Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Claude28Giroux View Post
    Ok, DO NOT resign carle or Jagr.

Bobby Ryan is not a free agent. Parise will not need Eight Million. 6.5 should be fine. I am not sure if its in this thread or the draft one but I made a Roster on capgeek that shows what the flyers could do.
    Tried My hand at a CapGeek Roster. Instead of the 70.3mil cap they have I used a 66.3

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
    C28G Flyer 2012-13 Line-Up Thought
    FORWARDS
    Scott Hartnell ($4.200m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Zach Parise ($6.500m)
    Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Danny Briere ($6.500m) / Wayne Simmonds ($1.750m)
    Matt Read ($0.900m) / Sean Couturier ($1.375m) / Jakub Voracek ($3.000m)
    Eric Wellwood ($0.580m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Ben Holmstrom ($0.805m)
    DEFENSEMEN
    Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
    Kimmo Timonen ($6.333m) / Erik Gustafsson ($0.900m)
    Luke Schenn ($3.600m) / Andrej Meszaros ($4.000m)
    Andreas Lilja ($0.738m) /
    GOALTENDERS
    Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
    Martin Biron ($0.875m)
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
    SALARY CAP: $66,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,332,500; BONUSES: $2,705,000
    CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,967,500

This is only with 2 million added cap. The cap may well go up about 5 mil from all I heard.

lol bryz

vCash
    Tried My hand at a CapGeek Roster. Instead of the 70.3mil cap they have I used a 66.3

FORWARDS
    DEFENSEMEN
    GOALTENDERS
    Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
    Martin Biron ($0.875m)
    ------

This is only with 2 million added cap. The cap may well go up about 5 mil from all I heard.
    I totally dig these lines except for one thing, instead of bringing in Parise I would save Jagr at about half his price. I know it's not the most popular thing to do, but I'm going for safe over sensational. Add around 3 mil to the 1.9 million saved you have projected and maybe look at putting together a mid season trade for someone?

Secondly, and I have no proof to back any of this up, I think 10 year mega deals are not going to work out in the long term.
    BARKANN THE MANN!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodonne View Post
    I totally dig these lines except for one thing, instead of bringing in Parise I would save Jagr at about half his price. I know it's not the most popular thing to do, but I'm going for safe over sensational. Add around 3 mil to the 1.9 million saved you have projected and maybe look at putting together a mid season trade for someone?

Secondly, and I have no proof to back any of this up, I think 10 year mega deals are not going to work out in the long term.
    I dont want Parise for 10 years. maybe 5 or 6 because we know what he is capable of. Also Jagr said he wanted a raise from his 3.3 last year. So if we do sign him itll be around 3.4 to 4 mil. We may save around 2 to 3m just because of the rising cap anyway. Plus I think Parise can do everything Jagr can do, except maybe mentor some guys. Still Zach has been around the league awhile and he can mentor younger guys as well.

lol bryz

vCash
    I really want ryan and if he could be had for Voracek, Mez and a combination of picks and/or prospects....i say we do it now.

Then we make the following moves:
    sign dennis wideman: he gives us the ability to score from the point(and we'll need it after giving up our best scoring dman (mez)
    Sign Ray whitney: I think he has way more left in the tank than Jagr(both are 40) could be had for the same price
    Re-sign carle(even though his game was exploited without Pronger on the ice with him....he still knows the system and is a good puck moving dman
    Sign Biron as the backup

Our roster would look like this:

Hartnell/Giroux/Ryan
    Whitney/Briere/Read
    Schenn/Coutourier/ Simmonds
    Rinaldo/Talbot/(wellwood, Z, Sestito or holmstrom)

Coburn/Timonen
    Schenn/Carle
    Wideman/Grossman

Bryzgalov
    Biron

Deepest team in the NHL by far!!!

And I quickly crunched the numbers and it looks like everyone will fit under the cap if whitney gets 3.5, wideman gets 4.5, carle gets 4.5, Biron gets 1, and add ryans 5.1....totaling just under 68 mil.

That is also by putting Pronger on LTIR and stashing Shelley and Leighton in the minors....leaving us enough room to resign bourdon, Z, and sestito

Finishing off with about 70 mil even(300,000 under the cap)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield_18 View Post
    I really want ryan and if he could be had for Voracek, Mez and a combination of picks and/or prospects....i say we do it now.

Then we make the following moves:
    sign dennis wideman: he gives us the ability to score from the point(and we'll need it after giving up our best scoring dman (mez)
    Sign Ray whitney: I think he has way more left in the tank than Jagr(both are 40) could be had for the same price
    Re-sign carle(even though his game was exploited without Pronger on the ice with him....he still knows the system and is a good puck moving dman
    Sign Biron as the backup

Our roster would look like this:

Hartnell/Giroux/Ryan
    Whitney/Briere/Read
    Schenn/Coutourier/ Simmonds
    Rinaldo/Talbot/(wellwood, Z, Sestito or holmstrom)

Coburn/Timonen
    Schenn/Carle
    Wideman/Grossman

Bryzgalov
    Biron

Deepest team in the NHL by far!!!

And I quickly crunched the numbers and it looks like everyone will fit under the cap if whitney gets 3.5, wideman gets 4.5, carle gets 4.5, Biron gets 1, and add ryans 5.1....totaling just under 68 mil.

That is also by putting Pronger on LTIR and stashing Shelley and Leighton in the minors....leaving us enough room to resign bourdon, Z, and sestito

Finishing off with about 70 mil even(300,000 under the cap)
    you should always have around 2 mil in cap for AHL callups imo

lol bryz

vCash
    you should always have around 2 mil in cap for AHL callups imo
    Well we all know that Holmgren likes to push his team right to the cap and i did include the salaries of Bourdon, Harry Z, Sestito, wellwood, and lilja... a few of whom will have to play in the minors this year so we do have a little bit of a cushion

vCash
    Well we all know that Holmgren likes to push his team right to the cap and i did include the salaries of Bourdon, Harry Z, Sestito, wellwood, and lilja... a few of whom will have to play in the minors this year so we do have a little bit of a cushion
    Maybe the 1 thing i hate about holmer

lol bryz

vCash
    Maybe the 1 thing i hate about holmer
    well the numbers for the FA signings are all rounded so it could be less...but what do you think about the potential signings? I would be extremely excited for the season

vCash
    well the numbers for the FA signings are all rounded so it could be less...but what do you think about the potential signings? I would be extremely excited for the season
    Id be more content with mine as the team would have more chemistry than adding your pieces. I think the younger guys are more comfortable when they know everyone. Either way I think we'd would have a great team and could be a cup contender.

lol bryz

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by crzyhawk View Post
    I think you're being a little unfair to JVR here. G and Jagr kept passing back and forth to each other and essentially ignoring JVR being there at all. I really blame the Flyers and injury for JVR's season. He had very little chemistry with anyone this season, and was hurt enough that he couldn't generate any.

If the Leafs can find him the right linemates, JVR is going to light it up for the leafs. As for us, Schenn is slow, and you can't teach speed. You can only try to compensate for the lack thereof with hockey IQ and positioning.
    no, I'm not being unfair. JVR was put on the line with Giroux and Jagr and had to be the power forward, already had 2 playmakers. JVR had to be the power forward, he had to get the puck in the corners, win battles, crowd the net, things like that. the John Leclair duties, and JVR just cant do those things, thats not his style. They wanted JVR to play just like Simmonds, but with a great shot/passing skills. And that isnt what they got.

Still a great player, but you cant miss-use him. He needs to be on a line with someone else doing the dirty work.

vCash
    I actually think Parise is going to get closer to 7.5 on less he wants to to take less to play in PIT. and I think Voracek will want a contract similar to what JVR got because he has produced alot more(183 pts compared JVRs 99) in a similar time frame. I just feel like we might be too young at forward with only Harnell and Briere in their 30s

vCash

FORWARDS
    DEFENSEMEN
    GOALTENDERS
    Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
    Martin Biron ($0.875m)
    ------

FYI you have to put Prongers 4.9 salary on there. Before he goes on LTIR, his salary has to be on the books on Day 1 of the season, and the team has to be within the cap rules on Day 1, and the 10% cap offseason forgiveness does not help you on Day 1 of the season. His salary has to be factored in for Day 1. If Schenn is still a 2 way contract and can go to AHL waiver free, then there's 3.3 in space right there and we're good to go (you can just max it out, and the 1.6 million difference is your AHL callup money)

but nice job there. I still rather have Ryan, personally, because I do not think Parise wants to come here. Thats never been made official but he does seem to not want to go to a rival. Ryan WANTS to be here, so I like him.

2 million cap raise is alittle more realistic. Unless some kind of sponsor or corporation is paying for the cap increase, I do not see 5 million more coming out of the owners' pockets. no way. I think those rumors were started so the fans will pressure the owners into raising the cap in the new CBA. All fans want to see superstars on their teams. 3% is always the realistic figure.
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 06-24-2012 at 04:47 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    FYI you have to put Prongers 4.9 salary on there. Before he goes on LTIR, his salary has to be on the books on Day 1 of the season, and the team has to be within the cap rules on Day 1, and the 10% cap offseason forgiveness does not help you on Day 1 of the season. His salary has to be factored in for Day 1. If Schenn is still a 2 way contract and can go to AHL waiver free, then there's 3.3 in space right there and we're good to go (you can just max it out, and the 1.6 million difference is your AHL callup money)

but nice job there. I still rather have Ryan, personally, because I do not think Parise wants to come here. Thats never been made official but he does seem to not want to go to a rival. Ryan WANTS to be here, so I like him.

2 million cap raise is alittle more realistic. Unless some kind of sponsor or corporation is paying for the cap increase, I do not see 5 million more coming out of the owners' pockets. no way. I think those rumors were started so the fans will pressure the owners into raising the cap in the new CBA. All fans want to see superstars on their teams. 3% is always the realistic figure.
    Forgot about the day 1 cap thing. Schenn Is Still on a 2 way as is Couturier,Rinaldo,and WW ,so this could still work correct?
    Who do we give up for Ryan now that JVR is gone?
    Last edited by Claude28Giroux; 06-24-2012 at 06:13 PM.

lol bryz

vCash
    Forgot about the day 1 cap thing. Schenn Is Still on a 2 way as is Couturier,Rinaldo,and WW ,so this could still work correct?
    Who do we give up for Ryan now that JVR is gone?
    we still have voracek and read as forwards, they are reportedly interested in coburn and meszaros, because they'd like to add defense as well.

some kind of combination i guess and add a prospect and/or a pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooshman View Post
    big thing being overlooked here is that Luke Schenn does NOT have NHL wheels. He will never become the dominant dman people hope he will because he simply cannot skate with NHLers. 4yrs in the bigs and his skating has not improved a tiny bit.
    Sorry Philly fans, you will learn very quickly that although Schenn has the heart of a lion he will never amount to anything beyond a 4/5 defensive dman.
    The "potential" part of this trade is a HUGE advantage for the Leafs...they have lost very little by losing Schenn in this trade - you will find this out very quickly after watching Schenn skate.
    Not for nothing but some guy named Pronger ain't exactly fleet of foot...and he's had a pretty nice career......Good Lord by no means am I comparing Luke Schenn to Pronger here........just the point that there's way more to the game to being successful than just raw footspeed. Guys who aren't burners obviously have to compensate by being a little smarter and more technically sound in what they do. I haven't seen enough of the guy to make a case for that myself....but I just can't imagine the guy is THAT slow where he can't be a quality NHL defender.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast