Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    vCash
    All of this Schenn speculation is reminding me of Ryan Parent.
    BARKANN THE MANN!!!

vCash
    As a long time Flyer fan (I was very little but remember the Stanley Cup parades!) I like this deal. Aside from 1 postseason, JVR has not shown much (at least not what you would expect from a #2 overall pick.) His potential is huge, but the guy has not been healthy and as a big forward he does not use his size. The team didn't seem to miss him much last season. With Schenn (forward) and Sean C, we have 2 very young top-6 forwards who are going to step up even further.

I don't think we can give up what it would take to get Ryan, but we have the $$ to get Parise. If that fails, I like the idea of Ray Whitney who is a sniper and would look great next to G.

It looks like we got a good young high-upside gritty clear-the-crease D-man. Last time I checked those guys are hard to come by in the NHL.

I'm not that familiar with Schenn, but does he correlate to a Chris Therien type of player or better/worse?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodonne View Post
    All of this Schenn speculation is reminding me of Ryan Parent.
    Let's hope not...
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Forgot about the day 1 cap thing. Schenn Is Still on a 2 way as is Couturier,Rinaldo,and WW ,so this could still work correct?
    Who do we give up for Ryan now that JVR is gone?
    Yea I agree with PEM, Ducks need defense, they are decent at forward, but need defense help big time. In a perfect world, you trade them 1st rounder, rights to Carle, and w/e additional picks/prospects it takes as a kicker. maybe an additional 1st rounder and a good prospect, maybe more. But for me, I would try to use Carle and 1st rounder as a foundation and build from there. Or do Mez instead and resign Carle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vdaino View Post
    As a long time Flyer fan (I was very little but remember the Stanley Cup parades!) I like this deal. Aside from 1 postseason, JVR has not shown much (at least not what you would expect from a #2 overall pick.) His potential is huge, but the guy has not been healthy and as a big forward he does not use his size. The team didn't seem to miss him much last season. With Schenn (forward) and Sean C, we have 2 very young top-6 forwards who are going to step up even further.

I don't think we can give up what it would take to get Ryan, but we have the $$ to get Parise. If that fails, I like the idea of Ray Whitney who is a sniper and would look great next to G.

It looks like we got a good young high-upside gritty clear-the-crease D-man. Last time I checked those guys are hard to come by in the NHL.

I'm not that familiar with Schenn, but does he correlate to a Chris Therien type of player or better/worse?
    http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...illy-wonka.jpg
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 06-24-2012 at 08:51 PM.

vCash
    lol RS lets go easy on the new guys, they help round out this forum and make it more fun..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Ejn-p-48s

watch that for Luke Schenn...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    lol RS lets go easy on the new guys, they help round out this forum and make it more fun..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Ejn-p-48s

watch that for Luke Schenn...
    you're still posting that video? lol ever stop watching it since last time?

vCash
    hahah no.....i love how fast and the angle he took to take out EM...wish is way Crosgay instead though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    hahah no.....i love how fast and the angle he took to take out EM...wish is way Crosgay instead though
    i love the hit on Blair Betts at 2:21, its punishing and insulting. Its just what this team needs.

As long as he does that Blair Betts hit to the Penguins, who infamously whip their heads back to draw penalties all night. Schenn is our solution to that. COME HERE I'LL WHIP YOUR HEAD BACK FOR YA!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    i love the hit on Blair Betts at 2:21, its punishing and insulting. Its just what this team needs.

As long as he does that Blair Betts hit to the Penguins, who infamously whip their heads back to draw penalties all night. Schenn is our solution to that. COME HERE I'LL WHIP YOUR HEAD BACK FOR YA!
    I love Luke already lol

lol bryz

vCash
    Everyone on every other site is saying I have no idea what I'm talking about, does anyone else see schenn turning it around here? Yound Dmen typically take a change to get their game together, I really think he will be the future of the flyers Defence and I think once Kimmo either takes a pay cut next year or retires over maybe unfortunately even moves on we go after weber, so then we would have Weber, Grossmann, Mez, Conurn, Schenn and anyone of manning, bourdon, gust, or hopefully to me Justin Shultz

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    It already feels good doing a "Luuuuuuuke" chant and the season hasn't even started!!
    Last edited by BlueEyedSuicide; 06-25-2012 at 02:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Everyone on every other site is saying I have no idea what I'm talking about, does anyone else see schenn turning it around here? Yound Dmen typically take a change to get their game together, I really think he will be the future of the flyers Defence and I think once Kimmo either takes a pay cut next year or retires over maybe unfortunately even moves on we go after weber, so then we would have Weber, Grossmann, Mez, Conurn, Schenn and anyone of manning, bourdon, gust, or hopefully to me Justin Shultz
    as far as i'm concerned, Luke has all the potential to be the #1 guy; now it just comes down to hard work, dedication, and great coaching to get him to reach his true potential.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    It is not uncommon for hockey players to completely transform around age 25. Theres the all star exceptions like Malkin and Oveckin that are great from day 1, so generic hockey fans all assume that all good players better be great by his age. Truth is, 99% of hockey players take a long time to develop. They hit their prime at 25/27, and until then are still developing. Most players dont see the NHL full time yet at Luke's age, and he's been there for 4 years. NHL fans saw him during his awkward stage, which they typically dont,

Basically, anybody that assumes a permanent fate for a 22 year old hockey player that shows the ability to play, is fairly simple minded. They'd be better off watching golf, much easier to comprehend.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    as far as i'm concerned, Luke has all the potential to be the #1 guy; now it just comes down to hard work, dedication, and great coaching to get him to reach his true potential.
    agreed. He has no attitude red flags, so no problem.

vCash
    Schenn will be fine -- he's got all of the talent in the world & now he has Chris Pronger to teach him how to play the position.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast