Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Ninja View Post
    I think this move is more of a Pronger-done for sure type of thing, more than a not-signing Carle type of thing.

But let's be real here. We kept JVRs for JVRs pot, and now we have a guy on defense with just as a high as pot.

And our offense is still pretty deep.
    Amazingly deep. If we entered the season today, without resigning Jagr, or adding anyone (assuming we keep the RFA's), here's a potential top 3 lines:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
    Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
    Read - Couturier - Wellwood

Yeah. We can still score. And that still doesn't even take into consideration someone like Max Talbot who scored 17 last year.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    One more question for all of you.

Is JVR willing to actually screen the goalie/go to the net on the PP?
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post

JVR does it sometimes, (watch Devils series) but JVR isn't a typical power foward in my mind. He's a big guy with a big body but he's more of a skill player. imo.

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    JVR does it sometimes, (watch Devils series) but JVR isn't a typical power foward in my mind. He's a big guy with a big body but he's more of a skill player. imo.
    Alright, guess I have another question More of a pass first guy, who sets up plays? or a guy who can shoot and likes to be set up?
    "The way they play offense here is difficult for any quarterback," he said. "Every snap is an incredible decision. They're in a one-back offense, they can't run the ball against certain looks so they have to audible to some kind of a pass or a creative run to get away from trouble.
    "There's never a play in the game where Stafford can just turn around, hand the ball off and catch his breath. Every play he's researching the defense and they throw as much as anyone."

vCash

when he's on his game, he can be virtually unstoppable. most of his goals come from driving hard to the net and picking up rebounds in front.

if he stays healthy and plays to his potential you have a perennial 30-35 goal scorer on your hands.

vCash
    Alright, guess I have another question More of a pass first guy, who sets up plays? or a guy who can shoot and likes to be set up?
    he's a goal scorer. much more of a guy who likes being set up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Amazingly deep. If we entered the season today, without resigning Jagr, or adding anyone (assuming we keep the RFA's), here's a potential top 3 lines:

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
    Schenn - Briere - Simmonds
    Read - Couturier - Wellwood

Yeah. We can still score. And that still doesn't even take into consideration someone like Max Talbot who scored 17 last year.
    True but I feel like Simmonds sort of maxed out his capabilities last season. Not sure he's going to get 30 again. The other guys like Voracek and Schenn are more pass first guys in my opinion. I would love a true sniper with an eye for goal or a big power forward. Boy if we got Parise or Ryan this would be an awesome off-season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    when he's on his game, he can be virtually unstoppable. most of his goals come from driving hard to the net and picking up rebounds in front.

if he stays healthy and plays to his potential you have a perennial 30-35 goal scorer on your hands.
    he's a goal scorer. much more of a guy who likes being set up.
    Alright, thanks. Seems like he'd be a great fit with Kessel then (not that you guys care lol ). Kessel's playmaking was great last year, he just had no one to finish once Lupul went out. And Kessel never had any one drive to the net and get his rebounds. Seems like JVR may play well with him, if he does that.

Another crazy thing about Schenn. He's only 22 (23 in Nov) and he has already played over 300 games. I'd say he's basically a lock for 1000 games at this point, probably closer to 1600 if he stays healthy. Guy is a beast and seems like someone who's pretty durable (That can obviously change), but he's only going to get better. Leafs will regret moving him so young, since most defensive D don't hit their stride until mid-late 20s.

Worst things about him are footspeed and his reads. Footspeed can be easily improved and his reads will only get better with experience.
    Last edited by blujaysrock; 06-23-2012 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    Now that jvr is gone, going for ryan or nash would be stupid. We would have to give up a couple of youngsters for them and that is not good.

so that is why we went after a forward and Toronto got a dman in the draft. this trade was behind what we picked. would you guys go with holmstrom or laughton in the fourth line?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    Now that jvr is gone, going for ryan or nash would be stupid. We would have to give up a couple of youngsters for them and that is not good.

so that is why we went after a forward and Toronto got a dman in the draft. this trade was behind what we picked. would you guys go with holmstrom or laughton in the fourth line?
    Laughton, why not?

This is why I watch soccer.

vCash
    Laughton, why not?
    Laughton needs the time in the AHL. No need to rush him on the fourth line.

Don't let Couturier make you greedy. Most players who are rookies are unable to handle that role. Laughton will be up in due time.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    gross, we should have gotten more or put together a real package to get a #1.

vCash
    I dont want to get off-topic, but can anyone confirm the Parise rumors? Have the Flyers made it known their looking into him?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyPhan8790 View Post
    I dont want to get off-topic, but can anyone confirm the Parise rumors? Have the Flyers made it known their looking into him?
    I doubt they've made it known, that would be tampering.......

Also stupid to telegraph to the league what hey're doing.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    that may be true, but the fact of the matter is, regardless of how he was playing, he was still regarded as a threat.

so you need to replace that type of talent in your lineup. as of right now, their forwards are:

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds

Voracek - Briere - Schenn

Talbot - Couturier - Read

Rinaldo - Holmstrom - Wellwood

not that that is a terrible lineup, but adding a guy like Parise makes them pretty lethal.
    Actually I liek this better.

Hartsy-G-Read
    Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
    Talbot-Couts-Voracek(This line was Fantastic)
    Rinaldo-Sestito-WellWood

Ray Whitney is out there Folks ^_^

This also means I doubt They will trade Brayden for Ryan.

lol bryz

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast