Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 220
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbendz View Post
    So basically we traded a high upside offensive player for a high upside defensive player, which was our biggest need. Good enough for me. Still kinda sucks to see JVR go, especially if he blows up in Toronto, but Schenn sounds like he'll fit in nicely here. I imagine that as long as Schenn plays up to his potential this will be a good trade regardless of what JVR does.
    Pretty much. Though I'd actually word it something like this:

    We traded a slightly underperforming, high potential forward for an equally underperforming, high potential defensemen.

    But yeah, this is more of a trade that will benefit both teams. I like it, personally.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman9518 View Post
    Can Schenn play on the power play? It would be great to have a good right handed shot on the point for the pp
    I think he could play. Coburn Plays of the PP and he isnt much of an Offensive Defense so.

    Hartsy-Simmonds in the front
    Giroux-Voracek on semi points
    Timo on point

    That setup was absolutely beast last year

    Schenn-Briere-Read
    Mesz-Schenn

    How is that?

    lol bryz

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,513
    vCash
    1500
    good trade ... i don't think so for the flyers...

    needed trade ... definately for both teams and players...

    who will end up on the right side of the deal ... i think the flyers will because JVR gets hurt too much and the brother factor ... but JVR, if he stays healthy, will make this deal look fairly bad in the long run

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,069
    vCash
    1500
    The fact that we gave him up for just Schenn means that something big is next, you can count on that. My money is on Parise, and if that's the case then I like what we just did here a lot.

    THANK YOU DANNY B #48

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,891
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    I think he could play. Coburn Plays of the PP and he isnt much of an Offensive Defense so.

    Hartsy-Simmonds in the front
    Giroux-Voracek on semi points
    Timo on point

    That setup was absolutely beast last year

    Schenn-Briere-Read
    Mesz-Schenn

    How is that?
    Schenn can't play on the PP. He can't shoot at all... slap shot that is. And every time he gets the puck to shoot, he hesitates for a few seconds before he shoots and it's usually blocked. Been that way since his rookie year. Don't think I've seen him do a one timer, either Not many, if he has.



  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,513
    vCash
    1500
    we still need to resign jagr or find a wing talented enough to play wtih giroux ... hartnell, i love you but you need to go next ... unless you want to play on the 3rd line.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Schenn can't play on the PP. He can't shoot at all... slap shot that is. And every time he gets the puck to shoot, he hesitates for a few seconds before he shoots and it's usually blocked. Been that way since his rookie year. Don't think I've seen him do a one timer, either Not many, if he has.
    no offense ... but you guys had no offense and there weren't many lanes to shoot through

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,069
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    we still need to resign jagr or find a wing talented enough to play wtih giroux ... hartnell, i love you but you need to go next ... unless you want to play on the 3rd line.
    Um, no.

    THANK YOU DANNY B #48

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    Um, no.
    Don't even bother.

    It's like people completely forget that 25-30 goal scoring power forwards who are quality on the PP aren't a dime a dozen.

    He's been on an anti-Hartnell kick for a while.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Daytona Beach,FL
    Posts
    295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bringbackfredex View Post
    The fact that we gave him up for just Schenn means that something big is next, you can count on that. My money is on Parise, and if that's the case then I like what we just did here a lot.
    Was waiting for someone to say that....... I just hope you're correct.ray:

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,891
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    no offense ... but you guys had no offense and there weren't many lanes to shoot through
    We were 10th in the league in goals for. Scoring wasn't the problem for us. Just wait until you watch him... he won't be on the PP, he simply doesn't have the skill to do it. He can't shoot the puck!! Decent wrister, but you need better than that on the PP. I'd also expect a fair number of SH breakaways if he's playing the point with his footspeed from a stand still.

    I'm a HUGE Schenn fan, I want to to succeed with you guys (I've also spent hundreds on Schenn memorabilia and jerseys haha), but he's a stay at home defensive defenseman, doesn't have the skill for the PP.



  12. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    We were 10th in the league in goals for. Scoring wasn't the problem for us. Just wait until you watch him... he won't be on the PP, he simply doesn't have the skill to do it. He can't shoot the puck!! Decent wrister, but you need better than that on the PP. I'd also expect a fair number of SH breakaways if he's playing the point with his footspeed from a stand still.

    I'm a HUGE Schenn fan, I want to to succeed with you guys (I've also spent hundreds on Schenn memorabilia and jerseys haha), but he's a stay at home defensive defenseman, doesn't have the skill for the PP.
    Bingo.
    #WhyNot?

    People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    We were 10th in the league in goals for. Scoring wasn't the problem for us. Just wait until you watch him... he won't be on the PP, he simply doesn't have the skill to do it. He can't shoot the puck!! Decent wrister, but you need better than that on the PP. I'd also expect a fair number of SH breakaways if he's playing the point with his footspeed from a stand still.

    I'm a HUGE Schenn fan, I want to to succeed with you guys (I've also spent hundreds on Schenn memorabilia and jerseys haha), but he's a stay at home defensive defenseman, doesn't have the skill for the PP.
    Thanks. I like when fans get along

    I didnt think hed play on the PP anyway because I think Gus will play it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpNJH9bQXAo
    Is this the best offensive thing we will see from schenn?

    lol bryz

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,513
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    We were 10th in the league in goals for. Scoring wasn't the problem for us. Just wait until you watch him... he won't be on the PP, he simply doesn't have the skill to do it. He can't shoot the puck!! Decent wrister, but you need better than that on the PP. I'd also expect a fair number of SH breakaways if he's playing the point with his footspeed from a stand still.

    I'm a HUGE Schenn fan, I want to to succeed with you guys (I've also spent hundreds on Schenn memorabilia and jerseys haha), but he's a stay at home defensive defenseman, doesn't have the skill for the PP.
    maybe last year you were #10 ... but the 2 years before were a bit of a struggle

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,596
    vCash
    1500
    Guys, I think I found what weve all been wanting to see for awhile.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WIje...feature=fvwrel

    lol bryz

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •