deal ... i think the flyers will because JVR gets hurt too much and the brother factor ... but JVR, if he stays healthy, will make this deal look fairly bad in the long run

vCash
    The fact that we gave him up for just Schenn means that something big is next, you can count on that. My money is on Parise, and if that's the case then I like what we just did here a lot.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    I think he could play. Coburn Plays of the PP and he isnt much of an Offensive Defense so.

Hartsy-Simmonds in the front
    Giroux-Voracek on semi points
    Timo on point

That setup was absolutely beast last year

Schenn-Briere-Read
    Mesz-Schenn

How is that?
    Schenn can't play on the PP. He can't shoot at all... slap shot that is. And every time he gets the puck to shoot, he hesitates for a few seconds before he shoots and it's usually blocked. Been that way since his rookie year. Don't think I've seen him do a one timer, either Not many, if he has.

vCash
    we still need to resign jagr or find a wing talented enough to play wtih giroux ... hartnell, i love you but you need to go next ... unless you want to play on the 3rd line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Schenn can't play on the PP. He can't shoot at all... slap shot that is. And every time he gets the puck to shoot, he hesitates for a few seconds before he shoots and it's usually blocked. Been that way since his rookie year. Don't think I've seen him do a one timer, either Not many, if he has.
    no offense ... but you guys had no offense and there weren't many lanes to shoot through

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    we still need to resign jagr or find a wing talented enough to play wtih giroux ... hartnell, i love you but you need to go next ... unless you want to play on the 3rd line.
    Um, no.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Um, no.
    Don't even bother.

It's like people completely forget that 25-30 goal scoring power forwards who are quality on the PP aren't a dime a dozen.

He's been on an anti-Hartnell kick for a while.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    The fact that we gave him up for just Schenn means that something big is next, you can count on that. My money is on Parise, and if that's the case then I like what we just did here a lot.
    Was waiting for someone to say that....... I just hope you're correct.ray:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    no offense ... but you guys had no offense and there weren't many lanes to shoot through
    We were 10th in the league in goals for. Scoring wasn't the problem for us. Just wait until you watch him... he won't be on the PP, he simply doesn't have the skill to do it. He can't shoot the puck!! Decent wrister, but you need better than that on the PP. I'd also expect a fair number of SH breakaways if he's playing the point with his footspeed from a stand still.

I'm a HUGE Schenn fan, I want to to succeed with you guys (I've also spent hundreds on Schenn memorabilia and jerseys haha), but he's a stay at home defensive defenseman, doesn't have the skill for the PP.

vCash
    We were 10th in the league in goals for. Scoring wasn't the problem for us. Just wait until you watch him... he won't be on the PP, he simply doesn't have the skill to do it. He can't shoot the puck!! Decent wrister, but you need better than that on the PP. I'd also expect a fair number of SH breakaways if he's playing the point with his footspeed from a stand still.

I'm a HUGE Schenn fan, I want to to succeed with you guys (I've also spent hundreds on Schenn memorabilia and jerseys haha), but he's a stay at home defensive defenseman, doesn't have the skill for the PP.
    Bingo.
    #WhyNot?

vCash

Thanks. I like when fans get along

I didnt think hed play on the PP anyway because I think Gus will play it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpNJH9bQXAo
    Is this the best offensive thing we will see from schenn?

lol bryz

vCash

maybe last year you were #10 ... but the 2 years before were a bit of a struggle

vCash
    Guys, I think I found what weve all been wanting to see for awhile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WIje...feature=fvwrel

lol bryz

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast