Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    don't forget vancouver, i believe he's from BC.
    I've been reading over and over Edmonton and Toronto, but you are correct he is a BC native.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    The upside on Schultz makes him a kid that you really can't pass up on...sounds like he's the kind of talent that if he happens to fall in your lap then you figure out who else to move to open a spot for him. Just pick a guy and package him to upgrade something else....it's not that big a deal to move a decent NHL defender if you find yourself with one too many...
    well i don't think that's the issue with the Flyers.

the only issue is gonna be whether Schultz wants to play here. you can only offer the guy 1 contract, so everyone will.

it's just gonna come down to who he wants to play for.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    well i don't think that's the issue with the Flyers.

the only issue is gonna be whether Schultz wants to play here. you can only offer the guy 1 contract, so everyone will.

it's just gonna come down to who he wants to play for.
    I was responding to the point about Toronto and the inference that they didn't have room for him.........to a degree it would be the same with us..say they signed Matt Carle and Schultz fell in their lap somehow......then in order to get a kid like that you probably go ahead and move Mez to make room for him......the point being, that no matter what team you are if you get him you'll make room for him easily enough...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    I'm not quite sure what that means except maybe that you are 12.

So a highlight video leads me to believe that Schenn is a somewhat heavy legged defenseman who can take the body, log a bunch of minutes as a 2nd or 3rd d-grouping-type guy....sounds like Chris Therien...and like I said, I will take that....

maybe perhaps you would like to post something from The Wizard of Oz next.

vCash
    I think we need a grp hug up in here....

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vdaino View Post

So a highlight video leads me to believe that Schenn is a somewhat heavy legged defenseman who can take the body, log a bunch of minutes as a 2nd or 3rd d-grouping-type guy....sounds like Chris Therien...and like I said, I will take that....

Here's the problem: using the highlight video is pretty weak evidence. Since you, and I, are obviously not NHL scouts, highlight videos only show the best of/worst of moments, and we don't have access to full game, isolated motion tapes. Getting a bevy of "best/worst" moments tells you very little. I could find a best of video for a lot of really...mediocre players, but if you had never seen them prior, you'd come away thinking they were the next Gretzky (go watch anything on Gilbert Brule. Seriously. Then look at his total points).

A real world is example is this: my girlfriend, for example. She was a legitimate ballerina for most of her life, she's pretty damn graceful, but yesterday, she tripped like 3 times just walking around the house. If you took a highlight video of yesterday, you'd come away with the feeling that she was a clutz, when in reality, she isn't. The same can be said for Luke Schenn in highlight videos - you see him get beat and you go "wow he's got slow feet". Well....he's never going to be a burner, but he's not that slow, either. He needs a better first step, and needs to make better reads to overcome the mediocre skating ability. But don't let the highlight videos full you - he's far better than a Chris Therien type player.
    #WhyNot?

People ask me, "Why here? Why Kentucky?", I said "Why not"? It can be done here. It will be done here. Lay the foundation. Recruit and develop. Prepare to win. Day by day. Play by play. A new era of high performance. Why Kentucky? Why not? -Mark Stoops

vCash
    What type of defender would classify Schultz as? 2way, offensive, defensive etc... And who would he draw comparisons to as far as his game is concerned?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    A real world is example is this: my girlfriend, for example. She was a legitimate ballerina for most of her life, she's pretty damn graceful, but yesterday, she tripped like 3 times just walking around the house. If you took a highlight video of yesterday, you'd come away with the feeling that she was a clutz, when in reality, she isn't.
    If shes a hot ballerina then we may need that highlight video to test your theory.

vCash
    come on now......we all know what a highlight video is..

but you're a complete fool if you cannot recognize talent. Everyone has a "moment" or even two. But you can just tell someones passion and hunger, skill, and heart. Those are things you CANNOT teach.. You can teach someone how to pass better, how to move their feet a certain way you can teach them better technique on how to check...

you're a fool if you look at a highlight film and say OMG ITS "THE GREAT ONE" and you're even more an idiot if you look at it and say "meh, hes not bad..." talent is talent no matter how you slice it esp at this high level of play.

I tell you one thing.... put on a highlight reel of Schenn... then of MAB 2 players who were "SUPPOSED" to be the same style... who excites you more? Now i understand theres a big difference between 5th overall and 67th overall but regardless this was 2 players that "on paper" were almost identical..

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash

Thats called a "meme", its a very popular on the "internet", and what you just did there is called a "lame and immature comeback"

It was a reference to you calling Couturier: "Sean C"

everyone on this forum (and in the Philly media) calls him Couts. By you calling him Sean C, showed that you were new around here. I put "Sean C" in bolds and underlined in my qoute, which you obviously didn't notice or know what that even means because, yet again, you must be new here.

lighten up kiddo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    Thats called a "meme", its a very popular on the "internet", and what you just did there is called a "lame and immature comeback"

It was a reference to you calling Couturier: "Sean C"

everyone on this forum (and in the Philly media) calls him Couts. By you calling him Sean C, showed that you were new around here. I put "Sean C" in bolds and underlined in my qoute, which you obviously didn't notice or know what that even means because, yet again, you must be new here.

lighten up kiddo
    He's gonna be confused as hell now.........with TWO "Schenner's" on the roster now you've totally wrecked his Brayden S. and Luke S. plans

vCash
    I see, the cool kids call him "Couts." How sweet.

What's next from you geniuses? Maybe "Big Schenny" and "Little Schenny" are next and then perhaps we can go with "Goo-goo" and "Hartsie" as well.

vCash
    I see, the cool kids call him "Couts." How sweet.

What's next from you geniuses? Maybe "Big Schenny" and "Little Schenny" are next and then perhaps we can go with "Goo-goo" and "Hartsie" as well.
    Couturier's actual nickname is "Couts". he's had it since his time in juniors.

calm down, kid. it was a harmless poke. don't be so sensitive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    He's gonna be confused as hell now.........with TWO "Schenner's" on the roster now you've totally wrecked his Brayden S. and Luke S. plans
    Yeah, and don't lump me in with Randall.......I'm way smarter than him ...but don't mention that to him, it upsets him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by randall stevens View Post
    thats called a "meme", its a very popular on the "internet", and what you just did there is called a "lame and immature comeback"

it was a reference to you calling couturier: "sean c"

everyone on this forum (and in the philly media) calls him couts. By you calling him sean c, showed that you were new around here. I put "sean c" in bolds and underlined in my qoute, which you obviously didn't notice or know what that even means because, yet again, you must be new here.

Lighten up kiddo
    lmao!!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast