Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 220

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,543
    vCash
    1500

    JVR traded to TOR for Luke Schenn

    Breaking News!!!! Toronto trades Luke Schenn to Flyers for James Van RiemsDyk. Done deal. #TSN
    -Dreger
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,905
    vCash
    500
    Schenn will thrive on your team imo.

    Just gotta hope his skating picks up and he starts taking better reads (I'm sure Pronger will help him immensely).

    Tell me about JVR, what kind of game does he play? I watch the occasional Flyers game, but never really payed any attention to him



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by blujaysrock View Post
    Schenn will thrive on your team imo.

    Just gotta hope his skating picks up and he starts taking better reads (I'm sure Pronger will help him immensely).

    Tell me about JVR, what kind of game does he play? I watch the occasional Flyers game, but never really payed any attention to him
    He's a power forward, but more in the Bobby Ryan power forward and less in the Hartnell power forward mold. He doesn't score "dirty" goals. He can take over a game, but he can also disappear for months on end.

    I think he's a potential 30-35 goal scoring, 60 point forward. Really good player, but honestly, you're going to get some overhyped answers here, so watch out. I think people think he's the next great power forward. In my mind, he's going to be really good, but that's kind of where the buck stops.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    30,905
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    He's a power forward, but more in the Bobby Ryan power forward and less in the Hartnell power forward mold. He doesn't score "dirty" goals. He can take over a game, but he can also disappear for months on end.

    I think he's a potential 30-35 goal scoring, 60 point forward. Really good player, but honestly, you're going to get some overhyped answers here, so watch out. I think people think he's the next great power forward. In my mind, he's going to be really good, but that's kind of where the buck stops.
    Thanks

    I guess the same can be said about Schenn. some will say he's the second coming of Adam Foote, but watching him he's really struggled the last few years. He's been slow as molasses and takes horrible reads/angles on plays. Still young and for sure has room to grow. I seriously think he'll thrive with you guys.

    What to expect next year, I would just say a physical D who will probably lead the league in hits for D and block over 100 shots. Never played well on our PK, but could just be our system on that one, since no one plays well on our PK. He can't shoot worth a lick, but he's a solid defensive defenseman who will be a top 4 D down the road. Type of physical guy who will be fun to watch, especially in the playoffs.

    You guys will like him for sure (just be warned of his footspeed, he's pretty slow), but then again, he could fix that somewhat this offseason if he slimmed down a little.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pistolvania
    Posts
    30,804
    vCash
    1500
    I'll miss JVR

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Where The Wind Blows
    Posts
    179
    vCash
    1500
    I feel like we shoulda got more than just Schenn.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jrap2 View Post
    I feel like we shoulda got more than just Schenn.
    And this is where the overhype starts.

    As much as we as Flyers fans hate to admit it....exactly what has JVR done in the NHL thus far? He's had one season above 40 points. Sure he's been hurt. Sure, he's young. But realistically, what has he done?

    Going on potential, sure, he's got potential. But so does Luke Schenn. We're not very far removed when 20 year old Luke Schenn was the next shutdown defensemen in the league. And that talent certainly still resides in Schenn.

    It's a fair deal here. The Leafs got a potential 70 point power forward who hasn't tapped fully into his potential. The Flyers got a potential number 1 shut down defensemen who hasn't tapped fully into his potential.

    I loved JVR. I loved his potential. But it's also time to realize we just got a really high ceiling defensemen.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    468
    vCash
    1500
    We could've gotten Schenn for so much cheaper in my mind. Like seriously? JVR was in talks for a Ryan, Nash type of deal and we come along with Schenn?

    This better lead to a Parise signing.


    This is why I watch soccer.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,026
    vCash
    1500
    well they did it.

    i'm with some others in here. i think they might have been able to get at least a pick as well with Schenn.


    but hey, we got the right-handed, physical defenseman we wanted.


    doesn't really save much cap space, i think about $650,000 for the Flyers.


    we'll see if this leads to the Flyers pushing hard for Parise, and what it means for Carle.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,026
    vCash
    1500
    one other great thing about it: the Schenn brothers really couldn't be happier at the moment.

    let's now hope that both stick around and really bring the best out of each other on the ice.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,276
    vCash
    1500
    I hope this means we go after Parise or are still somehow involved in the Ryan/Nash sweepstakes (preferably Ryan, younger, cheaper, just as productive) or maybe even Alex Semin? This is interesting. I feel like supplementary offense is our biggest need now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    41,543
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ryguy553 View Post
    I hope this means we go after Parise or are still somehow involved in the Ryan/Nash sweepstakes (preferably Ryan, younger, cheaper, just as productive) or maybe even Alex Semin? This is interesting. I feel like supplementary offense is our biggest need now.
    I still don't think that's true. Our best hockey, which was played in March and early April, then into the Pens series.....was played without JVR.

    I think that's why this trade is fine. We proved last year JVR was an ancillary piece on this team. Schenn, however, could become our best defender in a years time.
    Don't give up on us now...


    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Henry, House of Burgess, 1775
    Give me the playoffs...or give me death!!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    10,026
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I still don't think that's true. Our best hockey, which was played in March and early April, then into the Pens series.....was played without JVR.

    I think that's why this trade is fine. We proved last year JVR was an ancillary piece on this team. Schenn, however, could become our best defender in a years time.
    that may be true, but the fact of the matter is, regardless of how he was playing, he was still regarded as a threat.


    so you need to replace that type of talent in your lineup. as of right now, their forwards are:

    Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds

    Voracek - Briere - Schenn

    Talbot - Couturier - Read

    Rinaldo - Holmstrom - Wellwood


    not that that is a terrible lineup, but adding a guy like Parise makes them pretty lethal.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    2,597
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    that may be true, but the fact of the matter is, regardless of how he was playing, he was still regarded as a threat.


    so you need to replace that type of talent in your lineup. as of right now, their forwards are:

    Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds

    Voracek - Briere - Schenn

    Talbot - Couturier - Read

    Rinaldo - Holmstrom - Wellwood


    not that that is a terrible lineup, but adding a guy like Parise makes them pretty lethal.
    Actually I liek this better.

    Hartsy-G-Read
    Schenn-Briere-Simmonds
    Talbot-Couts-Voracek(This line was Fantastic)
    Rinaldo-Sestito-WellWood

    Ray Whitney is out there Folks ^_^

    This also means I doubt They will trade Brayden for Ryan.

    lol bryz

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,522
    vCash
    1500
    As others stated. JVR disappeared for months at a time. I'm surprised we got Schenn at this point considering his value right now. Schenn is much more established, just had a down year. JVR literally has lived off that one playoff performance. Hasn't don't much else.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •