Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    ^^^ f having someone back there that adds grit...

What i love is how Big brother Luke would call Brayden almost "every night" they said they are like best friends. About how they talked about eachothers games, and critiqued one another and congratulated one another for big hits. The would also try to improve one another. You cant buy that in a locker-room... you cant buy what that will translate too...

The Flyers havent seen the likes of this since Jim & Joe Watson were here. And we know that 2 of those out comes were hoisting that Cup. Heres to the duo of magical brothers doing that again
    When we play Pittsburgh can they get like a Hanson brothers thing going on where Brayden pushes Sidney down and when Sid starts crying Luke gives him a shot from the other side?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofphilly View Post
    Sorry im from the John Leclair era...man I miss that style player...
    Still laughing at Hasek crying about LeClair blasting one through the outside of the net

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    Still laughing at Hasek crying about LeClair blasting one through the outside of the net
    yeah i remember that. i was so young when it happened but i remember it vividly. thought it was the coolest thing ever lol.

vCash
    FWIW, van riemsdyk has just 1 goal, 3 points over his last 10 games. even after his hot start, he has just 22 points in 34 games. and while that's an improvement over what he did here, it's not really any more valuable than what the flyers are getting from luke schenn.

in fact, for this team, i'd take schenn without a second thought. and that's without accounting for the whispers that he milked his injury last season so that the flyers couldn't trade him at the deadline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    FWIW, van riemsdyk has just 1 goal, 3 points over his last 10 games. even after his hot start, he has just 22 points in 34 games. and while that's an improvement over what he did here, it's not really any more valuable than what the flyers are getting from luke schenn.

in fact, for this team, i'd take schenn without a second thought. and that's without accounting for the whispers that he milked his injury last season so that the flyers couldn't trade him at the deadline.
    I would say that for the most part, Schenn has been our best dman behind Grossman this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW3AScDKMgU

Legendary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    Yes, JVR scored a goal in the playoffs. I don't know why you're posting it here, like anyone cares, however. The trade is over with and it worked out well for both teams, it would seem. Not to mention, you do realize the post you just quoted is like, 4 months old, right?
    Don't give up on us now...

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

vCash
    What a pass from grab, also love that you can see Jagr's lack of speed this whole play and what an awful turnover.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GoLeafsGo View Post
    That was certainly a great goal, but it seems that you're implying that goal "won" the trade for the Leafs. I like JVR, I think he's a good young player, but I think his ceiling is a perennial 50-55 point player. Don't get me wrong, that's solid production, but I don't think he's the superstar we all thought he'd be when our Flyers took him 2nd overall after Kane.

I think Schenn made major strides this year (thank God) as did JVR, so in my opinion, this was one of those rare trades that truly benefited both squads.
    The Squads:
    Flyers - Phillies - Eagles - 76ers

...did anyone bring pizza?

vCash
    Come on guys... They just want some recognition for finally making the playoffs. Don't rain on thier parade. Maybe in another 12 years they will make it out of the first round.
    "Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly upon our own point of view.", "The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner, now I am the master.", "I find your lack of faith disturbing.", "I can feel your anger... it gives you focus, it makes you stronger!"

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415